2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but on having come to the second corner a typical stopper was mounted and I push the brake pedal before time with caution. When everything seemed to be controlled, the driver in front of me stopped in half of the corner, I suppose because he saw something strange ahead him, and I hit him, losing I also several positions. Sorry to this driver, I don't know now who he was.

The driver you hit was me. However, I suggest you look at the replay to see the incident. I took the corner wider to make sure everyone had room and just as I was about to turn in, a car from behind (and right beside you) came charging into the apex, so I stayed wider to give him room and avoid being hit. I was nothing like stopped, but maybe a little slower than usual, but then I was aware of the dangers of first corner accidents and take a little more care. It would be nice if others did the same.
Sorry it cost you some positions, it cost me about 20 positions, about 15 secs, and a damaged car from all of the others who then hit my spinning car.
Anyway, lets put it down to a racing incident and move on. :)

• Mehmet Arslan

Lol, no crash, what then? I smacked right into the tyrestack, they should get that out of there and make it straight, too dangerous :)

just trayed joing but keep getting you can only join in pre-qu?

The message would be "can't join in qualification", which is correct. For League events (and we use the same league settings for this event), you must join during Practice mode. This is to avoid the problem of people having lag issues or hitting invisible cars during Qualy.

It is explained fully in the league Rules Docs.

DAMMIT!!!!!

20 seconds to go and my ISP drops my line!!!! BAH!!!!

I'm with the guys that dropped in the main event - any chance of a 5 minute warm up between quali and race to allow rejoin???

I can understand the frustration. However, I'm not sure that this suggestion will help too much. What if it drops out during the 5 min warm up. It's usually just a matter of luck (bad luck admittedly) when it happens.

Just watched the G1 Race 2 replay as I wanted to see Greger's run from 8th to first. His driving was great but the replay seems to be recorded on a lower then the highest quality setting. The file size is a bit low also. Same goes for the replays for group 4. I downloaded 2 version and one version(Simon Trendell's) is 150% the file size of the other. This replay looks much smoother.

Also like others are saying. The server replays should be best to use for movies lagg is at it's minimum.

My game was running max everything inc aliasing on lv6 during the event, looked weird though so it'll be reduced to lv3 again from now on.

My game was running max everything inc aliasing on lv6 during the event, looked weird though so it'll be reduced to lv3 again from now on.

Hey Simon, strange that that high level of AA made your game look weird :S Anyways these settings have nothing to do with the replay quality though. Replay quality is set in game options. I think it has to do with the amount of data that is being recorded. Yours was set to the highest quality so it looked smooth...

I know there was a problem with all the ISI engined games with choosing higher than level 4 AA... it used to make things look worse. Not sure if there is still the problem, but ive always just run level 4 to be on the safe side.

one good one - one didn't happen

arrived well on time and straight away noticed some problems with lag for at least three people out there. Then four guys disappeared towards the end of quali ... 21 in lineup, me 19th.

race1: got through the melee at start moved up to 10th, then had three bad moves on Ping Pong, Steve E. and Ken, sorry folks, it's just so f... late, once I had them get back their positions I had settled into 12th and had a nice if somewhat uneventful race.

between race1 and race2 Dean Rautenbach left/was left/ had to leave the server that looked like trouble ...

race2: alone on the grid, did two laps anyway with lots of chatter "where art thou?" "can't see a thing" "keep driving" etc. after two laps decided it wouldn't come back to life and pressed esc. went into watch mode and so eight guys still out there, actually visible to each other and having a nice race. grrrrrrrrrrr

i then joined an open server and after about five minutes knew why even a twisted session like the one i just had is better than any open server.

thx Warren and crew for putting this up, see you at Zandee.

I hope not... or i won't even bother to pre qualify with those cutting rules. Cant stand them.

Anderstorp is a great track with lots of overtaking opportunities - ive been looking forward to racing it for ages :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back