RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mark Gormley
I just want to apologize once more for the incident from race one.
I didn't want to hit you, I even didn't want to pass anybody in this turn. After changing the raceline to have a better look for my brakepoint, I just was focused on it. Unfortunately I saw your brakelights to late and after hitting the brake I went on the gras trying to avoid an incident. After this moment I just was a spectator of what happend next, and it didn't went well.
I'm realy sorry.

Have this sprayed yellow and sent to me and we'll call it even :p:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-R56-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33792eeaac

Only joking mate ;) I didn't really think much about it at the time as I'd thought you and Dave had just hooked up under braking; it was obvious you were out of control. I think you'd probably have gotten it stopped in time if you'd kept straight and rattled it down the gears a bit rougher, but no worries, and thanks for the apology :)

It would be handy to know what track I am setting my fuel to in the next round. I will have some spare time this week and would like to do some testing as next week I am going to be busy with work. Would hate to turn up to the race unprepared.

It would be handy to know what track I am setting my fuel to in the next round. I will have some spare time this week and would like to do some testing as next week I am going to be busy with work. Would hate to turn up to the race unprepared.
Testing is not allowed this week :coffee: . Not until I have a new SSD since the "old" one died 2 day's ago :cry: . Getting a new one within 24 hours, reinstall W7 :speechless: . So testing is not allowed until I have a new setting up and running. ;)

I dont think the 20 meter difference between layouts will affect fuel to much. Myself i prefer the short layout with the chicane, but i know some people dont. This is why i set up club events for both layouts. This way i can get some feedback of how many prefer which layout.

Fuel wise, there shouldn't be a noticeable difference, I think.

In Vanport there was, because the chicane cuts the long straight in half and slows the time per lap quite a bit, so you do a few less laps without consuming more per lap.

But here, that part is quite slow in both layouts, so fuel should be close. If it's really going to be a problem to you, I'd expect 25 mins+1 lap of the short layout to use more fuel than the long layout.

Anyway, I'll probably end up using 26L like in most other races (Vanport was the exception, and I think I had plenty left anyway).

Done some laps of the long track, I think I prefer it. Both have the potential to get it horribly wrong, but the long track presents a better overtaking opportunity.

We have received a few incident reports. Some have been looked at already, others will be taken care off on Monday so please if you have something to report do it before this day.

fellow addicts, i have bad news, for me at least, i will not be able to race fridays anymore, for at least 4 months (February-March 2013) i am so excited, i could crap on my boss's head...twice!!! sorry guys, but there is nothing i can do, unless i quit my job, but thats not an option, i need money... good luck to all of you, and thx for the awsome fights @Lee Ross, @Nik Hughes

fellow addicts, i have bad news, for me at least, i will not be able to race fridays anymore, for at least 4 months (February-March 2013) i am so excited, i could crap on my boss's head...twice!!! sorry guys, but there is nothing i can do, unless i quit my job, but thats not an option, i need money... good luck to all of you, and thx for the awsome fights @Lee Ross, @Nik Hughes

Wrong Hughes, but thanks :p

This thread is too quiet, so here's a few pictures from Vanport. Been procrastinating tinkering with my skin to get my Mini fix, since I can't practice until I get home on Friday.

GRAB_000_zpsb0e8499b.jpg

GRAB_001_zpsa953286c.jpg

GRAB_002_zps88e630c6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back