RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Race 1:
Slow start, drove my laps, span in the first chicane coming out of a slipstream. I was standing still in the middle of the road and Ken (I believe) couldn't avoid me and we both needed to get in for repairs. Sorry M8! As crasher went to the pit for repairs cam back almost 2 laps back. Got one of the many blue flags and let 2 cars pass me. The second was Marco... When I realised that I started hunting him again and made a move on him and could take back my position...but due to him falling back so far I thought I might have been to aggrasive? So I let him pass just before the finish.. :p

Race 2:
someone span or something in the first chicane and I couldn't avoid him as there were cars left and right of me... repairs.... 2 laps back and came back behind Lucas and Dave... I knew I would be able to catch Lucas... but when I made soem room for one of the leading cars I was just pushed of track and I could avoid a major crash :mad: My change to gain a spot was flushed down the toilet. Drove to the finish...

Thanx for everything guys! :thumbsup: Had lots of fun! :)

Cheers guys for the races yesterday. Terrible race 2 on my part causing so much mayhem and apologies for that.

Before every drills into me though :unsure: my game did minimise to desktop coming onto that straight hence the sudden dart for the barrier and then back across the track. I drove round for a further 10 laps trying to figure out the extent of the damage I had caused to the race. Once I realised the damage caused was pretty big I returned to the pit lane and ended my race.

Unfortunate luck but Im not taking points of people like that, so hopefully better luck next time

Sorry again

Dan

Don't be too hard on yourself bud, there's not much you can do about the game minimizing on you, it just couldn't have happened at a worse time on lap 1 of the reverse grid race.

Don't forget we had a good clean race 1, while it was frustrating that I couldn't overtake anywhere is was still a good clean fight on pace and YET AGAIN we finish a race within 0.070 of each other!

Hopefully the next track offers more overtaking opportunities and we can go back to scrapping like we have in the first 3 races.

Race 2 was just unfortunate, but certainly no hard feelings about it.

Cheers guys for the races yesterday. Terrible race 2 on my part causing so much mayhem and apologies for that.

Before every drills into me though :unsure: my game did minimise to desktop coming onto that straight hence the sudden dart for the barrier and then back across the track. I drove round for a further 10 laps trying to figure out the extent of the damage I had caused to the race. Once I realised the damage caused was pretty big I returned to the pit lane and ended my race.

Unfortunate luck but Im not taking points of people like that, so hopefully better luck next time

Sorry again

Dan

Yeah sorry for loosing control.2nd race was short because after i gained controll over the car,right when i was gaining some speed,someone hit me from behind probably because of smoke or something he didnt sow me or me him.Sorry for the mess :(
Grats to podium and thanks to broadcast team:thumbsup:

Don't be too hard on yourself bud, there's not much you can do about the game minimizing on you, it just couldn't have happened at a worse time on lap 1 of the reverse grid race.

Don't forget we had a good clean race 1, while it was frustrating that I couldn't overtake anywhere is was still a good clean fight on pace and YET AGAIN we finish a race within 0.070 of each other!

Hopefully the next track offers more overtaking opportunities and we can go back to scrapping like we have in the first 3 races.

Race 2 was just unfortunate, but certainly no hard feelings about it.

Race 2 was unfortunate but it still did ruin a whole bunch of drivers races

With this in mind I have reported myself but have asked if it can be taken into account that it was an unfortunate instance and I did end my own race because of this.

Glad this track is out of the way. Both club races were good fun, but I found it pretty tough to have any kind of pace, so wasn't expecting much. In the end I think I was one place short of equalling my best weekend so far!

Managed a PB in quali to end up 5th, behind the usual suspects. Got a great start (helped by Lee's bad start) and managed to edge out Tamas for 3rd out of the first corner. Got a bit of a gap on the guys behind me on the opening lap, and as everyone else scrapped I managed to pull away from the pack, while my teammate and Dan disappeared into the distance.

Eventually Lee caught me, and although in the club race I managed to turn defensive driving here into an art-form, I was too cautious and Lee got through easily enough. Was able to stick onto his bumper for a few laps, but my only hope of a podium was his kids waking up before the end of the race! That didn't happen, and I took a very happy 4th.

Race 2 was always going to be the toughest of the season from a reverse grid perspective. I was far too cautious early on, and came out of the second chicane in last place out of those that hadn't gone off in the first corners. Thankfully that turned out to be a blessing, as I narrowly missed the chaos that claimed some of the top guys on the opening lap!

The early stages of the race were very different to the reverse grids of the first three rounds, I was towards the back for a while, it's a tough track to take risks at so I took it easy. Made it to the edges of the top 10 with Lee behind me (yet again!), and although I knew it would have been in the best interests of both of us for me to let him by and follow him, my racers instinct wouldn't let me, and I cost us both some time defending. In the end he got through, and we had a good fight with Andy Pfannschmidt to the end of the race. And for I think the third time this season (and, had my engine not blown on the final lap at Interlagos, for the 4th out of 4) me and Andy were fighting for position right until the end! And again, he beat me to the line, but a 6th place was still very welcome!

Q: 5th
R1: 4th
R2: 6th

Thanks again James and Liam, and especially the top cameraman that is Bram for the broadcast!

Edit: Looking forward to seeing the up-to-date standings. As I figure it, Mark Gormley and I will be on near-identical points, without sharing the same piece of tarmac for eight races. Mad!

GRAB_002.jpg

GRAB_004.jpg

GRAB_005.jpg

GRAB_006.jpg

GRAB_007.jpg

GRAB_010.jpg

Mike and Jari, really feel bad about it. Hope to do better next race.

This was the moment I just drove into a flying wheel coming from the air. Braking up my car and race.

GRAB_006.jpg

Race 1 - Had a battle with Nik

Race 2 - Had a battle with Nik

Watched the broadcast and it was quite funny, James your a funny guy, you had me in stitches at times with your excitement and words you come out with. Keep it up both you and Liam.

On a serious note about race one. I had literally that day recieved my TH8RS and was using it but was so used to using the old one that when i engaged the 2nd gear, i engaged it on the old shifter that was not set hence me sitting reving the nuts out of first gear and getting swamped to 6th or 7tth. Once i worked out i was using the wrong shiiter i was fine. Still have the old shifter in for handbrake for rally. 2nd race was just an average start and i think on the whole i felt too cautious in both races and not my usual self but meh.

Nice battling with Nik but agree we held each other up too much.

Cheers to Dave and Bram

After the very successful races in Curitiba and Portland I was looking forward for the two races on the Londrina Circuit. I thought the characterstic of this track will comply with my driving, because it's not so hard to defend the own position here, against faster opponents. Normally I have very good first laps and gain a lot of positions in the beginning of the races, so afterwards i often have to defend my position against fasters followers.​
I started into the fist race 11th on the grid and instantly won some places on the first laps. In the second lap there was an breathtaking moment in the first chicane, as Mark Gormley got a little push under braking and crashed into the barriers. The wreck was spinning towards the apex of the chicane, right in front of me and guys around me.​
:confused:
In this scarry situation i overbreaked and the rearaxle was sliding away. Now i was heading straight towards Marks destroyed car, as I hit Remco de Wildt, who was beside me and who was also on a collision-corse with the crashed car. Curiously this contact saved us both from a big pileup as we both missed Marks car closely in a result of that. That was very big luck for both of us and a memorable situation.​
In the following laps i was climbing through the field up to the 5th position. I had no chance to follow the four cars in front of me, but had to defend my position against Lars Brugman, Tamas Foth, Javier Bernedo and Jordi Casademunt. So I was once again in the foreseen situation. I had some very busy laps with those guys behind me, making a lot of pressure. Everything went fine until to the last two laps. My tyres were overcooked then and i was falling back to the 9th place, wich was still statisfying. And actually this was some great and very fair fighting, great driving from all you guys around me. Tons of fun and adrenaline.​
:thumbsup:

The second race startet with another great first lap and i was climbing from the 22th to the 9th position. In the third lap somy guys lost a lot of momentum on the backstraight and soon we all got into an bundle of cars, hammering down to the very fast left-hander at the end of the straight. Unfortunately Samuel Fuller touched me a little bit, shortly before the braking point, lost control and ended in the barrier. I feel very sorry for you Samuel, especially because this was our second unlucky cometogether, but in this situation there was really nothing i could do to avoid it.​
:unsure:
My teammate Eric passed me in that moment, and together we made up some positions in the following laps until we got into 5th and 6th position behind Remco de Wildt and David Cuthill. After Eric had a small mistake I passed him again and I also got David some laps later. In the last laps the alien-collective appeared in my mirrors and only some moments later i had to defend hardly against Lee Ross and Nik Hughes. Both could execute their overtaing-manouvers, but somehow i managed to strike back when I got beside Nik. We had a last, breathtaking fight through the last corners. And again I succeeded and got my second top5 result this season. A big scream of pleassure disturbed my neighbours when I crossed the finishing line.​
What a fantastic race again.​
:)
Congratulations to all finishers and especially to the podium. And as usual I want to thank all organizers, the broadcasting-team (still love this show) and all contenders of this event.​
:cool:

The second race startet with another great first lap and i was climbing from the 22th to the 9th position. In the third lap somy guys lost a lot of momentum on the backstraight and soon we all got into an bundle of cars, hammering down to the very fast left-hander at the end of the straight. Unfortunately Samuel Fuller touched me a little bit, shortly before the braking point, lost control and ended in the barrier. I feel very sorry for you Samuel, especially because this was our second unlucky cometogether, but in this situation there was really nothing i could do to avoid it.​
:unsure:
My teammate Eric passed me in that moment, and together we made up some positions in the following laps until we got into 5th and 6th position behind Remco de Wildt and David Cuthill. After Eric had a small mistake I passed him again and I also got David some laps later. In the last laps the alien-collective appeared in my mirrors and only some moments later i had to defend hardly against Lee Ross and Nik Hughes. Both could execute their overtaing-manouvers, but somehow i managed to strike back when I got beside Nik. We had a last, breathtaking fight through the last corners. And again I succeeded and got my second top5 result this season. A big scream of pleassure disturbed my neighbours when I crossed the finishing line.​
What a fantastic race again.​
:)
Congratulations to all finishers and especially to the podium. And as usual I want to thank all organizers, the broadcasting-team (still love this show) and all contenders of this event.​
:cool:

Love these high def images. Brilliant for my desktop pic evey 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back