The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

It's been a while since the last post here of the Toyota 7, so I'll add in the past week's worth of work, new fuel cap, completely new wheels with ~40% of the polys of the old ones with similar details and closer to the real life examples, panel gaps, and a whole slew of other details. Here's the most recent picture I've taken, where the accuracy ranges from vaguely similar to hilariously off, but I'm happy with it for being my first endeavor into modelling! :D

Toyota 7 Cam Match 0131.PNG

I also might have a guy from TMG Cologne finding a way to get my hands on some information in the coming weeks. Realistically, nothing will most likely come of it, but I can only hope that's not the case.

It's been a while since the last post here of the Toyota 7, so I'll add in the past week's worth of work, new fuel cap, completely new wheels with ~40% of the polys of the old ones with similar details and closer to the real life examples, panel gaps, and a whole slew of other details. Here's the most recent picture I've taken, where the accuracy ranges from vaguely similar to hilariously off, but I'm happy with it for being my first endeavor into modelling! :D

View attachment 346849

I also might have a guy from TMG Cologne finding a way to get my hands on some information in the coming weeks. Realistically, nothing will most likely come of it, but I can only hope that's not the case.

Amazing progress, very smooth! Have you modeled half the car or are you going from right to left? Do you have a full wireframe on photo shot? Love the photomatching.

KLo3bW9.jpg

Couldn't really see it before due to being one-sided but the radiator intake did exist, now it has the front edge of the panel making it visible (and generic darkness inside) I suppose I need to work on the windshield soon since the exterior's otherwise fairly complete.

hiMnmXu.jpg

Wireframe comparison, The diveplane doesn't really match but I don't have enough to go on to figure out why, so I went with simplicity (just curved in one direction)

Next time i'll wanna do a car with engine and gearbox exposed, please, kill me.
One full day only to make that gearbox, and is even a triangle monster, 20k, but wanna detail it a bit
View attachment 346867
Dunno, I rather model an engine than having to deal with the curvy exterior of a car... which explains both why I made such angular cars, and why there haven't been any lately :whistling:

Amazing progress, very smooth! Have you modeled half the car or are you going from right to left? Do you have a full wireframe on photo shot? Love the photomatching.
I’m modelling one side of the car and mirroring it over to the other side since they’re symmetrical, barring that exposed oil canister that I have yet to add. I’ve detached the center bit to make sure it’s untouched when I mirror the sides. I promise you it won’t be as accurate as Stereo’s McLaren, but I’ll post a wireframe pic when everything’s in place

I’m modelling one side of the car and mirroring it over to the other side since they’re symmetrical, barring that exposed oil canister that I have yet to add. I’ve detached the center bit to make sure it’s untouched when I mirror the sides. I promise you it won’t be as accurate as Stereo’s McLaren, but I’ll post a wireframe pic when everything’s in place

I figured you'd mirror it so the detached center piece explains it. Always tricky when the body is not 100% symmetrical. Looking forward to more progress!

I just assumed you'd been working on the Tesla Cybertruck.
its actually more or less this stupid thing, a fictional oddball like the Exorod. Was on hold forever due to Blender messing up animation export, but stereos updated plugin somehow fixed the issue
ooazNyC.jpg

its basically a car build around a 2JZ :whistling: and yes an exposed gearbox at the rear IS sexy
inspiration was this thing (also inline-6, but only 60 hp):
IGegYji.jpg

I'm also messing around with track building, but nothing to show yet really

So,..

I moved to another house (again). This time I bought a house together with my fiancé. Did (almost) everything I needed to do, bought a new monitor (which wasn't planned at all), got sick (that wasn't planned at all!) and yesterday I continued to work on the NISSAN GT3 design because I need some time to relax. ;-)

5e352922de60f-NISSAN_GT_WIP.jpg

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware