2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
skipys_co_uk said:
I'm with the guys that dropped in the main event - any chance of a 5 minute warm up between quali and race to allow rejoin???

I can understand the frustration. However, I'm not sure that this suggestion will help too much. What if it drops out during the 5 min warm up. It's usually just a matter of luck (bad luck admittedly) when it happens.

ok, ney probs, just trying to think of a solution for guys in the main event. even though pretty annoying last night (i'd spent the day ripping up carpet and removing skirting boards from all of downstairs so was itching to race) nowt was lost. Would be a shame to think the championship was decided like this.

Understand the response, would be a pain to quali on pole to go to a warm up where someone that dropped in quali was able to join to then end up dropping yourself.

it is very interesting to hear that there were a lot of others with issues last night. at least now i know the gods weren't just targeting me! :)

hope the race was a good one for those that managed to stay on and see you on track soon (/me glances threateningly at ISP)

A really taxing weekend for me, the car had always felt like it was on the edge and that made consistency a real issue for me, the rapid rate of tire degradation also did not help the situation.

Qually was very frustrating, I had no time prior to it to make any preliminary laps since I had some RL problems to deal with and that lack of practice certainly showed. However I was on for two 40.5xx but the last sector chicane and last turn always ate all of that time up. In the end a disappointing 40.9 i think which put me in 5th or 6th.

At the start of the first race I overtook Rami and made some ground on the top 3. At the start of the 2nd lap I made lots of ground on the 3rd BMW of Samuel right at turn 1, which made him go on the defensive for turn 2. I kept the outside line and tried to go around him but he kept the inside well and right at the apex where I started accelerating I got a firm nudge from Rami which sent me straight into the sand pit. Although I haven't looked at the incident it was a very inopportune moment for such a nudge and it sent me back a few places. At the time I over thought the accident and in the end that cost me the concentration I had going and also my race I ended up 20th after a mistake on the last turn where I clipped the grass. Seems like the RWD have a hell of a time navigating the dunes. In the end very disappointing, the fact that so many new strong drivers joined might have had an adverse effect on me. Valencia was never one of my strong points but after some serious tweaking the night before and being able to go as low as 40.2xx in TA I thought I might have a chance at top 3 but it was no to be.

Race 2 was pretty much the same story. I tried keeping pace which becomes very difficult since (some) of the cars in the back are very slow and getting out of that rhythm is very challenging not to mention the tire wear that occurs while your behind them and trying not to hit ppl when they brake much earlier than you. I was behind Gregory from quite a few laps tryin to keep a healthy distance. I made up my mind that making a move might be risky and decided on saving tires and making a push at the end. And so I did, finished 14th after some nice fights and a few lucky breaks.

All in all a weekend definitely to forget, I am very surprised at how the top runners deal with this tire wear and kudos to them its something that's currently out of my reach but I will devote more time to Race practicing in order to see the weak and strong points of the car before the race weekend. At the moment I am unsure about a few driving maneuvers of some drivers and am contemplating whether or not I should take action, lots of them are racing incidents its just hard to see it that way when it happens.

Great racing to the top guys, I think Gerger should change his skin to have a target on its rear bumper, well done man grats.

Erm Guys, we appreciate all the interest, but we are aware of the change to the Real WTCC Schedule.
The Race Directors will look after our WTCC 08 League schedule. :D:D:D

We need something to fill in those spare seconds we get every now and again, or do we have some more volunteers, lol. :smurf:

Was my post a little too subtle? :D

We don't mind all the speculation and discussion, but please be aware the the Race Directors will be setting the League schedule, independent of what is posted here.
You know already that we are a bunch of dictators. :circuitzolder::circuitzolder::circuitzolder:

I tried keeping pace which becomes very difficult since (some) of the cars in the back are very slow.

Um Cristian,
I know that your planet is not very populated, but calling anyone in group 1 slow makes the rest of us earthlings feel kind of, well really slow. I think even a bad race for you is good. This is only my opinion however, and that is the bad thing about opinions - everyone has one. :alla:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back