The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

What do you need? I pretty much know all the E30 gurus in Germany plus some people in BMW Munich so if it's a question relating to stock values I can probably get it.
If you'd know someone who has a catalogue of spring rates, damper dynos, damper closed/open lengths, bushing hardness and so on, I'd really like to see it. The biggest unknown right now is M3 and M3 Evo dampers. I have a few spring rate measurements for the coil spring but I just know the M3 rubber is "harder", no Shore hardness or anything.

If you can get just one thing, get me a damper dyno, damper rates, something to do with the M3 dampers. Thanks.

My point wasn’t necessarily that it can match data and feel wrong. I actually think “feel” versus real life is probably the worst way to judge a car in a sim. Especially in road cars that are simpler than race cars (smaller chance for errors in data) and have things that make them “feel” different IRL.

My point wasn’t necessarily that it can match data and feel wrong. I actually think “feel” versus real life is probably the worst way to judge a car in a sim. Especially in road cars that are simpler than race cars (smaller chance for errors in data) and have things that make them “feel” different IRL.
Yep. Roadcars are pretty easy to get "close" IMO. Less specific suspensions and often better info for them, wider tolerances in the suspensions, generic parts and methods used, very similar design goals as other roadcars, very often not very adjustable if at all, tires similar to other tires due to often almost identical design goals etc.

The last 10% can be a pain, especially because that's where all the "feel" is and that's where all the things which we can't simulate start to matter.

Then there's the whole thing of the steering wheel, pedals and more importantly seat and seating position more or less *never* matching up with the real car. Why I think it matters is because owners who give feedback typically spend a lot of time with those ergonomics, so if it differs even a little bit, it's just not gonna feel right.

Pretty much progress tonight. Day 6:
day6.JPG

Why I think it matters is because owners who give feedback typically spend a lot of time with those ergonomics, so if it differs even a little bit, it's just not gonna feel right.
And some people wonder why I'm building a highly adjustable cockpit as my simracing rig.

I'm so stupid, i scanned whole web to find a clue to do that animations... Then now i found out the kunos ferrari 312 have throttle moving. And what an amazing piece of car, really shines in details

shame it has the proportions of a BRM P115 and the cockpit is all fudged up. It is honestly the worst car kunos has ever made for AC (model wise). And who remembers the first tyres they made for the car? Big as a tractor's! Never understood how such a model could get green light for release

I am not an expert about the car, but from what I remember that has just the dimensione of the headlights wrong, right? The 312 is all wrong apart from the engine
The basic proportional outline is off, all of the pillar angles are off, the side curve is off, exhaust is off, wrong spec and mixed up different domestic markets for bodyparts, interior has a host of issues but the one that bugs me the most is the steering column being misplaced and the wheels are, to my knowledge, either obscure aftermarket or 100% completely made up.

It's terrible.

Source: I was modeling an AE86 earlier in 2019

I see.. Well, the bright side is that we can share our sorrows together then :D :D
Don't get me started. I worked on physics for the 86 for over a year, only to come to the conclusion that it'll never drive right due to how the arms bind up in the rear. There went all the motivation in modeling the car, too.

I wish you'd finish it, especially a race version would be great. I really cannot drive the Kunos car, it looks like a bad cartoon drawing.
If we ever figure out a way to fix the axle bind, like via CSP, then maybe it will come out in 2030 again. Now it's set up to never come out. I'd much rather model an AW11 because I have physics for that one too.

Latest News

Back