2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Jose Cesar

Qualy - 10th

1rst Race (finished 13th) - A quite dificult day for me, i felt my cay so dificult to control. The biggest problem was with my wheel, double shifts very very often. A quite nice start, i was at 8th place (i think), then as i said i droped few more places because of my wheel and the car wasn't well setted. Get a touch by Xose, went out a little bit to the sand, but it wasn't his fault, i was having problem so i was having a strange car control, Xose was clearly faster than me. Later i was slightly hitted by someone from the back (sorry can't remember who- orange car i think), he was very gentleman and vair, he waited me to return to the track first, THANKS. Touches happen lol...

2nd Race (finishe last) - Engine failed in the T1 of 2nd lap. It was because of my wheel double shifting problem. Supposed to me make the corner with 4th gear, but doubble shifted to 3rd. Engine failed. Happens :)

Overall: It was a very nice and clean race......... Thanks guys

Qualify: 17th with a 1.41.4

Race 1: This was a good race, had some nice battles and finished 14th.

Race 2: Had a brilliant start, was I think 8th when I went in to t1, Then was hit from the back, and fell back to pos 18.
Managed to get some places, to p14, when I was hit again, and that put me back to last position.
Then tried to overtake gregory. I was next to him, and he pushed me further and further to the left. I could have braked, but when I realized that I was already pushed on grass and lost control, and took him off into the grass.
(sorry for that, although I think it was not completely my fault)

Thanks to all for racing, and a very well done to greger, who won both races.

Quali: Decided to sit out the first part of the session to watch the pace setters closely, which has given me a few new ideas to try out. Set only 2 flyers which put me 12th, sadly couldnt hook up the perfect lap as i kept cocking up last sector.

Race1: Got a decent start to only loose one position to a BMW but got two positions back and was up into 11th by the end of the opening lap. From there any gains on the guys in front were small due to the competitivness of group 1. Sat behind David J for a while and eventually had a chance to pass which sadly resulted in small contact between us. In 7th, i looked up the road to see Attila battling with someone three seconds ahead of me. With 3 laps or so left, and the car felt pretty good I tried to catch them both up, but the race was a few laps too short.

Race2: Starting 2nd thanks to reverse grids, was quite hopefull as i noticed i was matching the race1's winner's pace towards the end of the race, so was aiming for a top 3 finish. Sadly my race ended before it really bagan, got a small nudge at turn 1 and was into the gravel. Thankfully i didnt get to badly beaten up as i was sideways in front of 20 odd cars but i fell back to nearly dead last. Towards the end of the opening lap my poor car recieved another, much larger nudge, which cost me even more positions. No hard feelings to those involved its racing and these things happen. Think i ended up climbing back to 12th by the end.

Was 6th in the champ but round 4 is likely to cost me points to the rest :|

Thanks to all those involved at RD

Ollie W.

? On GPCOS it says's Saturday 22.00?
So I hope I can still tomorrow.

UPDATE:
Ok I understand.. Sunday is for noobz :)

at the pace i managed to get in my wonderful 12 laps I think being a "Sunday Driver" sums me up quite well :)

...must make sure not on call for next quali event (not that i'm likely to quali, but getting more than 12 laps in will surely help!) :D

• Frederic Dubois

Frederic Dubois

Qualify very bad, 21ème / 22 .......

Race 1 finish 8ème
Race 2 finish 2ème

Good result for me, driver very fair play thx.

Sorry my bad english :)

I have had this messages also in the past with both the RSC and the RaceDepartment versions of GPCos.

As a responsible pipo for this part of service I unfortunately have not yet got the time to look into it.

Its on my future things to do list, but no priority yet. I am also sure the system works good apart from this. So for the moment, just ignore the error message and continue :)

Very sorry to have pushed Robert Crone in T1 in Lap7 Race 2.

I brake as usual but still had pushed Robert Crone, very very sorry.
I should brake little bit earlier.

Very very sorry.

I don't mind now Pirro :) Things like that happen, oh well, just got to deal with it. It just gets on my nerves sometimes, had a very good 2nd race and had a top 10 finish in mind on the track I don't like, and that you get off by someone else his mistake. No worries - It happens.

Next race is Zandvoort.. and boy, am I motivated to put a good result there! Home race ! :D

20 GMT / 22 CET the official 30 min practise starts.

We will try out a new method in this event, to prevent people not being able to join the server in closed qualy.

We will start up the server 3 hours before the actual official practise start, with Practise 1 session set for 3 hours, and then Practise 2 with 30 min, and qualy, and so on.

So, on the servers no any voting is allowed, it will go automatically according to the scheduled timing, and everybody will be able to join whenever they want.

There willbe 2 servers for tonight, first comes first served bases, any non-qualifiers are allowed to join any of the 2 servers.

qualy - i not even came close to my prequaly times so i finished 18th

race 1
got a not so good start at turn 2 there was some trubble while trying to avoid it i got a hit on my back
on way down to turn 3 i was expecting someone inside of me but could not realy see the car so i decide to run a bit wide on turn 3 :( not wide enough as it turns out
stuck in the sand i saw the whole field pass me
with the weel now 10 degree off set it was a nightmare to finish the next 12 1/2 laps
but at least i finished the race on place 24

race 2
got a bit better start as in race 1 but realy not much better aiming for the outside line of turn 1 i hat a alfa infront of me.
suddenly the alfa was gone i thing it was a big lag next i know was the alfa hits me from behind and we both sit in the sand verry confusing car dident feel well after
could still gain some places cuz of errors other did
and lost it in the 2nd last lap on the last turn so 23 th of 24

a weekend i better vorget realy fast i dont have the replays to check back cuz they are not safed :( dont know why
hope to get a 2nd change in this league to race in group 4 but looking on the future tracks the changes i will make it are more then small

• Rodolphe Morin

Hello max and Mathieu .
On the circuits, I could not never be in front of you but, attention, I know well Sigourney Weaver and she does not like too the aliens. ;-)
18892910.jpg

Welcome !

• Stirb Iuliu

Stirb, I'm not sure I understand fully??

Hello Warren!

I've miss-understood the scheduled time for the race.
It was CET time, not GMT as I thought it was.

I've joined at 9:35 CET, 8:35 GMT, 11:35 my local time. I was sure it's 1 h 35 min before official race but I was wrong. I was not able to enter the server the next 25 min. official qualifying.

Hello Warren!

I've miss-understood the scheduled time for the race.
It was CET time, not GMT as I thought it was.

I've joined at 9:35 CET, 8:35 GMT, 11:35 my local time. I was sure it's 1 h 35 min before official race but I was wrong. I was not able to enter the server the next 25 min. official qualifying.

Bugger, you missed out by 5 mins.
Well hopefully you won't get caught again. You must join before Qualy starts.
Always check the Format and Schedule Docs before each race, just in case it ever changes. Unlikely, but just in case something happens when the European daylight saving time stops again.

Bad bad bad!! SHAME!!

Have been watching the replays for group 1 now. It's sad!! SHAME!!
What can one say? Think I should have been in group 1 from the beginning since there are several serious cutting drivers in T1. The league regulations paragraph 51 states clearly about the grass. There was an exception at this track in T1, but the rule about the grass was still to go. Making excuses for no time gaining...doesn't matter but they should do.
One driver i gr.1 was cutting a total of 31 times!!! 11 times in race 1, 9 times in race 2 and the others during qualification. Another had a total of 21 cut. 6 times race 1, 7 times race 2. I will soon file a report about this and really, think this is a call for disqualification!!!
Think there always be drivers stretching the rules a bit, but in this case it's consistent.
Bad bad BAD behaviour!!

During qualification I counted 14 different drivers cutting more or less.
Race 1: 9 drivers.
Race 2: 13 drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back