2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualify:
i think is on pos 7 start,
Race 1:
955 sec,sorry for Danny Pattiwael,i look see wrong ( 100 Registration plates),So,the break is wrong.i try turn,don't want crash your car,but....:(sorry,i think if me not on that time crash you,will be fun on battle,:)

Race 2,
i know me can not fast, so,look see behind is our bro, so,let them for fun,:jumping:

Final:
Great Our bro,and all racing brother:thumb:

See all on next race:thumb:

Mtommi, no problem at all .. so don't worry about it :)
I myself want to apologize to Ben Tusting for that nudge which almost put him out of the corner. Couldn't get enough brakepower there to keep it inline, and you were allready there, so couldn't avoid you. Terrible sorry.

Anyway, tonight things didn't go as I wanted to, cause I had a terrible racepace, struggling with my tyres. After a pretty good qualifying lap, which got me a poleposition, I realised I would struggle in the race, so I did some adjustmets to the setup. Unfortunately they weren't good enough, and after a terribe start of race 1, I went 4th and also lost a place to Adriano Esanto, who steadily pulled away. Mtommi was next who was on my back, and he put a lot of pressure, but he did it fair and square. An unfortunate nudge put me off track, and I carefully recovered but didn't see Mtommi again. Brought it home to 5th.

2nd race, 4th on grid, and the race was a bit hectic at first corner. I got a nudge but managed to recover and was 6th. Had a battle with Ben Tusting, and like I mentioned above, I gave a nudge which put his car off balance. Sorry again mate.
I totally lost it in the 4th corner, and was 9th when recovering, behind Jims Bong. He did an impressive race till the finishline. Good race mate :thumb:
And during that race I also got a lot of pressure of Lu Chan in his Honda, but managed to stay in front of him.

Thanks for the races all. Hope to c u at the next one.

I had to really give it a late push in qual to start 4th,i made a really nice hooked up start and was clean and clear into T1 behind Sol who also made a good start,very early pace felt great and i could close on Sol at some places,and pull a gap to Pirro chasing me,i survived a mid race attack from Pirro,very good hard racing,small bump that is really no problem,Pirro backed off to let me recover and then says sorry,this is the sign of a hard but fair gentleman racer imo,i was looking set for 2nd place when at the start of lap 9 i couldnt slow the car down for T2 and went off,Pirro was through and also the now caught up to us A.Esanto in the chevy,tyre warning greeted me at the start of lap 10 and no chance to fight back,4th finish was a bit disappointing,but still a good result considering the last 2 laps were extremely difficult to keep on the track.
Race 2 was another great start with a nice clean sweep round the outside at T1 up to 3rd,Mtommi Tam clearly wasnt happy with his car early in the race and he gave me a wide open door in to T2,again the race pace felt really good and i decided not to push too crazy too early and still could close on Mikael Larsson in 1st,Pirro again chasing from behind,i found myself being a bit lazy for a couple of laps,and instead of pushing hard for 1st,i seemed to get "hypnotised" by the back of Mikael's car,i snapped myself out of this trance and made some effort to apply pressure and pass,but it was never really on without some silly late dive risking both of us,Mikael drove superb and took a deserved win,i was very happy with 2nd,and more happy with my between race setup tweaks that let me run to finish with almost no tyre problems.
Big Congrats to Sol and Mikael for the wins,and to all the other podium guys,Sol and Pirro especially race one with the team one/two formation finish in those beautifull skins,classy :thumb:.
Many Thanks to all the RD organisers for your time,efforts,and facilities! :alla:

The Downunder report.

Nice to be driving in this again after missing most of the early rounds. However, after my Valencia experience, I was rather apprehensive.
Practice seemed to be going nicely as I was able to run 2.11's comfortably.
Unfortunately, when Qualy started, my times went downhill rapidly, not sure why, but for some reason I had less grip with the same setup. Very strange. Qualified P14 with 2.12.2 ish, so another nervous mid field start.

Race 1. : I had a great race early with Luc in front and Fernando on my tail, trying to patiently find a way past as I kept looking for ways past the car in front. Very clean driving :thumb: . Fernando eventually made a clean pass and this allowed me to settled down and drive to save the tyres. This later paid off as I was able to catch and pass Luc and Andreas in the last two laps and finish P10.

Race 2. : Missed the start as I was looking at my rev gauge instead of the start lights :homer:, so I dropped 4 spots before turn 1. I was then hit from behind by a Seat cutting through the grass :( which pushed me into William, causing him to go wider, sorry mate. Exiting turn 3, I was confronted with 5 cars across the width of the track :eek: , so I was bound to hit one of them, and it was Clive, and then poor Jacco had no chance to avoid me. Somehow, I gave Clive a nice boost ahead, and Jacco managed to bounce past me. After we finally settled down again, I was P13 but the Chevy was damaged and handling a bit nasty now. I spent a few laps chasing my RPM buddy Jacco, but when he slipped past Andreas, I couldn't pull off a similar clean pass and was gobbled up by Jay, who also showed great patience to avoid my badly handling Chevy. :thumb: By lap 9 Jacco's tyres looked to have given up, and as he went wide I slipped inside, but exiting after completing the pass the rear end let go a little, and tapped him a little wider. Sorry Jacco. I then passed Clive, who was admiring the greenery on the side of the track, to finish P12.

A very enjoyable race with some very clean and patient drivers. Very close and safe driving from all those around me, well done. Thank you all, it seemed like a great group to be in. :)

I just want to thank Gary Lennon for his nice and clean driving style in race 2! I never thought I would make it for my first victory! You really gave me a hard time. Hope there will be more opportunities to race that close again. :)

As said before there was a lot of bumping, at least I noticed in race 1.
Thank God, it will be a LOOOOONG time before this track will be on the list again :D

LOL
I think Nikki was driving a good raceline and you saw a little gap and tought that you could make it , And you almost did :)
Just a little race accident nothing more nothing less.
Bad luck for Nikki better luck next time Nikki :)

Nice little movie Rami :)

Guys, I realize that you are responding to a forum post (that is quite frankly out of line), but we have procedures to deal with incidents.
Lets not start a public debate about it, leave it to the Race Directors.

I'll close this thread for now.

I sliped in to group 2 on a banana-shell, when 4 driver not could drive this evening

Qual 13th 2,11,6XX something

Race 1: 13th

I did a good start, but in T2 I braked a little late and almost touch Crone when I steered off to avoid to crasch him, I droped back from 11th to 22th
At the first 2 laps I took me up to 19th.

At lap 4 Paul was lagging infront and gave some drivers a little problem, I was lucky and at this lap I took three places. I could overtake Antoine in lap 5 when he almost lost his car and lost speed now I´m in 15th place. I overtook 2 more and ended up 13th at the finish.

Race 2:Hmm... 13th again looool

Good start but I had no luck in T1 I touched Visser just a little and I spinned off to the grass and droped back last damn
More cars had problem in first turn so I could go back at track in 19th spot. In T3 I overtook Pong and begining to hunt Jari.

I had some good clean fights againt Paul and Jari. sadly Paul did an own mistake and I overtook him. At lap 9 I overtook Ben when he had been wide in the uphill at the end of the lap. I crossed the finishline in 13th place again. so 3* 13 for me this time LOOL.

Grats to my team-8 Mikael who wins the second race.
Crone it was not your fault, I touche Visser and spinned off.

Thx all and cu next time. CHEERS!

I'm not a fan of Brno and after last night that hasn't changed :(

Qualified 11th

First race made an average start and was sitting mid pack around 10th place but someone in a bmw was having massive lag problems in front of me and on lap 2 he disappeared only to reappear in the middle of the next corner, BANG!! Oh dear back to 17th but had a good race Flatland, Deparis etc. it's so competitive if you make any mistake there's no chance of catching back up, I was now hoping for better luck in race 2.

Race 2 didn't really go to plan either, got a better start and went from 16th to 10th but on lap two I again had a coming together this time with Maurice Hurkmans while trying for 9th place, Maurice ran a bit wide, I tried for the inside but it left me on the outside for the next corner, I couldn't see Maurice so I turned in but he caught the back of my car, gravel trap her I come!!! no hard feelings though Maurice , I'll get you back!! ;p lol, I was now in my usual last place and facing a lonely race with myself at the back so I retired gracefully to the pits, grats to Sam and podium, see you all at Estoril.

Noticed after Practice that something went wrong. Checking out some settings and found out my throttle and brake was only 60% when pressing the pedal to the 'plastic' (sensitivity at 50%). Changed the sensitivity to 100% and this gave me 85% throttle and hypernervous brakes. I'm checking what went wrong (DirectX update perhaps) Else I'll have to go out looking for a G25.

Edit: Updated DirectX: All fine now..... :(

I miss race

quali 20 th in 2.12.00 :ambulance::ambulance:

1 race as I took a ball I'm 11 and I ve eme big lagg I'm 16 ja do my race is something acccident and I believe I finished 15 :spammer:

Race 2: good j'essais depart macrocher of forcing a little more about the car I'm ds a group sympathetic but jari and kent double me and I finished the race far as jai change a thing ds my setup and a eat too tires :spammer::spammer:

bof bof I do my race setup during qualifying and I am not too bad fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back