2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice lap Samuel.

@RD's: Isn't it possible when someone like Samuel is so fair about his lap and did not had the intention to cut (and gaining time with it), could get at least 1 other try?

So if you drive a time and its fast, AND you see you did tough the grass AND letting the RD's know within a curtain time, that your HOTLAP could be excluded from the list so you could try again?

Whit the thing in you mind if you gross the line / though the grass (again) you get a penalty as written in the rules??

I wonder how you guys think about this... :)

~Keep up the Good work~
Maik

Believe me we are doing nothing else then thinking together for the last 14 hours, to find the best solution.... ah, being a Race Director is not easy job if you want to do it with full heart and looking for perfect solutions for everything.

Just have to give my sort of opinion about this one :D

The rules are VERY clear, no doubt. The video is clear enough to show that cut, no doubt. Guess RaceStaff had seen it without the videopost.

But others have pointed out that it might be difficult to feel or see when you drive if there is a cut, YES it is. I've been unsure from time to time and I've tried to play safe and drop that lap unless I was sure I wouldn't beat my best lap. Driving SAFE or not in that chikane is a matter of more than 0.1 sec.

There could of course be one solution if the driver himself report that faulty lap? But I guess that everyone would drive on the very limit and hope it was on the right side and then just watch the replay afterwards.
But if we all cut and then claim that we don't felt or saw anything, then we would have trouble wouldn't we??
Of course one can choose to drive safe or not. Just a matter of how fast you want to be. But if one just have to be in group 1 no matter the cost, one should be prepared for penalties as a part of the game.
Hmm...this will be tricky RaceStaff? And a different topic when I'm already writing. Why do I still see drivers with wrong skin???

By the way...It is a GREAT lap Samuel!! Just another league :D A minor penalty would still make you the top dog :D

My two pennies worth [please don't shout :D].

1). Race Direction are very clear.
2). Race Direction are putting in a huge amount of time to make this fair for all of us.
3). Credit to Samuel - he did not try to hide his cut, he posted it to the forum. This makes me believe he may not have even realised this was a cut.
4). Mis-understanding a rule is the entrants/drivers/teams responsibility - not Race Direction [ignorance of the law is not an excuse for breaking the law etc.].

5). Some of us could cut half the track off and still be slow :D.

Suggestion time [and this is only a suggestions]. Race Direction could possibly make their life easier [so they too can enjoy more and stress less]. If the rule were relaxed to resemble the priniciples in Formula One, there would still be equality for all, the fastest would still be fastest, the rules/law would still be the rules/law, but Race Direction could spend more time racing and organising events, than having to watch hours of replays looking for grass/sand infringements. By relaxing the margin for error [two wheels must remain on track without crossing the unbroken white line that denotes the track boundary].

For the record - it matters not to me either way, as I try not to cut and am not fast enough to ever warrant scrutiny. This is just a suggestion to make the RD's life easier.

Mark.

Guys, it's time for me to play dictator again, I know you are all trying to be helpful, but the RD's need to judge this. Please lets not put anyone through a public trial.
Mark, not a bad suggestion but not sure it would help. We set a new boundary for ok or not ok, everyone pushes that to the limit. and then someone crosses that and we are back where we started again.

Leave it to the RD's please. It's not an easy job (or a popular one) but someone's got to take responsibility. Our overall goal is a fair playing field for all competitors.

breathtaking lap

wow, seriously smooth lines, great lap, as for all the cutting fuss: first guy to post a cut openly, let it pass, next guy will be different. There's a German saying:
Once is like never, twice is once too often!

At the end of the Day its just a bit of fun. Its not like its realistic or there are prizes to be won for coming first. And looking at the facts, it doesnt really matter if Samuel loses the odd tenths here and there he will still be in Group 1 and come Saturday Night those times wont count towards anything.

At the end of the Day its just a bit of fun. Its not like its realistic or there are prizes to be won for coming first. And looking at the facts, it doesnt really matter if Samuel loses the odd tenths here and there he will still be in Group 1 and come Saturday Night those times wont count towards anything.

You are wrong about that Ross this Championship is very serious business :)

Great lap Rami!
Just can't figure out how it's possible to brake that late!?!?! And not only at this track.
I've tried everything now. Adjusting brake balance... the pedal settings..just everything!! Doesn't matter. Slamming the brakes with no throttle...slamming the brakes with just a little throttle. Easy on the brakes on and off with and without throttle. Really doesn't matter at all. If I brake that late as you fast guys I'll visit outer space in no time! :)

Most important thing during braking is to use the engine as well to slow the car down, once you find the good rythm to drop the gears back and keep the revs high but not overkill the engine with it, you will slow down the car more faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back