2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://forum.racedepartment.com/wtcc-news/4024-how-report-your-absence.html
This is the link you send an email with your race 07 name and forum name.
Have a good race 2morrow keith try to win :)

Thanks so much for that, I wouldve searched but ive been preparing my equipment for tomorrow. Gotta leave at 4:30am to get to the track.

I hope I am not penalized for being beyond the 24hr.

I really want to race in the next event, and run with the big boys.

Traumatic I guess you got your wish. Good luck tomorrow in G1

Keith Barrick

Problems with my connection

I was very happy that my internet connection has been back up since Wednesday but it is giving me a lot of problems. It was stable for little over 1 day but now it is disconnecting a lot some time within the minute. I know it way passed the time to send an absence email. But there is a big chance that my connection won't let me finish a race or even get me through quali.

Given the scenario described above what should I do? I really want to race but if my connection keeps dropping during the practice or quali sessions I am probably not entering the race. Is it even possible to join when loosing connection during quali?

Please try to join us, of course since you qualified you are getting the spot kept for you to race as well.

In the unfortunate situation if your connection fails during qualy or race, we will not be able to do anything sadly, qualification is also closed one.

My goal for this race is to stay out of trouble and on the track as long as possible . It's my 1st qualification ever and i know I will do mistakes because I'm still totally nervous having other cars around me.
Sure I try to avoid any contacts with other cars but if I can't please forgive me.
Good luck to every one and have a nice time!

This whole 'Bram's Secret' is my fault; it's a tip I got passed on to me by Bram on TS at Istanbul that I passed on to Chris on TS during the Monza beta test race; but Bram got the tip from elsewhere. I can't remember who first came up with it.

It doesn't really work on the Leon, but in some of the longer wheelbase FWD cars (especially the Toledo) it works a treat - Set the diff to 40% power, 40% coast, and 4 preload, then set the brake bias quite far back, say ~53:47, and you may find that you can be super super confident on the stoppers.

I first tested this during the Okayama FD, in the Toledo, and with a compliment of other setup factors, I was quite comfortably outbraking pretty much everything.

Hopefully Bram can chime in and remind me who originally came up with this little trick so I can give the appropriate credit.

It's still a little amazing...people really doesn't read the briefing before every race? Crystal clear how to do in case of absence?

Well...feels great to be in group 1 again!! Improved my lap time by 0.07s the last hour I think and that was the difference for me :)

And for the first time my teammate Kent is here to join in group 1 for the first time! GREAT Kent!!

• Chris Noble

Been on the practice server and managed a 1:35.00 and my best was 1:34.844 on the pre-quali, not such a big gap this time around.

Everyone going to be doing 1:34's you think?

I'm still a little bit starry eyed at the prospect of being in the Pro-Celebrity heights of G1 :thumb:,glad to have some familiar names around like Mikael and Kent,guys i know i can have good clean racing with from our previous G2 races,also glad to see Ben getting a late shout up to G1 as well,looking forward to tonight :D.

It's still a little amazing...people really doesn't read the briefing before every race? Crystal clear how to do in case of absence?

Fully agree with ML here. Every round the race directors are working their butts off to have everything organised for everybody in time and every round the same questions pop up. Very dissappointing and indeed amazing. Just read the forums news section. We cannot make it more clear then it already is. Please Keith and others pay more attention next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back