The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

You sure the cockpit is of the correct lenght? It looks longer than the engine. Who’s it for, Dan Gurney?? :roflmao::roflmao:
Body is slightly bigger and longer to better accomodate all kind of drivers, yes, but not so much.
Driver is sitting nicely

Senza titolo-2.jpg

I wonder about the cubemaps in ac. I did a quick search in the ac folders and I only found two cubemap.dds files. One for sdk and for the game and both identical. There is also a cubemap_model.kn5. I wonder if the game uses that? It is too small file to have a cubemap texture in it but if it is possible to make your own cubemap kn5s? There is also that cubemap renderer thing in sdk, does that do anything?

I wonder about the cubemaps in ac. I did a quick search in the ac folders and I only found two cubemap.dds files. One for sdk and for the game and both identical. There is also a cubemap_model.kn5. I wonder if the game uses that? It is too small file to have a cubemap texture in it but if it is possible to make your own cubemap kn5s? There is also that cubemap renderer thing in sdk, does that do anything?
It renders the cubemap...

(Unless you use static reflections)

I know in rf2 every car and track has to include a cubemap texture for some shaders so I'm just wondering if the cubemap in ac could be changed somehow.

Also I wonder if creating a small scene and importing it along with the car model into sdk would help with stereo's problem.

I know in rf2 every car and track has to include a cubemap texture for some shaders so I'm just wondering if the cubemap in ac could be changed somehow.

Also I wonder if creating a small scene and importing it along with the car model into sdk would help with stereo's problem.
...the cubemap is rendered, there’s nothing to be changed besides what things are rendered in it (e.g. reflections on other cars) and the rate at which it’s updated.

And yeah a scene would fix the problem.

Body finished! Love it!
Interior will be easy i suppose, really barebone

View attachment 348051

Edit:
This time i multimapped all, even chrome. All is semi-definitive, only need to skin tires, used the pantera's one for now

Just stunning work, man. And fast.

Are there several versions of the exhaust gallery irl?

I did do a bit more to the carburetor model but more importantly I got the wheels tinted a more appropriate grey, which I suppose is the raw magnesium casting (lip gets polished)
ScenCzr.jpg

Thomson Road's jump seems like a good place to ask the obvious question... do people want realistic laptimes or competitive ones? In the 1967 Can-Am Mosport, Miss Veedol was 21% slower than pole (Mclaren factory team M6A, T70s were also this pace) and 16% slower than a more comparable M1B privateer. It'd need a pretty big power deficit to make that happen.

I did do a bit more to the carburetor model but more importantly I got the wheels tinted a more appropriate grey, which I suppose is the raw magnesium casting (lip gets polished)
ScenCzr.jpg

Thomson Road's jump seems like a good place to ask the obvious question... do people want realistic laptimes or competitive ones? In the 1967 Can-Am Mosport, Miss Veedol was 21% slower than pole (Mclaren factory team M6A, T70s were also this pace) and 16% slower than a more comparable M1B privateer. It'd need a pretty big power deficit to make that happen.
I'd personally prefer realistic. Is it possible that Max Beimler just wasnt very good? :D There is about 2 seconds difference between the Ford and Chevy T70's at Silverstone, any idea how much slower the Chinook would be? I guess not as there are no results for there. The fastest laps I just looked at on RSC seem odd, the car is sooo much slower, the spread between people in the same cars can also be huge though I guess. I wonder if there is a fair bit of wiggle room for lap times. I would say maybe keep all data you know correct but dont nerf it back to Max Beimler lap times as absolute limit of the car.

Alternatively you could do an S1 as like a modern historic version that is closer to the Lola T70 Mk2s

Last edited:
I think realistic for me too.
Forgive my ignorance, but are there any other Can-Am cars in AC to race it against?
Was the T70 spyder a Can-Am car?

In my experience, it's been tough to get enough sign ups for a decent grid (in RD club racing) with cars of this type. I will try again though, because I love em. So my question is, whether there are other cars of that era that could produce close racing with this one?

Sorry for the OT, I can just do a single make/model race with this car (when it's released). It's probably for the best.

Been feeling pretty ill recently so haven't really given much time to the cortina. Fired up blender this morning though and started some work on the front end. Definitely going to redo the front window chrome and rubber as it's way too thick.
untitled.45.jpg

What is everyone's thought on the grill choice? I have gone pre-airflow because I think the lines look cleaner. The airflow model has a different interior, so once I've finalized the front I'm locked into that variant.
1581258077425.png

Been feeling pretty ill recently so haven't really given much time to the cortina. Fired up blender this morning though and started some work on the front end. Definitely going to redo the front window chrome and rubber as it's way too thick.
View attachment 348426

What is everyone's thought on the grill choice? I have gone pre-airflow because I think the lines look cleaner. The airflow model has a different interior, so once I've finalized the front I'm locked into that variant.
View attachment 348427
Great. What's the status on physics?

Well, imho you should do the one that pleases you the most to keep you working, and/or which you'll have better references for work latter (in case interior differs greatly, or implies other later model physics differences under the body). I guess that's more important than the community taste on this (all things considered,) small detail. Even to me later is more recognizeable, but earlier looks cleaner -- it's a draw.

If your grill preference also makes it immediately distinctive to the rip that is around, it's a bonus.

Last edited:
I'd personally prefer realistic. Is it possible that Max Beimler just wasnt very good? :D There is about 2 seconds difference between the Ford and Chevy T70's at Silverstone, any idea how much slower the Chinook would be? I guess not as there are no results for there. The fastest laps I just looked at on RSC seem odd, the car is sooo much slower, the spread between people in the same cars can also be huge though I guess. I wonder if there is a fair bit of wiggle room for lap times. I would say maybe keep all data you know correct but dont nerf it back to Max Beimler lap times as absolute limit of the car.

Alternatively you could do an S1 as like a modern historic version that is closer to the Lola T70 Mk2s
Yeah probably the second option is more reasonable, have a modern S1... it's a pretty consistent 16%+ gap. Only Max Beimler result I see otherwise is a class win in a Porsche 906 but the class consisted of about 3 906s.

There is no data I know is correct about the car unfortunately, like literally "engine manufacturer: chevrolet" is it. I don't know if the engines even got dyno tested originally, the modern hundred thousand dollar restos obviously did a decent job to perform well at Goodwood.

For a while I could only see 2 chassis existed, but racingsportscars added some USRRC results where 3 mk1/mk2 Chinooks entered. Not sure the livery on the third one. [edit] I think the 3 are white with red stripes (Veedol, typically #1), silver over red (#5), and white over black (#33, the only mk1)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back