2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Keith Peppiat, verry sorry, I was the idiot in the first corner. As you said you kept position, I dropped to neutral and was losing precious positions when regaining speed on the straight leaving me in 15 th pos.

Ney probs Kris - it bunched up as expecting in T1 and it was just a wee tap. it was the start however of my nightmare first lap though :)

Congratulations to Gary and Marco for their wins and also to Gary again for the weekend win.

Qualified 8th, which I didn't feel too badly about because the car handling seemed to change between pre-qual and race day. Fortunately, I was able to sort out some of the issue during practice...

Race 1 - The start was a little weird as it seems that Jacek and Mark's cars were stuck together. Jari came across the track in front of me also and Thomas sideways forcing me towards the wall. Think I ended up in P14 by T2. Chau tapped me on the left rear under braking in Startkurvan and sent me into the gravel. Noticed that my left rear brake light never worked after that... I couldn't have braked any later otherwise I would have been into Julien in front of me. This was unfortunate because I think this also set off a chain reaction behind me where several people went off. I re-entered in P21 and worked my way up to P14 when I passed Lasse on lap 10 chaing Kent.

Race 2 - Started P14. It looked like Kent got a bad start and I ended up P13 by T2. Got a couple of taps leading to some off-course excursions in the left hander after Karusell over several laps, but no real harm was done. It was my weakest and most worrisome corner on the circuit and I couldn't get it dialed out during practice. Not sure what happened to Yves, maybe car trouble, because I had an easy pass on Flight Straight. After that Simon Jorge Sanchez and I had a good dice for several laps and I was finally able to pass him for P10. Later I caught up with Jacco, but he was lagging some so I decided not take a chance of ruining both our races and finished the race up in P10.

Thanks for the race guys! Two more to go. See you at Monza.:)

Bit disappointed of my results.

1st race I tapped Attila off. I breaked a bit later than Attila and I hit his back which send him off to the gravel. I apologize, very sorry mate. I waited to let him and almost the rest of the field pass by. 2nd incident was allready mentioned by my fellow-mate-in-bad-luck, Mtommi Tam. Somebody in a BMW went into a spin in the last long rightbend and me and Mtoomi chose to pass him on the left only to find out we were suddenly on the grass and had nowhere else but to go but to the pit. Lost a lot of time there, so went on to finish 20 ? In front of Mtommi, which surprised me ????

2nd race was one to forget. Very frustating. I had a nice start and was making slow progress. IIn lap 3 I was bumped off at the last corner and lost a positon there to become 19th. Then worked my way up to 15th, having a nice battle with Rodolphe Morin. And then lightning struck on my PC, well not lightning but Videodisplaydrivercrash struck, aaargh. Screen froze for almost 5 minutes, and then displaying that driver has crashed. Screen switch to Windows at a 320 X 200 16 color resolution. Bullocks !!

Was surprised I was still classified as 23th

Hope to do better next race, and hope the freezing will be solved.

P.S. Rodolphe, hope my freezing car didn't scare you off and causing u to miss that breaking point. If so, I apologize :)

No problem Danny, i appreciate the way you waited for me, and accidents always happens in racing.

Just a short note, i will not finish the League, mainly not because of the races yesterday, although it was disappointing to see as my lead in points disappears in few seconds, but i am burned out of racing, i do not find enjoyment in it, and like this i do not see motivation to continue.

All the best guys, c u, and have fun races, i am sure you will find a lot of enjoyment in online racing, it was my life for several years, now i need to move on to find some new challenges in life.

I will still browse around on the forum occasionally to keep contact with the friends i had here for years now, but i will not race in the near future for sure, who knows what the future will bring.

Take care guys.

Atti

for my first race it was not to bad :)
Im still driving with my keyboard, but this week my steer will arrive.
Both races I ended at the back
5th and 6th.

I tried to keep a clear line without hitting other cars, that worked.
So everybody in group 4, sorry for my slow driving

Yeah, Race 1 was really exciting Thomas. I don't think I made to agressive moves, but sometimes I had some problems with minor lag with your car. When checking the replays from your point of view, I was the one with (from time to time) minor lag. I'll lower the graphics settings to avoid this in the future.
Anyway, there were several moments I was screaming from excitement when you got next to me in T6 but I kept the insideline for T7, this happened 2 or 3 times (see last pic race 1). Real close but no scraping, fantastic racing!

No problem Danny, i appreciate the way you waited for me, and accidents always happens in racing.

Just a short note, i will not finish the League, mainly not because of the races yesterday, although it was disappointing to see as my lead in points disappears in few seconds, but i am burned out of racing, i do not find enjoyment in it, and like this i do not see motivation to continue.

All the best guys, c u, and have fun races, i am sure you will find a lot of enjoyment in online racing, it was my life for several years, now i need to move on to find some new challenges in life.

I will still browse around on the forum occasionally to keep contact with the friends i had here for years now, but i will not race in the near future for sure, who knows what the future will bring.

Take care guys.

Atti
oh no,is bad news

Lol Mtommi,

I raced several times at Anderstorp, and I allready saw someone doing exactly the same thing, and I remembered thinking at that time : what a sucker haha... and now the same thing happened to me :becky:

Looking back at that moment on the replay, I made a bad decision, and I shoud have passed the beemer on the right side. But I guess I was thinking the same thing as you, Mtommi

C u at the next race :thumb:

PS : @ Sébastien Degraeve : nice movies :thumb:

Yeah, Race 1 was really exciting Thomas. I don't think I made to agressive moves, but sometimes I had some problems with minor lag with your car. When checking the replays from your point of view, I was the one with (from time to time) minor lag. I'll lower the graphics settings to avoid this in the future.
Anyway, there were several moments I was screaming from excitement when you got next to me in T6 but I kept the insideline for T7, this happened 2 or 3 times (see last pic race 1). Real close but no scraping, fantastic racing!

Off-topic but did anyone else have a lag issue with me?

My replays from this pair of races are unusually jerky (the race was smooth), only a fraction but it is noticeable. I wonder if lag has caused it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Where are you racing next?

• iRacing

Votes: 36 14.8%
  • LFM

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • SimGrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SimRacing.GP

Votes: 2 0.8%