Show us your Rig / Cockpit

• Roy Stevens

Not sure if this is the right place to ask..but dose anyone no ware i can buy a good racing seat .One that i can place the monitor on as well as the wheel..if so can u post some links plz..thx in advance

Its quiet here lately, not really much done.. Just some finetuning in the hights and lengts... in near future i'll try to finish it :)

or build a new version with the correct messurements :D
so WIP1 continues :)

• Jose Cesar

Did you make yourself Jose? Nice cockpit
Well, I'm Jose too

• Jose Cesar

Hi I'm from Macau, newbie, playing simracing for about 1 year and my favorite game is Race WTCC07. And occasionally GTR2 and RFactor, offline mode. Enjoy simracing, clean race

Here is my cockpit and gear (FREX).....

Attachments

• ze frex cockpit1.jpg
    ze frex cockpit1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 590
  • PICT0254.JPG
    PICT0254.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 522
  • PICT0255.jpg
    PICT0255.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 533
  • Jose Cesar

Your cockpit is really COOOOllllllllll............ impressive

• Jose Cesar

Simon, your desk seems strong enough but i think it would be very fine if u change your chair to another one withou wheels. I used to use this kind of chair before, i felt very uncmfortable because it moves too much. However, if u feel it is comfortable enough then it is fine, important is u feel good.

My cockpit project - Attila

Hya guys,

To start up, currently i have a cockpit like this:

Cockpit-1.jpg

Recently i realised that for my racing rack a 3 monitor stand support is available:

VPP_HTSS_RRP.jpg

The rest is logical, i immediately started to think about an upgrade. :)

Of course i will need this Matrox TripleHead2go as well to spread the signal to the 3 monitors:
DataSheet

Currently i am on the questions phase towards Matrox and VPP, when and how can i purchase, compatibility with Vista and so on, if all fits then i think i will go for it. :)

One question to you all: which monitor would you propose for this setup? As i understood max can be 19" standard 4:3 format 1280*1024 native resolution, of course 3 next to each other. I am looking for the best quality, price is luckily not the first priority. I guess it should have digital input, speakers not needed, and the side plastic of the monitor i would like to have the thinnest possible, to have as less disturbance as possible.

Any suggestion?

also one more thing, anybody knows if this is working with Race 07 and other Simbin titles?

If you want quality for a reasonable price i would suggest Dell.

They have real good 19 and 20 inch lcd's for a good price.

If you so a lot of photo editing i would suggest not to take a TN panel, those are fast but not full 8 bit.

Look for an SIPS or PVA panel to get real 8 bit colors, which means 16.7 million.

You can also get 2 24 inch lcd's to match your 24 inch now.
Dell has a great offer the DELL E248WFP for 391 euro.

1280*1024 resolution needed for the 3 monitor setup, this is the max it supports, so i am looking for this.

The SIPS/PVA panel words are chinese for me.... do you have some tips for specific monitor maybe...? with veeery very thin plastic side... :)

Latest News

Back