2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Qual 23th at the grid, not what I had in my mind.

Race 1: Something happened to my picture I didnt see it clear. At the grid it seem that we had at BUG. In pole (Mark) it was another car without driver. When the start going off it been some incedents.

I gained 1 place at the start and in T3 I gained 5 spots when drivers were involved in incedents. I took 1 more place when Yunck visit the gravel in next turn and further one spot in follower turn.

At lap 2 Chau blowed his engine so up one more place for me 14th now. I had a gap up to they infront of me and behind Noble and Jacco hunted me.

Noble did a great overtake at me in T1 lap 3 and in lap 4 Jacco and I gained 2 spots each when an incedent with 2 drivers happened infront and visited the gravel. Later in the same lap Simon was off track and we go up one more place now in 11th place.

At lap 7 my "tail" Jacco overtook me when I missed little and Terry was hunted me from behind. Terry utilized last turn at lap 9 and overtook me in a great way. I hunted Terry to the finishline and from behind Emmons finished close at me.

Race 2: A short report of it, now my picture was worse than the first race and I had big problems with gearing up and down. I tried hard in the beging in the race but I had hard time to handle the car so I must slow down my pace.

Sadly I saw a driver behave very very bad at the track and this driver race in real life. I think we not need to se him in this league no more....

Grats to the podium drivers

cu next time cheers Kent

Ok, here's my version:

Qualified 13th.
Race 1:
At Keith Peppiat, very sorry, I was the idiot in the first corner. As you said you kept position, I dropped to neutral and was losing precious positions when regaining speed on the straight leaving me in 15th pos. After some evasive manoeuvres I got pos 11 and started chasing T. Lee with Mirlaud (equal points in WTCC standing) in my mirrors.
Mirlaud disappears but Lee doesn't. He was busy fighting Fernando so I could hang on. My god, my heart was pounding all over the place looking for places to overtake Lee. Sometimes it didn't work out, sometimes it did! As I say sometimes, it means he was able to regain my eagerly conquered position. Our high speed battle brought us to position 7-8. Fighting this hard caused the tyres to stop existing way to soon and eventually in lap 12 all goes wrong. in T6 I go off track, and if you want to do something good, you might want to try it twice...Lap 13 T4 I slip off the carousel. Finally ended 13th

Race 2:
A lousy start (pos 13) with lots of smoke made me lose 2 positions. I kept a good line in T1 so the damage was under control at the moment. Again some evasive actions in T1 and then it goes very quick. In a few seconds I gained another 3 positions. In T4 I saw something go very wrong in my rear mirrors. I didn't feel anything and checked replays to be sure it wasn't my fault, it was shocking to see all cars go sideways in the first carousel.
Meanwhile I was 'chasing' Tremblay at a 4 sec distance which I couldn't catch, now in position 7. Then there is Jens chasing & attacking me for a couple of rounds. He disappeared at the end of lap 7. Thrilled by the safe distance I had with the next car I got off track in lap 8 myself (T8 I believe) but manage to get back on just before Moreiro in position 8 arrives & I build up a safe distance with him at 2-3sec. Somewhere I gained another position and ended up 6th.

Very nice races guys, especially race 1 with T. Lee was incredible!

Pics will be uploaded soon

[Pics] Anderstorp Group 3

Race1:
T2 Entrance after the straight with cold tyres and +/-40kg fuel:
AnderstorpG3R2-T1.JPG
T2 the result of pic1
AnderstorpG3R2-T1b.JPG
The following pics are fights where I was in the neighborhood:
AnderstorpG3R2-TLee-a.JPG
AnderstorpG3R2-TLee-b.JPG
AnderstorpG3R2-TLee-c.JPG
AnderstorpG3R2-TLee-d.JPG

Qualified 4th but times were very close between top ten!

Got two bad starts but had some fantastic racing with Karl, Nils, Fernando and co. Finished 5th first race but my tyres were destroyed after about 9 laps so decided to try and drive a bit smoother in the second race, this paid off and with 3 laps to go I was 3rd just behind Nils and Fernando with Karl on my tail but I went off track near the end of the lap ending my race ( note to self: don't look away from the screen while approaching a corner:rolleyes: ) Grats to Fernando and Karl both races from my view were very clean and fair, see you all next time :thumb:

• Chris Noble

Filed the incident reports for last night.

Jacek Kozlowski and Mark Apat were stuck together on the grid which resulted into the massive pile up as Jacek was on P1 spot as well as mark instead of his P14 spot where he should have been. He was present in quali so dont know why the game didnt put him on the right spot.

Still have to wonder why the car behind did not swerve out of the way to avoid hitting the stationery car! its not that an uncommon thing for someone to get bogged down or stall at the start (probably uncommon in race sims may be lol)

I have reported the incident between you and me Gary, but I do not believe anything will come of it as its for 1 point and wouldnt affect the championship. Also I willingly gave you the place back and looking at the rules there is no requirement for me to have done this for you. (It is a race club rule, not league - hence penalties and incident reporting).

Found this too:
67. When defending on the outside of a corner (with the overtaking car on the inside)
the defending driver must respect the overtaking car’s presence, but is allowed to keep
to his regular racing line, regardless of the overtaking car, until the overtaking car has
moved about halfway past the defending car. In the latter case the defending driver has
to grant the overtaking car enough space to make it through the corner and has to take a
wider race line. If these conditions are respected the defence is clean.

But not to worry, the incident between Nigel and Thomas was much worse and hope it gets looked at.

Thanks for the races last night!

• Jacek Kozlowski

Filed the incident reports for last night.

Jacek Kozlowski and Mark Apat were stuck together on the grid which resulted into the massive pile up as Jacek was on P1 spot as well as mark instead of his P14 spot where he should have been. He was present in quali so dont know why the game didnt put him on the right spot.

Still have to wonder why the car behind did not swerve out of the way to avoid hitting the stationery car! its not that an uncommon thing for someone to get bogged down or stall at the start (probably uncommon in race sims may

So i was stuck with Mark car.(sorry Chau i thought it was You)Im not good with technical stuff but i hope that this wont happen again as it ruined my and few other people race,someone said that it might be game bug,i think it was as happend to me first time and i didnt have connection problem when racing on public serwers and second race everything was ok.I just know that some other guyes had lags too,this is very anoying as You get prepered to race for some time and than such thing happen....

Hi all,

*Qualy: 7th with 1:36.483.
I improved my time by aspiration of Rami......lol Thank you.

*Race 1: 7th.
Good start.
Very quickly, I 'm in fifth position behind Nevermind.
After five laps, I could not stay behind him.Oliver(6th) and Gio(7th)were closing more and more.I did not try to resist.They were faster than me.
7th with 6 secondes on Frederico,I could achieve my end of race.

*Race 2: 14th.
Good start.I'm 2nd.
Cristian Haba touch me and Gio.My hopes disappear..............lol
I am leaving far behind.
I finished the race in fourteenth position.

*Videos Race 1 and 2:
---------------------
RD 08 Wtcc - Anderstorp - Group 1 - Race 1
RD 08 Wtcc - Anderstorp - Group 1 - Race 2

Today, it is not my day.I made a big fall with my mountain bike.But I have a hard head.....lol

• Rodolphe Morin

Hi,
My cousin celebrated the toothed rack of his new house. I had taken along my PC at his place, not to miss the race.:car:

I qualify myself 21st with a time that I did not find too bad in spite of a very festive environment my dimensioned. This race was good for me. I managed well the tires and I could gain some places for the end of 17 in the 1st race and 15th (or 14) in 2nd. I have to make a little touch has somebody in Seat but I hope that he will not want me because, he zigzaged from left to right. Afflicted.:doh:
Cheer has all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Where are you racing next?

• iRacing

Votes: 36 14.8%
  • LFM

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • SimGrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SimRacing.GP