The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

V2iQ9eW.jpg

Just checking that I made the holes round enough before I take the time to punch them all into the body, I suppose a holesaw was handier than the louver stamp other Can-Am cars used to relieve fender pressure.

Weirdly the modern cars all have a different body than the historic ones (way more haphazard holes and the fender's not the same shape), this is modern cause I have no high res photos of the classic.

Last edited:
its actually more or less this stupid thing, a fictional oddball like the Exorod. Was on hold forever due to Blender messing up animation export, but stereos updated plugin somehow fixed the issue
ooazNyC.jpg

its basically a car build around a 2JZ :whistling: and yes an exposed gearbox at the rear IS sexy
inspiration was this thing (also inline-6, but only 60 hp):
IGegYji.jpg

I'm also messing around with track building, but nothing to show yet really
Neato!

This TS050 is not a rip from another game. The model is bought from turbosquid and was then converted to an AC Car. But i think the reason why it will not be released is that the model costs nearly 90$ and so it won't be for free either. If it will be released i think it will be an expensive paymod for the same price so i think it will not be released because no one will pay that amount of money for a single AC Car

Even now, I'm still somewhat surprised by the fact that people want a low quality model with low quality physics just because it sort of looks and almost sort of drives like the real thing.

You can't say that it is a low quality model with low quality physics because you didn't have this car. This car can reach the same lap times as the original TS050 on every circuit they race in real life. I can't say if this mod drives like the real car because no one knows how the real car drives. But for me it feels like a real lmp1 hybrid car

But if someone already paid for it they gain nothing from keeping this car for themself...

Yes but the point is that if the developer paid 90$ for the model he doesn't want to release it for less than that. He told me that he paid it because he wants the car because he is a huge fan of Toyota LMP1 Cars. He wants it for himself so I don't know if this car will be released for public but i don't think so

You can't say that it is a low quality model with low quality physics because you didn't have this car. This car can reach the same lap times as the original TS050 on every circuit they race in real life. I can't say if this mod drives like the real car because no one knows how the real car drives. But for me it feels like a real lmp1 hybrid car

To discredit mcf1's opinion on questionable physics, immediately claim that 'it feels like a real LMP1 hybrid car' directly after saying you cannot say the mod drives like the real car is completely asinine. Matching the lap times of the real TS050 in sim means nothing in the way of the mod being high-quality. Even Kunos weren't able to get their hands on all the data they needed to make a real-to-life LMP1H, or even the Ferrari Formula cars for that matter. With how secretive the top teams in motorsports are with their data, on top of Toyota being even more protective about their race cars, let alone their ongoing LMP program, people have no reason to doubt the claim that the physics would be as low quality as mcf1 believes it to be.

Last edited:
You can't say...

Trust me, he can.

On the model side, why not just model the car to begin with instead of buying one and then converting it? I'd love a TS050 but there's just no way to come anywhere close to RL regarding the physics.

A few years back @mclarenf1papa and me were in touch with a guy who gave us complete access to his open source LMP1 car project including wind tunnel data and what not and when those physics were implemented and I drove it it felt nowhere near anything anyone calls LMP2/1/1HY today in AC or anywhere else - with the exception of IER's project which at the time wasn't released yet. So in the end it's like he said, good model nice for screenshots yes. Accurate times and real feel likely not.

Besides the proportions on that model are just not even close to the real thing. Not saying that to put it down it is just a waste of valuable time.

Yes but the point is that if the developer paid 90$ for the model he doesn't want to release it for less than that. He told me that he paid it because he wants the car because he is a huge fan of Toyota LMP1 Cars. He wants it for himself so I don't know if this car will be released for public but i don't think so
I can look at the model both in the screenshots you posted and on the Turbosquid page it was bought from; that’s enough to say it’s not very high quality. As for the $90, unless you’re assuming you’ll only get 1 purchase (which you’d be lucky to get at that price), you’d probably be able to make those 90 back at a lower price.

Latest News

Back