2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pre-qual : my best one so far, places 33th

Qualif: was 9th on the grip which wasn't too bad since it was a tigh grid ( 14th drivers in the same second )

Race 1: had a good start off the grid but a T1 one i lost it under braking trying to avoid touching anybody which have result spinning me and hitting Simon, sorry for that man i probably ruined your race, totally my fault. got back in 15th place and started to get my way back up the field. in the next chicane i hit Jacek at the exit which made him loose a bit control of the car, sorry mate again totally my fault a bit too agressive on the gas pedal. after the first lap due to many off track from several other i was 10th and watching the 9th and 8th place battling for a few laps. i was waiting for an error to past them which happen at the second chicane and past one there and past the other on the straight after lesmo 2. from there i was able to catch Jacco which was in 7th and pass him under braking at the end of the start/finish straight. best race so far in the league.

race2: started second on the grid and had a good start. p1 at the first chicane woohooooooo with Jacco behind me. i was able to stay an average of .500 in front of him without pushing too hard. after a few laps Jacco got pass by Gary which caught up with me very fast. i was feeling the pressure and a the exit of parabolica i pushed too hard and caught the grass which spun me, from there it got worse and made some other mistake. finished 15th.

overall finish 9th which is very good.

• Stirb Iuliu

If you don't finish the league, I won't finish the league. I suggest we go together on Macau and race like man, only girls report...

Qualify P3

Race 1: Atomic start and P1 after first chicane. I lead whole race with fastest lap 1:58:9 and advantage 1 sek from P2 C.Haba. Unfortunely on last lap i cut chicane and got stop&go for this. On final straight i went to box and finish in P7.
SHAME SHAME SHAME

Race 2: Weak start, almost spin in T1,almost spin in T2, both times someone parked on my rear. After this accidents i lost concentration and make 2 mistakes- I get down to P15. Finally i finish in P5 after hard work race.

Patrick Leung please read this:

When defending on a straight, the defending driver may change the race line he
chose out the exit of the previous corner ONLY ONCE PER STRAIGHT. However this changing
of the race line must not force the overtaking driver to brake or move off the track. If
these conditions are respected the defence on the straight is clean.

RACEDEPARTMENT League Regulations © Yoeri Gijsen 2008

First, congratulations to the winners and podium guys.:thumb:

Race 1 - On lap 2 I owe an apology to Chris for sticking the nose of my car in too far going into Ascari. Fortunately, he was able to recover and not lose any places. It was unintentional on my part as I was concerned about cars behind me and carried too much momentum into the turn and then got too close to the rear of his car. To avoid touching I went down to the inside left which caused a problem for him when he turned in. Wasn't attempting a pass, just trying to avoid contact... On lap 6 or 7 Andreas must have gone into the gravel at Ascari and re-entered the track because his speed was still slow. I didn't realize he wasn't up to speed until too late. I swerved to the right to miss him and went into the wall, but think I just nicked him. Think I had suspension damage, but ended up finishing in P14

Race 2 - On the start someone either came into T1 too hot or missed their braking point because I got hit from behind which lifted my car in the air and spun me around backwards. In the process I think I hit Chris again, but there wasn't anything I could do as I was just a passenger at that point. Think I started back up in P21 and it was really a matter of perseverance at that point. Got nicked in the rear on L4 and ended up going through T1 backwards again. More perseverance until the end working my way up. Not really sure what my final position was as I thought it was P10 at the end of the race, but the replay appeared to show P14.

Thanks for the race guys.

• Paddy Cummins

What is the problem with the address absences@racedepartment.com? I sent an email about the absence but the gmail delivery report said it failed to send. I don't understand, unless there is an alternative address.

• Jacek Kozlowski

CHristopher i tryed what You sugested but not working for me.
I can open GPCOS but i see Anderstrop as a last updated round.

....I alsow cant send a incident report and there is just 48hours to do that

Ill wait till tommorow and hope its gonna be fixed

• Jacek Kozlowski

No problem Yves,its just normal race incident i know You are fair play driver -as its not first race with You:)

• Gabor Feher

Stirb, read Marcin's post about defending. Your YT video is .... HAHAHA .
n1 !

• Michael Sharpe

great races in Monza G4 :)

Qualifying: got 13th place with a decent lap, pre-quali time would have got me 7th/8th I think...

Race1: I had an ok start and was careful in the opening laps to not get any silly warnings for cutting. I was able to move up to 9th as other guys went off, and I stayed in this place for most of the race. Theo passed me at one point then spun across the 2nd chicane apex next lap so I had to cut to avoid him, luckily only a warning for this. I was always close to the big fight between 4th-8th without being close enough to challenge them. On the last lap I made a mistake at 2nd chicane which cost me time, as one guy went off at Parabolica later and came on just ahead, if I was closer I could have got 8th.

Race2: again an ok start, I was around 9th in the early laps, but I started to fall back a bit (down to 12th) as I was being very careful to avoid cut warnings. Later in the race I could push more and I moved up as other guys had some incidents (a Honda and BMW crashed on the straight in front at one point) so I was able to move to 7th place, not far behind Theo who was 5th.

got to say big welldone to all G4 racers, no big incidents on lap1 of both races, and hardly any cutting stopngos which I was hoping others would get :wink: excellent job from everyone :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Where are you racing next?

• iRacing

Votes: 49 13.4%
  • LFM

Votes: 28 7.7%
  • SimGrid

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • SimRacing.GP

Votes: 2 0.5%