RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Race 1 was fun once it settled down after the chaos at the start, had a great battle with Eric, the last few laps were fun mate! :cool:

Race 2, had a good start off the line, some close racing again. Jordi that tap down the back straight nearly spun me! :p just about saved it and kept going, lost a couple of places after that, but 11th will do nicely.

About the start of the first race well i didn't move. I have just received a new shifter today and i engaged the 2nd gear on the old shifter at least i thought i had and just sat that reving and got swamped to about 7th place. Btw the shifter is the dogs danglies, loved it. I still have the old one on my desk for handbrake.

I think we met too many times today Nik and were slowing each other down.

About the start of the first race well i didn't move. I have just received a new shifter today and i engaged the 2nd gear on the old shifter at least i thought i had and just sat that reving and got swamped to about 7th place. Btw the shifter is the dogs danglies, loved it. I still have the old one on my desk for handbrake.

I think we met too many times today Nik and were slowing each other down.

It certainly helped make my start look even more impressive! Yeah race 2 I thought letting you through would have been better for us both, but damn racers instinct made it difficult.

Had a Horrible event this time around, did not finish a single race :( this is not like me only made it to the race with 50 second left in Quli due to had to restart my computer like a million times due to lag I was receiving in the server, after which I turn down all of my video setting to the lowest and it work but it suck, But to the other driver sorry for the crash at the start for the fans hope you had a ball:) seem the commentators did:whistling: .

I'll do a full race report tomorrow as I have to be up for work in 7 hours :(

Just a quick thanks to Bram and the broadcasting team, and to everyone that showed up!

Also used teamspeak for the first time, mostly just lurking but it was good. Came for the race talk, stayed for the Ken Hunter show!

Also also. We just watched the replay, and that first lap incident must have been the most unfortunate string of events ever to happen, hard luck to those involved, but it makes me grateful for my crap start!

After 6 action packed races I found myself out of the loop today, a retirement early in the first race meant sitting with a cup of tea watching the usual Allinson~Hughes duel up front, and a lucky getaway from the subsequent lofty race two grid position, as well as being the only car not to be impeded by the turn one incident, meant a stress free run to the line.

No idea what the hell was going on down the field in race two, there was about 15 seconds of screeching and banging and smoke, dust and dirt rising over the walls. I was wondering if you'd all given up on racing and decided to reenact the battle of Borodino instead.

Oh and thanks to Lars Brugman for the apology regarding the race one incident. Sorry I didn't reply during the event but I prefer to leave things to the civility of the forum :)

GRAB_005_zps082a1014.jpg

GRAB_006_zpsffe2991c.jpg

GRAB_004_zps6ec56c9c.jpg

GRAB_003_zps7ca15214.jpg

After 6 action packed races I found myself out of the loop today, a retirement early in the first race meant sitting with a cup of tea watching the usual Allinson~Hughes duel up front, and a lucky getaway from the subsequent lofty race two grid position, as well as being the only car not to be impeded by the turn one incident, meant a stress free run to the line.

No idea what the hell was going on down the field in race two, there was about 15 seconds of screeching and banging and smoke, dust and dirt rising over the walls. I was wondering if you'd all given up on racing and decided to reenact the battle of Borodino instead.

Oh and thanks to Lars Brugman for the apology regarding the race one incident. Sorry I didn't reply during the event but I prefer to leave things to the civility of the forum :)

GRAB_005_zps082a1014.jpg

GRAB_006_zpsffe2991c.jpg

GRAB_004_zps6ec56c9c.jpg

GRAB_003_zps7ca15214.jpg

Unfortunately after watching the replay these pictures don't tel the true story.

Disappointing 2nd race after i had a good start and made up a few positions in a few corners, 2 cars had difficulties driving straight line close to eachother, very silly... One of them spun, and as i tried to avoid him, i hit Jimi, and we both crashed out. Sorry Jimi :/

No worries at all Tamas, you were essentially avoiding a plane crash, you had no choice but to turn left. It was just unfortunate and is bound to happen when its so tightly packed and an incident occurs. I've had 3 perfect rounds up until today, my luck had to stop eventually and today it bit me. Thanks for the apology but you were not at fault at all.

Congrats to Mark Gormley for an awesome and well deserved race 2 victory, and to Dan Alinson for entertaining me in Race 1, I enjoyed chasing you, but all I could do was try to pressure a mistake, which I nearly did in Turn 2 ;)

Thanks again to Bram, James and Liam for what I'm sure is another top quality broadcast that I look forward to watching back. Cheers guys

Well guys thank you very much for physically making me tired! Gormley a very popular victory in Race 2 and as already said Jari Vinnari with move of the season in my opinion anyway :p Only two rounds to go now lets make these events brilliant and try and get numbers up again please! If you can't handle a track, learn how to handle it :)

See you at Jacarepagua or be\b\bjebjbefj\f as it is also known

Time for a report.

Qualifying: I found a lot of traffic at the beginning, I hope I didn't give people too many troubles. I finally found a good gap, and put a 1:23.7. I was 5th, but then Lee Ross managed to do a great last lap and put me in 6th. If I'm not mistaken, my best qualifying result in a full league race, although still 6 tenths slower than Dan Allinson.

Race 1: I had a good start, Lee Ross had an awful start, so I gained 1 position. Then we got to T6 (downhill left hander) and I didn't notice Mark Gormley was right behind me, so I moved left to take the corner and I tapped him. I lost control, and hit Tamás Fóth. I'm really sorry about it. I waited for him, but went from 4th to 11th, right behind Remco de Wildt. I saw in my mirrors the multiple accident at the first chicane in lap 3, that was scary. I tapped David Cuthill the next lap in the same chicane (sorry) but nothing serious happened. After the got the car sideways in T6 and Remco went into pits, I was 9th. After some fighting, I managed to pass Lars Brugman in the chicane (I don't know how that worked, but I'm so glad it did) for 6th position. After that, I "just" kept him behind (not an easy task) and tried to hunt Tamás, but I didn't have enough time to catch him. So 6th, best result so far in RDMCC right now.

Race 2: I had a pretty good launch, and after all the incidents in front I was 20th in the back straight. Then I saw the racing equvalent of Mickey Mouse punching a T.Rex in the middle of NYC. Dan Allinson took out Dinca Andrei in the middle of the straight (he was tapped? Seems like it from the replay). Dinca lost control, ended up sideways in the track, and I ended up hitting him. I hit Lee Ross (who was besides me, a bit behind) but he didn't seem to take too much damage. I cut T6 and T7 through the grass, let enough people through (perhaps too many) and then realized the car was a bit sucky. Bit of steering bent, I couldn't feel the car properly in the left hand corners, and I think I lost some grip in right hand corners. I got to 20th after passing Dan Allinson, who had slowed down in the pit straight (to let someone through?). Trying to go for a gap that definitely didn't exist, I tapped Jari Vinnari in the last corner (sorry!), although it wasn't anything serious.

I tapped him again before the chicane (sorry) and then I let Dan Allinson through because I was scared that he'd maul me against a wall in the back straight :D No, seriously, I just throught he'd create an opportunity to pass Jari Vinnari, and I couldn't hope to keep him behind me, so I just let him through. It didn't work too well, and I was ahead of him again. I tried to go for a risky pass on Scott Webber at T6, but he closed the door and I got hit. He waited for me, and Dan Allinson passed him too. I passed Ken Hunter in the back straight, then I passed MArco Bijl for 12th, after Dan Stephenson had to retire. After some laps I managed to pass Javier Bernedo and Neil Harvey, after Neil went offtrack and ended up slowing down Javier. And that was it, I brought the car home in 10th, which seemed unlikely after the first lap and how the car felt.

Jordi that tap down the back straight nearly spun me! just about saved it and kept going, lost a couple of places after that, but 11th will do nicely.

I can tell you that was Javier, not me. I was quite far behind, so I couldn't have hit you, unless I'm a Jedi. Which I am, but that's not what we are discussing here, is it? :ninja:

Anyway, congratulations to Mark Gormley for his win, to everybody in the podiums, and to anyone to had fun in this race. I can tell you I did, even if both my races had a first lap incident, one my fault, and one I could have avoided if I just turned the wheel to the left half of a degree more :mad: The track didn't help, I felt it was harder to overtake than in Vanport. Still, I got good points (maybe the best overall in the races we've done), so it's been probably my best friday since the league started.

Thanks a lot to Bram Hengeveld, the broadcast team, Racedepartment.com and everyone who turned up for this race, I hope we can have great ones in Jacarepagua and Taruma.

See you all in 2 weeks! :roflmao:

Edit: Thank you, Ken Hunter! ;)

Cheers guys for the races yesterday. Terrible race 2 on my part causing so much mayhem and apologies for that.

Before every drills into me though :unsure: my game did minimise to desktop coming onto that straight hence the sudden dart for the barrier and then back across the track. I drove round for a further 10 laps trying to figure out the extent of the damage I had caused to the race. Once I realised the damage caused was pretty big I returned to the pit lane and ended my race.

Unfortunate luck but Im not taking points of people like that, so hopefully better luck next time

Sorry again

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back