Show us your Rig / Cockpit

My cockpit project - Traumatic

Looking to spend no more than £250 on steering wheel/pedals and seat. what's the best thing to go for.
Sorry about this post again but i can't decide what to get

G25, and forget the seat for the time being then. From hungary i race from a normal office chair, just took out the wheels, and with a G25, and i can race with the same confidence level as from my VPP rack with the ECCI. Of course the immersion and the precision is not the same, and i am more stable in a long run from the professional set.

A decent pedal is the most imprtant part of any driving set, much more important then anything else, including the wheel, and for the amount of money you can spend on it the G25 is the only option in my view. Those pedals are making the G25 high above the other commercial wheels, not the wheel itself.

the problem is i dont have anywhere to put the wheel, I've got a racing seat on wheels but i would need something to put the steering wheel on. Thats why i was looking at a playseat. Have you got an ideas on what i could do if i brought the g25

I am racing with the G25 from a normal PC office table.

P1020066.jpg

never tought you were a smoker atti :D

and yes i think g25 is best for that amount of money, but if you are a bit handy you can buy a usb board were you can fit rotary encoders or pot meters on it (the way the position of the pedals are put in the pc ) and then you could build yourself some high performance pedals your self.
then its about the quality of the Pots you put in and good one are around 40 euro ( most expensive ones i think) then offcourse you have to build the rest......( told experiences from other builders is that it cost more then you think hehehe)

but its an option if you can get some parts cheap offcourse :p

im gonna build mine after the summer :drunk:

• Bob Anderson

hey, i accidentally run into this:
o b u t t o - cockpit details

Reasonable price of 259 USD for a complete cokpit frame with seat, perfect for G25, shipping can be an issue though... currently i would say optimal low price purchase for US people.

I've been in contact with them for a while since I ordered one a few months ago, but it was sold out, and I have had to wait for one to be built (hopefully should arrive sometime this month). Atti is correct, shipping to non-US people is an issue, as the cockpit is very heavy and the box is large. I think to ship anywhere other than US would probably cost more than the price of the cockpit itself. I know that they are trying to find a European distributor, so perhaps soon this will not be a problem.

Bob

• Jacek Kozlowski

Jamie i hope You will make right decisions (for you of course) on choosing your high-end wheel and PC.Soon(in about 3months) i will have to decided wich way to go too.Just yesterday i upgraded my pc -9300 procesor,asus p5kc motherboard,4gigs ddr2-800,8800gts and vista64.what ive notice that FF(g25) have change a lot with vista64(502log. 64bit.drivers)-its weaker than it was with 32bit vista.next thing that i want to buy is high-end wheel with pedals set.I also thinking about FFwheel,waiting for new frex but as you said we dont know yet if there will be suport for vista64.I read about this JL-g25 but you would have to wait for it at least 6months.Still have some time to decide,but im confused with the choice,dont want to spend 1300euros on wheel that doesent work good (like some vpp wheels-lack of good drivers).Do You consider some other brands(wheel),if yes then what?
Jacek Kozlowski

Well, there is also a BRD wheel is waiting for release for a long time now, not sure if it will ever come. Other then that i am not aware of any high-spec wheel... TSW is still there, but i am not sure if it is in the same League with the others.

Ok, here comes mine, nothing to fancy, but check out the VGP trophy for 2nd place in the left corner, sadly enough my girlfriend hates it so its only there for the photo ;)

Attachments

• IMGP1954.JPG
    IMGP1954.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 357
I got my cockpit quite simple.

Have to use the PC for many several things, so it's better for me to use a normal desk instead of a racing rig. But so far i am satisfied with this:

Attachments

• P6104624.jpg
    P6104624.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 345
  • P6104625.JPG
    P6104625.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 344
  • P6104626.JPG
    P6104626.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 343
Yes Danny :) Those are the real good cockpits like you have. I also have a "Desk Pro Cockpit 2008" just like you. Maybe we should open a new thread for such deskpods like we have lol :D

Latest News

Back