RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cry::cry::cry: <- Sums up my race.

Qualified down in P13 but I knew my race pace should be better. I found myself in P11 after half a lap, but quickly dropped down to 17th after a mistake all of myself. My traffic management was abominable at times, resulting in me getting cuts, and of course penalties (I sincerely hope I didn't cause any major issues to anyone in terms of getting cuts, or worse, damage) . One I collected myself I started to run pace good enough for top 5 when, out of the blue, I got a "connection lost" from the server! I never dropped off TeamSpeak, no lag, just a drop. Rejoined but now of course some 5 laps down. After nearly a full stint, the second "connection lost"! After once again rejoining, now 10 laps down I was lapping real good pace. I then suffered a puncture on the left rear, causing me to spin out on pit entry, getting my car stuck...

I had drove for over 3 hours at that point, and my "drive" to keep going was gone completely. At the time, my teammates were not around, so I made the call to retire the car :cry: .

It's against my nature, and I'm really upset that, even though I had no control about the "connection lost" issues, I let my team down :(:cry:

If I raced my real car like some of the P2 drivers I would not be here today. The idea of racing is NOT TO HIT THE OTHER CARS. Dive bombing GT cars is absolute CR*P. Passing into the last corner is stupid, passing entering Maggots is stupid. Some P@ drivers need a lesson. I am very upset and GT cars can not just disappear. Take your time. It is betterto loose a few seconds than a few laps fixing damage..... just take more care when passing. I watched before my stint and even during my stint I could not believe the passes. The last one that put the P2 in the wall and broke the nose off I laughed all the way to the finish since it was moved like that, that cause the wrecks.

Also the track limits when jumping out of the way of the overly aggressive P2 cars and giving penalty was absurd.

Last edited:
If I raced my real car like some of the P2 drivers I would not be here today. The idea of racing is NOT TO HIT THE OTHER CARS. Dive bombing GT cars is absolute CR*P. Passing into the last corner is stupid, passing entering Maggots is stupid. Some P@ drivers need a lesson. I am very upset and GT cars can not just disappear. Take your time. It is betterto loose a few seconds than a few laps fixing damage..... just take more care when passing. I watched before my stint and even during my stint I could not believe the passes. The last one that put the P2 in the wall and broke the nose off I laughed all the way to the finish since it was moved like that, that cause the wrecks.
Agreed, but from a P2 (patient one ;)) point of view, sometimes the GTs should use their mirrors a bit more often. When having overlap being turned into isn't the best thing either.

i want to say a massive thanks to the organisers. i wasnt happy with my personal race today but was quicker than last race due to no issues with driver swaps.

we did a drive thru which we shouldnt have had to but got shocked and didn't challenge it.
from there on, our engineers worked with stewards to remove the mass of cutting penalties. they must be exhausted but good job.

i also think the stewards were great to issue penalties to the p2 cars who took me or my teammate off track. they were fair and will hopefully act as a deterent.
i must say, i know the track is bigger than last, but other than a couple of crazy p2s who took me and mark out and cost us around 20 seconds, most p2s were really patient and smart this round.

its simple really. the smart guys dont overtake in the S section when there is a long straight round the corner. a better exit will usually win the time back anyway. if you were one of the p2 guys who got frustrated but still waited, you are smart and have my thanks. i know most gte drivers try to stick to the racing line - not to be awkward, but to be predicatble. so thanks again.

this is a team event. i feel part of a great team and around lots of other respectful racers and a great team of organisers. this sideshow of virtual racing makes the rest of my life that much brighter. thank you is not enough.
cheers !

Also the track limits when jumping out of the way of the overly aggressive P2 cars and giving penalty was absurd.

mate you're <snip> (not thinking straight), left a whole lane open, the gt behind you was polite enough to back down, you just had to lift a bit and let it go, but you had to race a p2 WHILE YOU WHERE LAST IN A GT.
i was catching the p2 ahead of me (3 secs ahead and catching) and i couldnt afford staying 15 seconds behind you cuz you cant move. im all for safety but if you lose your line dont try to race back up if you have 0 awareness. you were the only car that gave us issues all the time <snip>

mod edited for politeness, cut the abuse please

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! Keep calm, respect & simracing... ;)

Well, good race for our both cars in general terms. Some strategy fail at the end but... it's racing.

No 'Ghost driver bug' today :), but yes final ratio change after first driver swap.

Finally, in World of SimRacing name, thanks RD, thanks Daiman and all drivers & teams!

Well... An interesting round it was...

Pre-Race we spent a bit of time on the car and it felt good and tirelife was great (2 stints to wear out Hards for me for example) so felt like we could have a nice event.

Come raceday we had issues although it started well with Last in Qual like we hoped for for the start. Sadly that didn't help us due to outside stuff but it was what it was.

Just before we were to make our 1st pitstop and swap from Michael to me, Michael suffered a Connection Lost to the server while still being in TS :unsure:

This made us alter our strategy so he stayed in the car for another 40 minutes until there were about 4 hours left and then I jumped into the car without any further issues at that point.

Fastforward about 10 laps and I had Dan Long behind me and as he wanted to go around the outside between Maggots and Beckets I broke earlier than usual but the car hadn't settled yet so it snapped the weight the other way and I lost all grip. Was in a bit slide and almost saved it but ran out of space and made contact with Dan and then span off after first having straightened out due to the contact, again sorry Dan :redface:

Rejoined and enjoyed a good 14 or so laps and then I had a P2 car behind me coming through Beckets who went right to go around the outside so kept it relatively tight but didn't notice the other P2 car wanting to take advantage of to small a hole between me and the P2 to my right resulting in interlocked wheels which sent me into the left side barriers just under the bridge on Hangar, impact was not nice to have to go through... :sick:

Got going having, amazingly considering the speed at the point of impact, only sustained front split damage. Spent 3 laps going around feeling out the car and thinking through possible strategies and in the end pitted for repairs and softer tires.
Came out in 37th a lap behind everyone ahead but bent my head down and activated hunting mode.

The tires held on well, they lasted nearly 55 minutes and allowed me to do Car PB's and PB's for the whole month which was very nice to see.

When I handed over to Roy we had gained a lap and over a minute extra on the guy closest ahead with also having passed one competitor (sorry, don't know your team-name so leaving it out...) and around 40 second on the 2nd nearest ahead :confused:

Roy drove a great 2 stints and gained us another 3 positions so considering the issues we had we are happy with 15th in class. Here's hoping we are able to stay out of trouble at Le Mans.

Cheers, thank you to everyone (competitors, comms and organisers) and see you all in a few weeks time :)

Last edited:
Fun race overall! First of all great work by commentary team, camera guys, Admins, race control etc etc.

So ya was good racing from everyone! Was trying out DX11 for the first time in race trim and had a little issue.. But ya we had no answer for fighting feeder today but glad we could at least get 2nd.

GT wise everyone was much better than interlagos! Ok had problems with a certain one but sure wouldn't be a normal race if they didn't cause problems.. Like from what I could see they parked on pit entry for 3 laps? Didn't look like they parked on the grass either.. Could be wrong. But annnnyway!

Le Mans next :D which makes my next 3 sim racing races all Le Mans! :D

Fun race overall! First of all great work by commentary team, camera guys, Admins, race control etc etc.

So ya was good racing from everyone! Was trying out DX11 for the first time in race trim and had a little issue.. But ya we had no answer for fighting feeder today but glad we could at least get 2nd.

GT wise everyone was much better than interlagos! Ok had problems with a certain one but sure wouldn't be a normal race if they didn't cause problems.. Like from what I could see they parked on pit entry for 3 laps? Didn't look like they parked on the grass either.. Could be wrong. But annnnyway!

Le Mans next :D which makes my next 3 sim racing races all Le Mans! :D
I was just going to ask whether anyone had used dx11. Was it a major problem or something that fixed itself? Were all in your team using dx11 or was someone using dx9 as well?

Well done to everyone on the podiums :) well done to our team SpeedyMite racing especially, p5 is a great effort :thumbsup:

I was just going to ask whether anyone had used dx11. Was it a major problem or something that fixed itself? Were all in your team using dx11 or was someone using dx9 as well?

Well done to everyone on the podiums :) well done to our team SpeedyMite racing especially, p5 is a great effort :thumbsup:

I used DX11 and Max used dx9. Driver swap worked perfect.
Had problem where I had to turn off mirrors.. My graphic card for some reason was being worked way too hard.. Cpu wasn't stressed at all! Which is weird as it's usually other way around. So maybe some tweaking and it be race ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back