Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
I was wondering... if the dilemmas have same trigger conditions as interviews (?), maybe a mechanic like that could be used to sort of force the player to develop a new part after a breakdown? Something along the lines "The engine that blew in the last race is beyond repair, should we make a replacement for X€, or design a completely new one?". Or have midway options with "botch it together anyways" with lower price but increased red zone. And so on.

BTW... strictly speaking air "leaks" in the wings and airfoils are a real thing (air flowing or escaping through unwanted paths), and are even sometimes called that... but I'm sure malfunction is a bit better word for general use anyways. ;)

Hi Everybody. Got my first random retirement in 2 Season 7th race (Guildford)
First Random Retirment.jpg

Also the new malfunction dilemma works fine. (For the record my two latest parts where engines)
Malfunction.jpg

Does someone know how the expectations for driver positions (and team?) are calculated? And how often? Are they actually visible somewhere?

For teams it's obvious you choose them at season start. And for drivers I thing is about the cars they drive and own skills. You can look at the Estimated Race Positions for drivers in the Part Fitting screen (in the Cars Tab or after choosing sponsor for race day).
Estimated.jpg Estimated 2.jpg

Last edited:
Also the new malfunction dilemma works fine. (For the record my two latest parts where engines)

Oh, when I say latest, I mean within that area.... so if you have 5 sets of breaks,(2 from last season, 3 new) it will select the two ostmrecent set of breaks.
I was wondering... if the dilemmas have same trigger conditions as interviews (?), maybe a mechanic like that could be used to sort of force the player to develop a new part after a breakdown? Something along the lines "The engine that blew in the last race is beyond repair, should we make a replacement for X€, or design a completely new one?". Or have midway options with "botch it together anyways" with lower price but increased red zone. And so on.

:( unfortunately they do not... one day they might. But that's a hell of a lot of merging. I would need Coops or a new Assembly modded to help with it as it's a vast amount of work. Or wait until the development cycle is done.

BTW... strictly speaking air "leaks" in the wings and airfoils are a real thing (air flowing or escaping through unwanted paths), and are even sometimes called that... but I'm sure malfunction is a bit better word for general use anyways. ;)
I know, I considered that afterwards... hence the touché.

Does someone know how the expectations for driver positions (and team?) are calculated? And how often? Are they actually visible somewhere?

For teams it's obvious you choose them at season start. And for drivers I thing is about the cars they drive and own skills. You can look at the Estimated Race Positions for drivers in the Part Fitting screen (in the Cars Tab or after choosing sponsor for race day).
I believe the drivers are calculated as said, but I believe the team expectation is simoly their previous years position. If you look at the answers to the 'start a new game' interview, the expectation isn't what you telll the chairman, it's what it was originally (whatever it said in the team select menu).

Ah, excellent, easier than I thought! I never noticed the whole tool tip. Thanks!
No one ever notices that... it's the most hidden bit of relatively important bit of information in the game.

Well for ERS season 2, I'm pretty happy with thst. It's not over the top but it's not perfect reliability either. In higher tiers, expect it to be less as the chassis get better. But I'm generally quite happpy with that

Ps, I like your last lap puncture at Guildford.

Is this season 2 create your own team? How's the difficulty level, as those are some decent results (even a win)

Ps, I like your last lap puncture at Guildford.
That would cost me almost a place. She was 2 laps ahead of me. Because of the puncture I did overtake her with 0.5 fuel. Lucky for me the gap between the driver behind me was bigger so that saved me when I had no fuel anymore.

Is this season 2 create your own team? How's the difficulty level, as those are some decent results (even a win)
To be honest it's was more of a luck I guess. My driver got a Refocused trait (+7) for almost all the season (ended after 7th race). And I also got the Tondela Expert trait around the middle of the season (so get lucky with 8th race too). But I guess that will be my downfall. Next seasons team goal offers will be unrealistically high. If you haven't changed it yet I suggest you should consider a change in it.
End Standing.jpg

Here is my car of the 2nd season end.
End Season 2.jpg Engine.jpg Gear.jpg Brake.jpg Suspension.jpg

Last edited:
nah team goals i like at the minute it just gave me my most fun season yet

came 7th first season and how to achieve this the next season but due to severe lack of funds i had no development budget so was coming last every race.

chairman kept getting unhappy and after 10 races in ERS he reached 0% unfortunately they voted in an extra track the year before so I had to finish 11th in final race or I was done.

It was a raining china GP and by fluke of weather in qualy i had a driver on pole
by lap 2 that driver had spun and broke his suspension and after pit running last.

Rain was coming soon in 4 laps, luckily someone crashed (not for them thou) but SC came out for three laps pulled straight in for wets knowing it was going to be wet time we got back under way. AI stayed on inters. after restart and a few laps they all pit leaving me front running.

Dam it another Spin same driver, to the back he goes. I pinned my hopes on the guy that could go in the right direction, but even then we still didn't have the pace, slowly slipping in the rankings.

3 laps to go i was 12th and then bam i spin and full back to 13th :(
on last lap i put in everything but could only get 12th back.

pressed on believe to be sacked then scruntenting !!!
Whats this? one driver demoted 22 places for 2 risk parts.

I survive and now in 3rd season there are 4 spec parts and i can finally catch up development.

Mod made this happen so thank you.

That would cost me almost a place. She was 2 laps ahead of me. Because of the puncture I did overtake her with 0.5 fuel. Lucky for me the gap between the driver behind me was bigger so that saved me when I had no fuel anymore.

To be honest it's was more of a luck I guess. My driver got a Refocused trait (+7) for almost all the season (ended after 7th race). And I also got the Tondela Expert trait around the middle of the season (so get lucky with 8th race too). But I guess that will be my downfall. Next seasons team goal offers will be unrealistically high. If you haven't changed it yet I suggest you should consider a change in it.
View attachment 182414

Here is my car of the 2nd season end.
View attachment 182416 View attachment 182418 View attachment 182419 View attachment 182417 View attachment 182420
You are so screwed... hire a Evans as a reserve driver now, for the team work + Chairman happiness trait.
nah team goals i like at the minute it just gave me my most fun season yet

came 7th first season and how to achieve this the next season but due to severe lack of funds i had no development budget so was coming last every race.

chairman kept getting unhappy and after 10 races in ERS he reached 0% unfortunately they voted in an extra track the year before so I had to finish 11th in final race or I was done.

It was a raining china GP and by fluke of weather in qualy i had a driver on pole
by lap 2 that driver had spun and broke his suspension and after pit running last.

Rain was coming soon in 4 laps, luckily someone crashed (not for them thou) but SC came out for three laps pulled straight in for wets knowing it was going to be wet time we got back under way. AI stayed on inters. after restart and a few laps they all pit leaving me front running.

Dam it another Spin same driver, to the back he goes. I pinned my hopes on the guy that could go in the right direction, but even then we still didn't have the pace, slowly slipping in the rankings.

3 laps to go i was 12th and then bam i spin and full back to 13th :(
on last lap i put in everything but could only get 12th back.

pressed on believe to be sacked then scruntenting !!!
Whats this? one driver demoted 22 places for 2 risk parts.

I survive and now in 3rd season there are 4 spec parts and i can finally catch up development.

Mod made this happen so thank you.

This is the greatest story ever told.

* Just as I suspected, :cautious: and what's with the "anything above 1st:speechless:" :p
Unrealistic.jpg

* Also I get the same money offered as my last years team goal (same money for 2nd and 8th position). Shouldn't it raise with higher goals?

* After the last race I was second on team ranking and my marketability was 4 stars. But even when I had empty sponsor slots I didn't get any offers until the season end events came (I thing it's a game thing). And afterwards team order was alphabetically sorted. So I ended up 8th rank. At season start I got only 1 Star offers. So is there any possibility to;:O_o:
- Change new season starting order
- Reject pending Sponsor offers
- Shorten the 2 Race offer time

* I still believe that we should get a lower team goal offer. Like -2 from last years finishing position. Because of the pure random (or luck) factor for traits, retirements, crashes. They are very powerful to change the outcome (for good or bad).:D

* Got this nice dilemma for the first ( and after a couple of weeks later for the second) time :thumbsup:
Nice One.jpg

* Just as I suspected, :cautious: and what's with the "anything above 1st:speechless:" :p
View attachment 182436

* Also I get the same money offered as my last years team goal (same money for 2nd and 8th position). Shouldn't it raise with higher goals?

* After the last race I was second on team ranking and my marketability was 4 stars. But even when I had empty sponsor slots I didn't get any offers until the season end events came (I thing it's a game thing). And afterwards team order was alphabetically sorted. So I ended up 8th rank. At season start I got only 1 Star offers. So is there any possibility to;:O_o:
- Change new season starting order
- Reject pending Sponsor offers
- Shorten the 2 Race offer time

* I still believe that we should get a lower team goal offer. Like -2 from last years finishing position. Because of the pure random (or luck) factor for traits, retirements, crashes. They are very powerful to change the outcome (for good or bad).:D

* Got this nice dilemma for the first ( and after a couple of weeks later for the second) time :thumbsup:
View attachment 182449

- Anything above first! Gotta set those standards high!

- 13 is a tiny bit low. I'll have a look at the numbers and see where it comes from. Was it like that in vanilla if you're second?

- I knew this was a thing, but I didn't realise sponsrs didn't happen until after the season and the standings reset, so this problem would have been avoided. That's unfortunate, I'll have to have a look and see if I can make sponsors offer sooner.
- 2 can become 1 race
- can't see a way to reject
- or the starting order

If unsuccessful chaining the time offers come in, maybe this becomes a new strategy to not negotiate offers after the final race ;) which I will put in my walk-through, available soon - £9.99

- I'm not changing to lower the expectations, but I am interested in adding some interesting 'mechanics' via interviews, and traits which effect Chairman happiness for cases such as this (one of course, unhappiness for other cases... because we need More Firing!)

Edit!!!

Also, think of what happens when you get fired! You'll have to find another team! And then go on a path of 'Redemption!' - looking back at your other team, seeing them do well or badly, waiting for the new manager to get under risk so you can ply to come back to the team a hero!

Oh what a story that would be!

Edit 2: oh yeah, I like that dilemma. I need a dilemma writer too, so many potenials to do all sort of things with ore existing mechanics,

Last edited:
* The money you got did raise with higher team goals I believe. But you did get your money per race then. I have no idea how it is in the Vanilla Create Your Own Team.

* If you mean the driver and staff offer then there is another problem to that. Every offer that get accepted before season end (even 1 day) get 1 year from the contract. If you offer a long (3 year) contract before season end, you lose 1 year instantly at the season end. Maybe you can change the length of the offers. Or set another date for the contract ending time.

* I am not worried of chairmen happiness. It's easy to raise it. Getting an unrealistic offer for team goal bothers me.

* The money you got did raise with higher team goals I believe. But you did get your money per race then. I have no idea how it is in the Vanilla Create Your Own Team.

* If you mean the driver and staff offer then there is another problem to that. Every offer that get accepted before season end (even 1 day) get 1 year from the contract. If you offer a long (3 year) contract before season end, you lose 1 year instantly at the season end. Maybe you can change the length of the offers. Or set another date for the contract ending time.

* I am not worried of chairmen happiness. It's easy to raise it. But that I get an unrealistic offer bothers me.
- nor do I

- no no I just mean sponsors, I don't want them waiting until after the pre season starts. I want those offers after that finalnrace before pre season.

-. Oh well that's fine then. Pretend your boss is like all the other bosses in the world. Unrealistic expectations and is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 132 27.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 116 23.8%
  • CPU

Votes: 61 12.5%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 87 17.9%