AC RSS GT-M(GT3) @ Road America - Sunday 6th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Maybe it's the track combo, or maybe I feel like I've finally found my groove in the Merc, but I just tried out some of the Kunos GT3s here after some laps in the RSS, and they are not what I remember :coffee:

When we first started with the RSS GT3s I found them a bit more difficult than the kunos and thought I liked the Kunos more, but after sticking with them, I'm starting to feel like these RSS cars make the Kunos drive a bit dull. Between the sensitivity in the brakes and gas (for a GT3 car), these are nice and lively to drive. They take a bit more work to keep them steady, and that TC will bite you, but they're great when you nail the corner and exit.

Really enjoying them :thumbsup: Especially here :inlove: Good choice Brian

Ok, I hate to bring back up the BOP topic. But I can't help thinking about the dialog that Erie had with his wife. And I have the same sentiment as Carsten, that she is right (of course wives are always right)!

The problem I have is kind of what she said, but in a slightly different way. That is, we in the back have no influence on the BOP change. If we think of why BOP came to life, it was to even out the field in a multi-manufacture competition, sort of a cost cap. But that is not the reason we are using BOP. We are trying to prevent the three car race series turned into a single car one. For this case, why don't we apply the penalty (or caret) more directly to the objective?

What if we try this algorithm after each race (for an example race of 5 Mercs, 3 Beemers, and 2 Lanzos, all started with zero BOP ):
  1. Add 1kg or 1% restrictor to the car with most entry for each number of cars it has over the second most popular car (Merc gets 1kg * (5 - 3) = 2kg or 1kg + 1%);
  2. No change to the car in the middle (Beemer stays at 0 BOP);
  3. Reduce 1kg or 1% restrictor to the car with least entry for each number of cars it has deficit over the second most popular car (Lanzo gets reduced by 1kg * (3 - 2) = 1kg, since it has none, Merc and Beemer each gets added that amount, so we end up with: Merc 2kg+1%, Beemer 1kg+1%, Lanzo 0)
Above will drive towards equal number of each cars in our races. And everyone has an input to the outcome. Just a thought:)

Darn, I should be practicing at Rd Am instead of type on the forum! That sure looks like a fun track to drive! Off to my Beemer, ah, Bayer what ever its BOP:roflmao:

Ok, I hate to bring back up the BOP topic. But I can't help thinking about the dialog that Erie had with his wife. And I have the same sentiment as Carsten, that she is right (of course wives are always right)!

The problem I have is kind of what she said, but in a slightly different way. That is, we in the back have no influence on the BOP change. If we think of why BOP came to life, it was to even out the field in a multi-manufacture competition, sort of a cost cap. But that is not the reason we are using BOP. We are trying to prevent the three car race series turned into a single car one. For this case, why don't we apply the penalty (or caret) more directly to the objective?

What if we try this algorithm after each race (for an example race of 5 Mercs, 3 Beemers, and 2 Lanzos, all started with zero BOP ):
  1. Add 1kg or 1% restrictor to the car with most entry for each number of cars it has over the second most popular car (Merc gets 1kg * (5 - 3) = 2kg or 1kg + 1%);
  2. No change to the car in the middle (Beemer stays at 0 BOP);
  3. Reduce 1kg or 1% restrictor to the car with least entry for each number of cars it has deficit over the second most popular car (Lanzo gets reduced by 1kg * (3 - 2) = 1kg, since it has none, Merc and Beemer each gets added that amount, so we end up with: Merc 2kg+1%, Beemer 1kg+1%, Lanzo 0)
Above will drive towards equal number of each cars in our races. And everyone has an input to the outcome. Just a thought:)

Darn, I should be practicing at Rd Am instead of type on the forum! That sure looks like a fun track to drive! Off to my Beemer, ah, Bayer what ever its BOP:roflmao:

Balance of performance has to be based of performance!
I'm pretty happy with how it is going tbh. We're not far off what could be used as a static BOP for the 3 cars.
We currently have 3 or 4 of each car on the grid :)

Rumour has it the the mclando 720s and aldi r8 are in the works, so this will be an ongoing process. Hopefully they will continue to be in range of each other that the small <15kg <15% restrictor does the job. The GT1s were a bit too stretched even before you consider the viper.

Rumour has it the the mclando 720s and aldi r8 are in the works, so this will be an ongoing process. Hopefully they will continue to be in range of each other that the small <15kg <15% restrictor does the job. The GT1s were a bit too stretched even before you consider the viper.
Are they being made by RSS? Aldi haha, that's the name of a cheap supermarket over here. There are often jokes that when quality isn't good it's from the Aldi :)

Much prefer Kunos GT3 by a big margins, you had the advantage of choosing which car for which circuit. I dodged between Lamborghini, Nissan GT-R, BMW Z4 , and 650S.
Now I have one car that I don’t like, the other two I hate with a passion, and have to suffer BOP due to the front runners using it, BOP is a driver penalty..
:(

I feel you on the "driver penalty" part.

On the other hand I think the impact is rather more psychological as a perceived injustice than a measurable performance handycap.

And no, I will not try to prove this point with performance data, maybe Motec proves me wrong about it and then I´d be doubly ****ed :speechless:

On the other hand I think the impact is rather more psychological as a perceived injustice than a measurable performance handycap.
I know you don't want this point supported....:laugh: But I just did a few laps in the merc BOP free and down the straights I noticed maybe .05-.07s difference in my delta? For me, like when deciding how much fuel to add, I definitely lose more time due to driver error over a race than any small weight difference. And not seeing the delta shoot up down the straights at Road America without BOP anecdotally "confirms" that :p:coffee:

Besides not bringing all the cars down the to Viper's level ;):roflmao: , I haven't noticed racing impacted negatively by our race directors BOPing.

I do agree though ernie, I miss seeing some of those other cars (kunos). Maybe RSS will release the Lexus Lidil RC F GT3 after the Aldi :roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

Back