2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualy: Did a great lap near the end of the session - 1:42.0xx. Got 6th on the grid.

Race 1: Got a great start thanks to the BMW's rear wheel drive and ended up in 2nd going into the first corner. I took my usual line and managed to hold this position for about a lap. Robert managed to get past me and also a Seat (cant remember who) got past so i dropped back to 4th. I then pushed the car hard throughout the race in order to keep up with the cars infront. I managed to get into 3rd place as the person infront went wide, and touched the grass allowing me to drive down the inside.I then caught up with Robert slowly until we got onto the last few laps. I was now close to Robert, and it seemed he was struggling with his car so i was able to outbrake him and got past. I then held 2nd until the end.

Race 2: This had me a little worried at the start as i knew that i would have to get a great start or i may end up getting blocked in at the first corner. I got a decent start, but ended up on the inside so i had to back off a bit in order to take the corner properly. I made it round in 6th and followed Marco Ho into turn 2. Marco then tapped the back of Marcin Skrzypczak and he spun off. This promoted me up 1 place and then i chased Marco for a few laps. I made a move down the inside into turn 2 but i lost the back end on the brakes a bit and slid into Marco. This didn't cost any of us time, but moved me up into 4th. I then caught up with Jacco and we had a few close laps until i tried to outbrake him into the tight right hand hairpin. I hit him in the back slightly so he spun about 90 deg. Sorry about that... not sure if i was trying the impossible or if you didn't quite see me... probably a bit of both :). I then carried on and was now in 3rd place, however i started to make some mistakes and everyone caught back up. Marco passed me and then i made a couple more mistakes while chasing him which let Robert catch up. I did manage to get back past Marco and pulled away a little but then i went to change from 4th to 3rd, but instead my G25 decided it would go from 4th to 1st despite the fact im using a sequential! This put me back into 5th with Jamie right behind me. Jamie chased me hard for the last few laps and managed to get past. Not sure if he tapped me when i went sideways, but it didn't cost us anything anyway. I then held onto 6th place for the last lap.

2 very close races... really enjoyed it :)

Not the best introduction to the League for me unfortunately.

Qualified ok at P9.
Both races were virtually over by turn 2 of lap 1.
Race 1, I was hit from behind entering turn 2, sending me to hopelessly last. Finished P20.
Race 2 I got caught up in the aftermath of Karl's accident, and after hitting his prone car and dropping to 2nd last, the steering was wrecked and the car was a nightmare for the whole race.
Finished P18.

Definitely one to forget.

Not too happy, not too unhappy.

I was always expecting it to be a bit cramped in the race - as our times from pre-qual were way too close.

Quali - managed to pull a 42.5 out of the bag.

Race one - had some fun. Took some knocks - had some hard racing.

Race two - had some more fun. Took some knocks - had some hard and fast racing. :brancard::thumb:

• Pirro Chun

Very sorry to have pushed Robert Crone in T1 in Lap7 Race 2.

I brake as usual but still had pushed Robert Crone, very very sorry.
I should brake little bit earlier.

Very very sorry.

• Jacek Kozlowski

Firs of all i change my g25 settings just before the race and that didnt help me at all.Quali ended at 14th place so was pretty hapy with this.
RACE1-started not bad ,manage to keep 14th pos. untill turn nr.7 i think (lap 1) where i was hit by someone(ill watch replay) and went down to place nr 22 that was preety sad.Then beacouse some drivers bad luck,less my good driving,finished 16th but all the time felt presure from Karl Westman BMW.

RACE2-this one was little worst for me.Ive got stuck between I.Petersson(behind me,he had lots of chanses to pass me beacouse of my mistakes) and W.Dawes.On lap 8 **** happend,on last turn i was very close to Warren but couldnt (my lack of experience) get good position to overtake (probably should not try this on this turn) and hit back of his car prrety hard (waited until he get back to the track).im really SORRY for that Warren,i know You lost at least 2places.Then till the end there was nothing really going on ,except more my mistakes.I finished on 20th place.
Overall i just started my adventure with simracing about 4months ago so still have lot to learn.that was my first race for points.GRATS for the winners.It was pleasure racing with You guyes.
Jacek Kozlowski

• Jacek Kozlowski

Had a good first race iv the back where my spot is :) , second was a little more fun had a good fight with Kowlaski sorry for the misspel , after all a good racenight.
Thx to all you racers
KOWALSKI LOL no problem Ingemar

.On lap 8 **** happend,on last turn i was very close to Warren but couldnt (my lack of experience) get good position to overtake (probably should not try this on this turn) and hit back of his car prrety hard (waited until he get back to the track).im really SORY for that Warren,i know

Don't worry about it mate, by this stage my car was handling so badly, I just wanted to finish the race and was probably braking too early.

Race 1:
i see in front of very close and fast,i stay on pos 9,wait for long time,and me think,must have car no tire,so,i get No'4,but,if in front of car no mistake,i can not pos 4 on race 1,
race 1 my idea is wait,......because i not fast in front of car,
Race 2:
..............race 2 start,i see behind the car very fast,but,in front of car have Accident,
so,i to slow the car,but,out of the track,to 19,very no feel,finish is 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back