AC RSS GT @ Nurburgring GT(GP)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What a pack of cars, can't wait to race these again. My ears are still ringing from the noise of that V8.

I nearly came unstuck due to my last minute strategy change. I had planned 20 laps on medium then last stint on softs. Decided to 50/50 mediums but hadn't checked how slow it was to fuel! I assumed it would be within the tyre change which was a silly mistake. @HF2000 you would have pinched it if not for your mistake overshooting T1, I can't see I would have got past you otherwise, you were quick on worn tyres and it's hard to pass here.

Thanks @Interslice as always. Congratulations Han and @Enzo Fazzi who I am sure normal business will be resumed next week and I shall be watching your car slowly disappear again.

Definitely a different kind of race for me. Viper was slow, tough to handle and killed the tires. Still thoroughly enjoyed the race though! (Especially the soundtrack of the big V10)

If we are to race these some more, I think some BOP needs to be applied. Did a couple of laps with Han's setup just now:
unknown.png

89L and mediums (And his gears were all wrong + the setup was way too understeery for me). This is over 1,5 seconds faster than I was able to do with the Viper on the same fuel load and tires.
I haven't tried the other cars though, maybe it's only the Viper that's off pace.

Last edited:
Definitely a different kind of race for me. Viper was slow, tough to handle and killed the tires. Still thoroughly enjoyed the race though! (Especially the soundtrack of the big V10)

If we are to race these some more, I think some BOP needs to be applied. Did a couple of laps with Han's setup just now:
unknown.png

89L and mediums (And his gears were all wrong + the setup was way too understeery for me). This is over 1,5 seconds faster than I was able to do with the Viper on the same fuel load and tires.
I haven't tried the other cars though, maybe it's only the Viper that's off pace.

It would be unthinkable to make a viper that handles well. Going to go with a faster circuit next time. Wonder will that change things. The ferrari's and shadow looked very quick around here.

Enjoyed that race. Got alot of practice in for this, through testing the temps etc., I was enjoying the car alot but really struggling to do 5-10 laps without a spin. Managed to keep it straight for the race but never felt comfortable pushing the car any faster.

I was under alot of pressure early on from casper. Luckily had @Shed 17 to tow me and keep me ahead. Casper made the first error when his softs melted. Myself and paul had clean track for a bit. Not happy with how i punted paul. Luckily punted so badly that it just pushed him straight though the chicane to the pit lane across the grass. I waited for him but he had another wobble soon after and i nipped ahead. That was about it... Han came along but cruised passed pretty easy. Could maybe have got ahead of gerben with 10 to go but i made some small mistakes and he had a quick refuel. He exited a few seconds ahead and cruised off however.

Thanks to all for racing. Congrats to @Fiberoptix for the win. Well done to the podium guys also.

Last edited:
Had fun yesterday, because of my wonderfull timezone understandings I was an hour too early. I was wondering why there were not so much people on discord...then i found out haha.

I made a setup for the 575 earlier in the weekend, dedicated for the race. I liked the handling with ARB on 1, but the fact was that it's slower. I drove with rear wing at 11.
During the quali I just emptied the tank, and went for it. I did some last minute changes to the suspension, and it got me to P2.

In the race i had again a bad start, used to rolling starts haha. But i could stay around P5/P6. During the first stint i found out that the Lambo and 550 had more torque/speed on the exit of corners. I drove with power diff settings on 40%. (Coast 45). So i could follow, but not really attack. Unfortunately i had contact with Davide (Lambo) in the Veedol Chicane, and that costed us both a lot of time. I am sorry for that.
Because of that, one of the Fazzi came by. And it was @HF2000 . I couldn't keep up with his pace, nice driving.

I had the brilliant idea to drive 2/3 of the race on mediums (I checked the wear of the tyres in practise) and then 1/3 on the softs. I also started with 75 liters of fuel, next time I will start with a completely full tank for the race, refuelling costed a lot of time.

After my stop i found myself behind the yellow american monster of another Fazzi, @Enzo Fazzi this time. With a 6 second gap i started to chase him on my softs, but when the gap was around 1 second, my tyres decided it was enough (3x red), and the last 2 laps I was sliding to the finish and Enzo got away from me.

Very nice cars to drive, thanks @Interslice for organizing!

Last edited:

unknown.png

You had a great start in it though! Not sure what you can read into RSR timing but of the cars I tried (all except the Lister) the Viper had the slowest WR.

Very nice race for me. Three big mistakes prevented the win for me. The biggest which I made about 25 years ago hit me with a kamikaze action in T1 in the second lap and we both had to let the whole field go. On good tyres I had a great pace, about the same as the frontrunners and I was steadily moving up through the field. I did a succesful undercut on Tim and was 2nd behind Ernie. Later in the race Ernie seem to make a second pitstop and soon after that he left the server (@Kek700 what happened?). So I was in the lead now and could maintain a gap of about 2s to Tim.
But then I made my second mistake by hitting the barrier on the inside on the last turn because of a sudden oversteer so Tim was now on my tail. A few laps later I was distracted by a message on top of my screen and I totally missed my brakepoint in T1. Tim could profit of course. I tried to get him back but when the tyres dropped of I concentrated on bringing the car safely to the end.

Great cars, great drivers, great event. Thanks Brian for organizing and to all of you for participating.
Congrats to Tim and to Enzo who managed 3rd with the inferior Viper.

I hope we will do these cars again. Still thinking of a long track (>10km) championship with these cars.

Last edited:
Very nice race for me. Three big mistakes prevented the win for me. The biggest which I made about 25 years ago hit me with a kamikaze action in T1 in the second lap and we had both had to let the whole field go. On good tyres I had a great pace, about the same as the frontrunners and I was steadily moving up through the field. I did a succesful undercut on Tim and was 2nd behind Ernie. Later in the race Ernie seem to make a second pitstop and soon after that he left the server (@Kek700 what happened?). So I was in the lead now and could maintain a gap of about 2s to Tim.
But then I made my second mistake by hitting the barrier on the inside on the last turn because of a sudden oversteer so Tim was now on my tail. A few laps later I was distracted by a message on top of my screen and I totally missed my brakepoint in T1. Tim could profit of course. I tried to get him back but when the tyres dropped of I concentrated on bringing the car safely to the end.

Great cars, great drivers, great event. Thanks Brian for organizing and to all of you for participating.
Congrats to Tim and to Enzo who managed 3rd with the Viper.

I hope we will do these cars again. Still thinking of a long track (>10km) championship with these cars.
Knowing you had gone off early on, I naively assumed you had yet to stop when I came out from the pits just behind you. I sat back for a bit thinking you were going to pit, I still thought this was the case after you overshot T1 not realising the true value of the advantage I had just gained until a few laps later. It was only when Crewchief announced the pit window was shutting that I realised you were not going into the pits! Taking more fuel next time, I was in the pitbox for 33 seconds. :unsure:

Qualifying went well but when it came to the race with a heavy fuel load, the car was as slippery as a snake that had been to the University of Slipperyness! Even thinking about going close to a kerb and the car wanted to kill me!

I got a good start but Brian was soon large in my mirrors and his help ;) through the NGK chicane made my mind up to just try to survive. Han was next to catch me and no point in trying to defend so a wide line through Mercedes Arena let him through without too much bother. Next up was Enzo who I managed to stay ahead of for a couple of laps until his pass into T1.

So three off’s but with Ernie retirement I was happy with a P6 finish, but with work to do to get a car that I could feel confident with.

Well done to all, especially the first turn where all got through alive, thanks to Brian for setting this up, great cars, and congrats to Tim on an impressive drive and Han, who finished second in a car with the “ gears all wrong and too understeery” :D

Connection drama again. Around the 50th minute, Ping went to 350 and I hit something invisible right after the chicane, I hope wasn't one of you guys even tho nobody was next to me at that moment.

I had hards 90L / soft 20L strategy, I was 2nd at that point but I didn't make it to the pit, just wonder how it would play out with soft and low tank the last 6 laps, probably a win.

Great mod, one of the best really, the key to a good champ would be the right tracks choice to give all cars to unleash their potential.

Unfortunately i had contact with Davide (Lambo) in the Veedol Chicane, and that costed us both a lot of time. I am sorry for that.
No problem mate, I had an early braking point due to the hards+full tank there so I guess you've got misled by that.

@HF2000
Simple really, for some reason, why I don’t know my pit stop did not provide me with any fuel, just tyres, as I put in 80 litres could run quite long till I ran out of fuel.
End of race for me.:(
Racing and trying to remember how to add fuel out side of the pit stop was well beyond this pea brain. Hope it does not happen again.
Had a really good race but had a real problem with safety over taking in these cars, me trying to out brake another car for me is a bridge too far.:roflmao::roflmao: ( where was the ABS )
These cars are definitely fun with a great sound track, thanking @Interslice for a great idea and all the organisation, it was especially fun watching that alien Enzo struggling for a change. Keep him in that viper or what ever it was.:roflmao::roflmao:

@HF2000
Simple really, for some reason, why I don’t know my pit stop did not provide me with any fuel, just tyres, as I put in 80 litres could run quite long till I ran out of fuel.
End of race for me.:(
Racing and trying to remember how to add fuel out side of the pit stop was well beyond this pea brain. Hope it does not happen again.
Had a really good race but had a real problem with safety over taking in these cars, me trying to out brake another car for me is a bridge too far.:roflmao::roflmao: ( where was the ABS )
These cars are definitely fun with a great sound track, thanking @Interslice for a great idea and all the organisation, it was especially fun watching that alien Enzo struggling for a change. Keep him in that viper or what ever it was.:roflmao::roflmao:
The cursor button on the wheel opens up the pit strategy menu. Best to mess with it on the long straight. You would have needed activate and set up the second pit menu slot to just add fuel.

The cursor button on the wheel opens up the pit strategy menu. Best to mess with it on the long straight. You would have needed activate and set up the second pit menu slot to just add fuel.

Ye it's definitely something worth practicing. Even if just to be able to add an extra lap of fuel to get you home.

Yes, I started with the same plan as Gerben but after 20 minutes and a loose Saleen underneath me, I changed my pit stop plans on the fly.
As Colin said, a flick of the cursor button on the wheel and the change was made to go mediums again with adjustments to the fuel as well.

Latest News

Back