Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Shouldn't it say Component Wear and Part Stability? And by the way this is a nice dilemma.
View attachment 181999
It should... and one day it will... but it's a hassle ATM ;) I'll add it to the list of things I'll do at the very end of the development.

I do like the dilemma though, though we could well argue it's balance ;)

But there are so many good variations on this and other stuff. I'm looking forward to continued work on dilemmas now the mod is updated and pretty stable again.

I've got a *really* slow week at work, so I can give alternative/new part component choices and whatnot a good think over, see if I can come up with something new.

As for teaching you messages, Red, it's really simple and easy to do.

And I confirmed the Resentful issue, I copied the wrong PSG: https://gyazo.com/97f82a5a67e8ce8f78e18a2047870af3

Top one is Offended, bottom is Resentful. If anyone has finished a season, could you please scout the winning drivers to check if they have the championship traits? Need to see if they are coming up correctly.
ill merge the change ready for the next version. May also change the "I remember what you said in the interview" line when you try to negotiate to something more generic, as it's not just interviews which cause it. It's all a fun mechanic and am looking forward to adding more personality trait stings.

:) what other potential is there to send 'flavour' messages to the player....

And I confirmed the Resentful issue, I copied the wrong PSG: https://gyazo.com/97f82a5a67e8ce8f78e18a2047870af3

Top one is Offended, bottom is Resentful.
So changing the PSG to 10011412 should to the trick?

If anyone has finished a season, could you please scout the winning drivers to check if they have the championship traits? Need to see if they are coming up correctly.
I scouted the driver and he didn't have the championship trait. Just Race Winner. He was about to retire but I guess that shouldn't effect the traits.
NO.jpg

I do like the dilemma though, though we could well argue it's balance ;)
Maybe like -0.5 for both (or -1 for wear and -0.5 for heat) instead -1.

If it rolls Race Winner, it prevents the champion trait from spawning, can you check all other winners from all other tiers?

Yes - changing the 3 to a 2 will correct the text.

Everyone else have the champion trait. But it looks like there is a PSG bug in all of them.
View attachment 182047 View attachment 182050 View attachment 182049 View attachment 182048

Alright, I'll have a look into the Frontend stuff, but at least they are spawning. If you continue on, can you see if they get Ex-champion traits if they don't repeat the championship wins?

EDIT: The text is in my Frontend, so Red may have missed them when he merged. https://gyazo.com/a7d4df51c6422394e528d076430784b4

Alright, I'll have a look into the Frontend stuff, but at least they are spawning. If you continue on, can you see if they get Ex-champion traits if they don't repeat the championship wins?

EDIT: The text is in my Frontend, so Red may have missed them when he merged. https://gyazo.com/a7d4df51c6422394e528d076430784b4
I must be using a frontend before you added the newest set of traits. I've got some of your traits in there, but there's a whole bunch I do not. I'll have to merge them again :)

1.31d - Log for upcoming patch
  • Fixed a string error in a Legendary Part.
  • Fixed a dilemma issue which had a missing ; and left the dilemma bascially pointless.
  • Added Brain's other Trait text to the frontend.txt.
  • Corrected the text shown in the Resentful trait.
  • Increased the wear/time changes from being on colder/hotter tyres so the effect is a little more noticable.
  • Fixed an Interview question (default 3) where it would ask you about signing your own driver, when in fact it was talking about another.
  • Fixed a pretty major issue in the Interview System in the .dll where #2DriverRacePosition was actually triggered to be identical to #1DriverRacePosition - resulting in dozen of iquestions being prevented from spawning (and causing a crash in question set 5 when a player won a race). Expect Set 2 and 4 to have a few more variations in the next version now this has been corrected.
E.g., this kind of interview would never spawn:
P7sM9BCB0.png

Last edited:
I'm still facing issues with interviews. Game shuts down after the 4th question. Any others have similar problem?
Did you win that race?

If so then
Fixed a pretty major issue in the Interview System in the .dll where #2DriverRacePosition was actually triggered to be identical to #1DriverRacePosition - resulting in dozen of iquestions being prevented from spawning (and causing a crash in question set 5 when a player won a race). Expect Set 2 and 4 to have a few more variations in the next version now this has been corrected.
Will apply to you, when I upload after a test or two tomorrow.

Patch notes looking good! I will do the revamping of interviews + hopefully some new questions afterwards, but that'll probably miss the patch d, unless you want some of the stuff there for testing?

1.31d - Log for upcoming patch
  • Fixed an Interview question (default 3) where it would ask you about signing your own driver, when in fact it was talking about another.
This was the one I reported earlier, got it again yesterday.

8 or 9 more races, no big bugs. 2 sudden breakdowns that could both be fixed. One puncture at around 5% wear.

Finished the first season 7th, could have been 5th if it wasn't for 2 crashes by my better pilot, but part of that success was due to ICE mod's pretty generous sponsors.

Hi all out there,
my first post on this forum, yeahhh :geek:, but following for quite a moment now. Deep respect for all the modders that are working on MM, especially for enzoli that we all hope will return for adapting MOD 2016 to the last game version and for hopefully presenting us an astonishing 2017 MOD. Deep respect also to FlamingRed, working hard on the game mechanics just to make MM a real motorsport experience. And finally to the authors of ICE 2017 that seem of a huge motivation for future adaptations just to make the MM world explode to global motorsport experience.
So there is big work going on on these different sides and of course, as a non-modder but real motorsport fan I just am without patience to start a long career. And so I'm wondering what could be the compatibility between following mods: ICE 2017, Vanilla Balance from FlamingRed and the Track Name MOD?
Has anybody yet experienced this combination? Could that be a base for a new career start in MM?
I know that these questions are not limited to the mod of this threat, but I consider the Vanilla Balance MOD somewhere as the base as its influencing the mechanics of the game. The other Mods come on top for me if compatible.
And of course, what has to be expected in case of a game update from the devs? Perhaps it could be an idea to have an overview table of what game elements are modified by which MOD, just to get a besser understanding of compatibility issues.
Wishing a very beautiful day to everybody :)

Hi all out there,
my first post on this forum, yeahhh :geek:, but following for quite a moment now. Deep respect for all the modders that are working on MM, especially for enzoli that we all hope will return for adapting MOD 2016 to the last game version and for hopefully presenting us an astonishing 2017 MOD. Deep respect also to FlamingRed, working hard on the game mechanics just to make MM a real motorsport experience. And finally to the authors of ICE 2017 that seem of a huge motivation for future adaptations just to make the MM world explode to global motorsport experience.
So there is big work going on on these different sides and of course, as a non-modder but real motorsport fan I just am without patience to start a long career. And so I'm wondering what could be the compatibility between following mods: ICE 2017, Vanilla Balance from FlamingRed and the Track Name MOD?
Has anybody yet experienced this combination? Could that be a base for a new career start in MM?
I know that these questions are not limited to the mod of this threat, but I consider the Vanilla Balance MOD somewhere as the base as its influencing the mechanics of the game. The other Mods come on top for me if compatible.
And of course, what has to be expected in case of a game update from the devs? Perhaps it could be an idea to have an overview table of what game elements are modified by which MOD, just to get a besser understanding of compatibility issues.

As far as I'm aware the TRACK NAME mod I made is compatible with all workshop mods as I've changed text.assets and textures they don't have access to, so it should work along side the ICE mod. For FlammingReds mod I don't know as I don't know what files he has changed.

Patch notes looking good! I will do the revamping of interviews + hopefully some new questions afterwards, but that'll probably miss the patch d, unless you want some of the stuff there for testing?
Nah, what Interviews are such a WIP atm that I'd like to keep the one in the mod itself as stable as I can....
This was the one I reported earlier, got it again yesterday.

8 or 9 more races, no big bugs. 2 sudden breakdowns that could both be fixed. One puncture at around 5% wear.

Finished the first season 7th, could have been 5th if it wasn't for 2 crashes by my better pilot, but part of that success was due to ICE mod's pretty generous sponsors.
Yeah, i found it myself in the tests I was doing fixing another problem. It's the one talking about an Agent... I missed this on my first glance. I'll probably move it down to Set 5 one day when there's more default questions added,

Hi all out there,

I've not seen the track name mod... so no idea how that plays.

If you install my mod (as a non workshop mod - you'll be overwriting the core files) and then add in The ICE mod in the workshop, the two work flawlessly. As will most workshop mods. There should really be no compatibility issues what so ever. I think me and ICE only use the same sponsors.

When the game is updated by the devs, it'll take me about a week to rebuild to mod due to its scope now (longer if the devs are doing a big update patch which adds new features as I need to rebalance stuff). You'll be without my mod for then.

And when my mod first comes out - we basically have a 'testing week' as we find all the things which aren't playing nice. So it's best to be prepared to start over until the mod becomes stable - though you may not have to if everything goes good.

Hello! A quick question regarding your statement "Tyre temperatures use to do nothing unless you were at the maximum or minimum". Could you elaborate how this used to work in vanilla game? Tyre wear etc?
Nothing used to happen until you hit the top of the bar or the bottom of the bar, and the driver would complain. So long as you were 1mm away from the extremes, you'd have no effects going what so ever in vanilla.

Once you hit the top, you'd apparently lose any time advantage of push and attack.
Once you hit the bottom, and tyre wear 'reduction' is lost from conserve or backup.

All in all, it was a friendly system which only changed anything when you didn't keep your bar within a huge gap. (This excludes qualifying which has its own mechanic).

The new system means you need to keep your eye on temps all the time.

This isn't a big deal just wondered your thoughts. This driver is a only SS driver but got a GT trait. Is it possible to prevent such things?
View attachment 182147
This is where I make up a narrative.

I am an amazing GT driver, but screw it, I'm racing in SS! That's where the big money is!

I don't think it's preventable, if he's a new driver regen, he gets random perminant traits. Don't think I can control which ones, maybe there's a dilemma in the future where you can choose one perk over the other? ;) If we can think up a narrative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 177 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 180 25.3%
  • CPU

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Graphics card