The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The "fine" art of doing suspensions, without knowing about suspension geometry at all

kk.jpg

Nothing like aligning cameras for photo matching...especially after you accidentally moved your cameras out of position and cannot go back :laugh: so here we go again, 2 years later.

SLqGBq7.png

TUFTlbD.png

859EgRj.png

Basically doing the body for the third time now, the pleasures of learning how to model and edit in a live project - whooohooo!

Photo matching the interior is another fun activity! Look at how far out of shape my top dashboard is, at least the front side is near perfectly aligned.

AyYMVXf.png

First Steps with Lidar, CloudCompare and Blender... right now at Blender trying to get back into basics.
I strongly believe my mesh is still to big from CC... i guess i have to look into cutting it or seperate the road from terrain. Not sure what is best for me now...
Thanks to all tutorial producer so far! :thumbsup: Maybe i have to ask somethin later... :roflmao:

Attachments

• WIP_Blender - Kopie.jpg
    WIP_Blender - Kopie.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 212
Nothing like aligning cameras for photo matching...especially after you accidentally moved your cameras out of position and cannot go back :laugh: so here we go again, 2 years later.

SLqGBq7.png

TUFTlbD.png

859EgRj.png

Basically doing the body for the third time now, the pleasures of learning how to model and edit in a live project - whooohooo!

Photo matching the interior is another fun activity! Look at how far out of shape my top dashboard is, at least the front side is near perfectly aligned.

AyYMVXf.png
Maybe fspy will help?

Maybe fspy will help?

Cheers, will take a look but for now I've gotten so used to estimating camera type and rough location/lens settingand then tweaking the camera view it's actually going quite well. It was a pain that I had to redo them all but that's what happens if you are in and out with long breaks.

This is a fairly old model of mine that I want ingame. I am trying to figure out the process of importing into the game.
Not sure if it would have any particular interest.
It does need retopo, and it has no interior and missing a few things right now but thats easily done.
I'll see if anybody can guess what car it is.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 2.png
    2.png
    273.6 KB · Views: 366
You know your cars! It is indeed the Lambo Bravo
If nothing else, the wheels were a giveaway on the manufacturer. The shape of the rear wheel arch a bit so as well.

I find a lot of the "folded paper" design cars to be very hit and miss
The style definitely screams of a very specific period in automotive design, and I concur, very hit and miss. But then again, that phrase could be used to describe the 70s as a whole, no?

After some progress i am still fighting with my (road) curves and the point cloud.
Layout is is done, looks good from top view.
Now i want to shrink the curves to the data/my ground points... struggling with (simple) things like curve and shrink wrap modifier. (Arrgh...:mad::roflmao:)

I am also trying to create another tutorial beside my progress where every step is clearly written down and explained a little bit, so you can follow the video tutorials more easy.
(somehow i feel i've missed or misunderstood something... :laugh:)

Attachments

• WIP_Blender5.jpg
    WIP_Blender5.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 197
  • WIP_Blender2.jpg
    WIP_Blender2.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 193
You should find this a bit helpful. :)

Thanks! Been watching them already and i am very thankful for his videos! Thank you LilSKi! :thumbsup:.

Besides some other good info/tuts he is like my mentor right now. :D

I am not experiend enough to understand and reproduce every step straight away, but finaly i am here
and felt my mesh. That felt awesome! Haha...
Time for some food... and cheers!

Slowly getting the handle on blender/editor texture handling. I can't get Blender to emit light sources through transparent textures yet but I think it is irrelevant for kseditor anyway.

R1f4YA1.png

For some reason I managed to have seamless tire treads now even though I still layered the tire tread on top of the center texture 'patch'. These are 19" Michelin Super Sports taken from a Kunos car (M4 I think) and these are actually 17" wheels but it works for trialing.

ButCwOT.png

aZgQbtR.jpg

I think I have to use transparent images for the texture in order to make the transparency in Blender and KSEditor work so will look into that. Currently these are solid (non transparent) .dds files.

Last edited:
Some pictures of my first test object... OLD is with circuits, now i try to replicate some magma art.
Next step/thoughts some yellow magma over the red. More decals, adjust/change the existing and maybe some stripes or something... still in the learning process and not in a hurry here... :)
962_RYZEN_AORUS.jpg

Attachments

• 962_RYZEN_AORUS_2.jpg
    962_RYZEN_AORUS_2.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 962_RYZEN_AORUS_OLD.jpg
    962_RYZEN_AORUS_OLD.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 160

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%