2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came home from work and noticed that I'm currently in P99 ( considering that there's ppl ahead of me who has been DQ) with my 1:48.910

I don't have the energy nor the time to try and improve, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that I'm in for the last places in Gr 4...

[EDIT] I found some energy left in me and joined the Pre-Qual server with about 15 minutes left of the session. Don't know how I did it but I managed to set a new PB of 1:48.580 ! Whoa! I might be in for a Gr 3 race.... schweeeet...

Kind regards,
Karl

Considering that I had 2-3 tenths that I consistently lost in the second and last sector it doesnt feel that bad coming second to the man, great lap by him and no less he did it in just a few laps vs my 100. Pitty looks like we might not see Mathieu. Fingers crossed it looks like team Hamann Motorsport might be racing in G1 bar any late attendees (go Iuliu go :D).

If at all possible I would also like it if there was a single server from RD with race distance Zand setup so we can practice the race pace with actual drivers etc.

I played with my brake bias and managed to get 0.05 off my time, losing 0.2 in the last sector. Spent the last hour trying to repeat the lap without losing the time to no avail. Gutted now I know I had the potential for a faster lap.

The pre qualification in this series is bad for my sanity. Prior to this I raced in a GTR series were a 2 sec of the lap time would mean a drop by 2-3 places on the grid. In this series, the slightest and minute error and loss of 0.1 sec mean you'll drop 15-20 places ... THAT'S CRAZY! :)

Now, I hope I have some whiskey left in the cabinet...
:brancard:
Kind regards,
Kar

The pre qualification in this series is bad for my sanity. Prior to this I raced in a GTR series were a 2 sec of the lap time would mean a drop by 2-3 places on the grid. In this series, the slightest and minute error and loss of 0.1 sec mean you'll drop 15-20 places ... THAT'S CRAZY! :)

Now, I hope I have some whiskey left in the cabinet...
:brancard:
Kind regards,
Kar

Congrats :thumb: -Cheers!

actually make it -2 laps
first time the 2 laps didn't had no time running by some strange reason...
soooOOOOoooo....it's 4 laps.....ouch :)

Not human... Not human at all.

Same tale, two different stories...

I can imagine Greger turning up, stretching, yawning for a minute, scratching his butt, picking some wax from his ear, taking a good look before flicking it and then sighing. He then does one lap, get's out the car, kicks the tyres, says, 'hmmm...that will have to do.' then goes home.

Everyone else then looks at the timing after his one lap and... drops their jaws to the floor for a minute, scratches their heads, sticks their fingers in their ears to stop the ringing sound made by his engine note, sighs and says 'unbe - loody- lieveable!'

:D

What a thrilling Pre Quali section! I wasn't expecting myself to do all that well on this track, but with the help of Gary I was happy to be able remain at Group 3!

Looking at the time in Group 3 (which is once again the closest group of all), it seem like it's going to be a super close racing on Sat. See you all on track!

Sure is nice having the worlds best sim racer Greger Huttu on the league. Its scary that he is so much faster than everyone else ... Wish my local bookmaker would take my bet that he makes a clean sweep and wins all races in league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back