RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well having done the club race last night on the Londrina short circuit I think the first chicane could be a big issue with 40+ cars as it really is a no overtaking zone, albeit at the end of a straight where slipstream encourages cars to go side by side. It is possible to get 2 cars through there safely when you are racing guys you trust, but I think it might be asking for trouble when we all go barrelling into there.

Personally I think the circuit flows a lot better than the long circuit in terms of driving, but I think the Long circuit will be safer to race around and offer a much better overtaking opportunity at the end of the straight.

Just my feedback on the matter

I'd second that. Also it's quite easy to cut the first chicane and gain a ton of time, which will be hard to monitor with 40 cars on the track in qualifying. Long version cuts out the possibility of cutting, whilst allowing a better chance (albeit still difficult) of overtaking.

It's defo a tricky one, I would be inclined to go for the short version rather than the long. My reasons for this choice are:

1) Short version everybody is aware that the chicane is a tricky one and hopefully with that in mind would take a little more care like the Hairpin @ Macau. I have also done a few events at this circuit and the contact has been minimal through there

2)The longer version I feel on that extension is going to see alot more off's due to you being able to carry a little more speed for longer round the turn. Unfortuntely there are no barriers in the middle of the track to collect anyone spinning across the track. Which would mean potentialy somone could be wiped out of the race on the opposite side without being able to do anything about it.

On the other note I am happy with what ever choice is made but I do favour the short one fore the above reason.

I think the off camber downhill out the back of the track will be the most interesting corner of the event and that one is on both versions :)

w000t! Finally! A race day I actually have off work for preparation. Although current form shows I seem to fair better when I don't have a lot of time, I'm planning on disproving the rule this week.

I think the off camber downhill out the back of the track will be the most interesting corner of the event and that one is on both versions :)

Love that corner. You can pull epic passes off down there it a few different ways too. Side-by-side entry is major hairy for the outside car as well as dangerous but you can set other moves up for the exit/next turn without putting yourself in too crappy position.

-----
@Bram, Opening the thread?

This week I still cannot drive, I am recovering from heavy desease, I hope to race within 2 weeks again, I hope you all have fun, I watched the last race live and it was fun to see, to bad I got sick I miss the Mini's.

I had to miss the last 2 rounds due to a personal emergency and then a hard drive failure both on tracks I like :(. Now I'm back I've tried practicing at Londrinia and all I can say is I'm dreading Friday night!!!

I cannot get along with this track at all. It looks nice and should be fun, but the Mini seems to behave horribly in the braking area for the first chicane and I can't get it right no matter how many times I try!!!

I either go in under control, but far too slow or I try to brake at a later spot and it just switches ends on me:confused:. I'll have to hope I can get on server early enough to try and follow someone, but at the moment this track seems to playing too the traits of the Mini that I don't like:unsure:.

I cannot get along with this track at all. It looks nice and should be fun, but the Mini seems to behave horribly in the braking area for the first chicane and I can't get it right no matter how many times I try!!!
Do you have ABS on? Also trailbraking is key with these cars. Apply a fair bit of throttle while you are on the brakes and balance the car with it.

• You are allowed to run wide on the run off after the second chicane
Oh, that's unexpected. I was doing my best to stay away from the run off.

Time to relearn that evil corner.

By the way, no mention of the layout? Although, since it says second chicane, I suppose it's the short version. (Or does the long version corner also count as a chicane?)

Edit: Vanport wasn't challenging. It's was friggin' nuts.

Prediction time!

If it's the long layout, pole might be mid 1:28s.

If it's the short layout, low 1:23s? Perhaps even into 1:22.

Also, someone is going to go sideways in the second chicane. Repeatedly. And a Mini Cooper might or might not win this race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back