RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Servers appeared to be back up bot are gone again now xD
The servers have now been restarted, and resources have been updated; if you have subscribed to the Steam Workshop group then the updates should be downloaded and installed automatically, else they will be downloaded via GetMod when you login to the server, or alternatively you can acquire the files via direct download links in the opening post of the event thread. An announcement about the updates shall be made shortly.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused by this unforeseen downtime.

IMPORTANT!

A new version of the Silverstone circuit - v1.02 - has now been released for Round 2 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro. Thanks to the feedback that we have received over the past few weeks, including suggestions following the Round 1 event at Interlagos, a number of amendments and improvements have been made to the customised track mod. The most significant adjustment has been made to the "cut corridors" and cut detection windows; these have been widened to reduce the likelihood of false positives, and there should now be more room for error, though the standard RaceDepartment rules are still in effect. Warnings and penalties can be avoided by briefly lifting off the accelerator as you return to the circuit, before reapplying the throttle when the car is back within the legal bounds of the track. Further changes include the specification of individual garages and pit boxes for each car, and reduction of the haze and fog effects at sunrise and sunset. Also additional sponsor logos have been added around the circuit on advertisement boards and gantries.

Furthermore, an updated version of the custom car / skin pack - v2.0 - has also been released. This contains all of the submissions that have been received and processed to date, and all of the liveries for Round 2 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro.

As a result of these updated files being released sooner than expected there shall no longer be any downtime for maintenance tonight, though there may be a brief outage between 06:00 and 08:00 GMT tomorrow morning so that servers can be updated and restarted if necessary following today's scheduled rFactor 2 update.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the updated resources will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions. Alternatively the resources can be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod, when you login to the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R2 or RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY). The component files can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 2: Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

The Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone, is now just under 2 weeks away. The action begins on Saturday 13th May, with Official Practice commencing at 11:00 GMT, GT Qualifying at 11:40 GMT and Prototype Qualifying at 12:15 GMT, before the green flag is waved and the Race begins at approximately 13:00 GMT. More information can be found here. And remember that a live broadcast, including commentary, will be available throughout the race, for all 5 remaining rounds of the series.

Meanwhile, the submission deadline for new and updated skin files to be included in the next version of the custom car / skin pack (v3.0) is Friday 9th June, and the component file shall be released on Saturday 10th June, 2 weeks prior to the third race of the season. I would like to take this opportunity to remind all teams that updated skins can now be submitted for Round 3 of the championship.

In the meantime, best of luck to all teams with testing and training, and we look forward to seeing you for Round 2 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro on Saturday 13th May.

IMPORTANT!

A new version of the Silverstone circuit - v1.02 - has now been released for Round 2 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro. Thanks to the feedback that we have received over the past few weeks, including suggestions following the Round 1 event at Interlagos, a number of amendments and improvements have been made to the customised track mod. The most significant adjustment has been made to the "cut corridors" and cut detection windows; these have been widened to reduce the likelihood of false positives, and there should now be more room for error, though the standard RaceDepartment rules are still in effect. Warnings and penalties can be avoided by briefly lifting off the accelerator as you return to the circuit, before reapplying the throttle when the car is back within the legal bounds of the track. Further changes include the specification of individual garages and pit boxes for each car, and reduction of the haze and fog effects at sunrise and sunset. Also additional sponsor logos have been added around the circuit on advertisement boards and gantries.

Furthermore, an updated version of the custom car / skin pack - v2.0 - has also been released. This contains all of the submissions that have been received and processed to date, and all of the liveries for Round 2 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro.

As a result of these updated files being released sooner than expected there shall no longer be any downtime for maintenance tonight, though there may be a brief outage between 06:00 and 08:00 GMT tomorrow morning so that servers can be updated and restarted if necessary following today's scheduled rFactor 2 update.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the updated resources will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions. Alternatively the resources can be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod, when you login to the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R2 or RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY). The component files can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 2: Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

The Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone is now just under 2 weeks away. The action begins on Saturday 13th May, with Official Practice commencing at 11:00 GMT, GT Qualifying at 11:40 GMT and Prototype Qualifying at 12:15 GMT, before the green flag is waved and the Race begins at approximately 13:00 GMT. More information can be found here. And remember that a live broadcast, including commentary, will be available throughout the race, for all 5 remaining rounds of the series.

Meanwhile, the submission deadline for new and updated skin files to be included in the next version of the custom car / skin pack (v3.0) is Friday 9th June, and the component file shall be released on Saturday 10th June, 2 weeks prior to the third race of the season. I would like to take this opportunity to remind all teams that updated skins can now be submitted for Round 3 of the championship.

In the meantime, best of luck to all teams with testing and training, and we look forward to seeing you for Round 2 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro on Saturday 13th May.

Just tried the DX11 Version @Daiman Patel.

With the officialy updated content from Studio 397 everything runs fine. FPS are a bit lower then before but as stated by S397 it is a BETA and I am sure more optimisation work is coming towards us in the next days and weeks. :)

Looking at the RDLMS and EnduMod stuff I can't say it is working fine or at all. Under the same weather conditions, same track, same daytime, same amount of AI cars etc. I get a maximum up 10 FPS when starting at the back of the pack with 30 cars and 20 of them visible (compared to 50-60 FPS when doing the same scenary with the S397 Nissan GT500 car). No big changes (2-10 FPS) when I adjust the GFX-Settings. Tried a sh**ton of different settings. Also different drivers.

From my point of view DX11 can't be recommended for now, for RDLMS League use. As long as we don't get new shaders etc. from the Enduguys I assume it won't be ready anyway. Bad luck as it looks a lot better in DX11 especially the lighting.

Before I forget here are my Systemspecs: NV Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Core i5 4760K @ 4,0 GHZ, 8Gig Ram Kingston Hyper X, Win 10 Pro 64Bit and Triples @ 5760x1080.

If anyone has a clue how to get the performance up for the EnduMod/RDLMS mod please share it with us/me! :D

Cheers Max

One question will be then with the build1108 for the race or will we use the new update?
Technically there is no new build - yesterday's release, which introduced DX11 and VR, is simply an update for Build 1108. The servers remain compatible with all clients running this build, regardless of whether players have installed the update or not. Therefore it does not matter if you decide to continue using DX9, or upgrade to use DX11 (and / or VR) - you will still be able to access the server for testing / training as well as the race.

However, we shall make a recommendation later on this week regarding the use of DX11 (and VR) for Round 2 of the RDLMS. Our plan is to conduct internal testing, and analyse the feedback received not only from RDLMS participants but also the rFactor 2 community as a whole, before a statement is issued. We would like to ensure all league members have a working, stable game, that ideally runs without issues, and based on all of the information and reactions that I have seen thus far from those who have tested / are testing the DX11 upgrade my current advice would be to continue using DX9 (which is probably not surprising). As I have said, an official announcement will be made towards the end of this week; this shall only be a suggestion, so you are free to make your own decision, but ultimately our guidance will be for the best interests of your team and the league as a whole.

Just tried the DX11 Version @Daiman Patel.

With the officialy updated content from Studio 397 everything runs fine. FPS are a bit lower then before but as stated by S397 it is a BETA and I am sure more optimisation work is coming towards us in the next days and weeks. :)

Looking at the RDLMS and EnduMod stuff I can't say it is working fine or at all. Under the same weather conditions, same track, same daytime, same amount of AI cars etc. I get a maximum up 10 FPS when starting at the back of the pack with 30 cars and 20 of them visible (compared to 50-60 FPS when doing the same scenary with the S397 Nissan GT500 car). No big changes (2-10 FPS) when I adjust the GFX-Settings. Tried a sh**ton of different settings. Also different drivers.

From my point of view DX11 can't be recommended for now, for RDLMS League use. As long as we don't get new shaders etc. from the Enduguys I assume it won't be ready anyway. Bad luck as it looks a lot better in DX11 especially the lighting.

Before I forget here are my Systemspecs: NV Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Core i5 4760K @ 4,0 GHZ, 8Gig Ram Kingston Hyper X, Win 10 Pro 64Bit and Triples @ 5760x1080.

If anyone has a clue how to get the performance up for the EnduMod/RDLMS mod please share it with us/me! :D

Cheers Max
Thank you very much for your feedback Max. :)

Based on all of the comments that I have seen so far the consensus seems to be the same on the whole (not everyone is experiencing problems, but there are a number of people who are dealing with fairly significant issues), therefore my recommendation at the moment for all RDLMS participants (even those for whom the DX11 upgrade is currently working) would be to continue using DX9. We shall monitor the situation over the next few days, to see if there is anymore information and help (or maybe even a software update) from Studio 397 or other community members who may discover a combination of settings that result in better performance. Nevertheless the likelihood is that the official advice will be to use DX9 for Round 2 of the championship; we shall make an announcement before the end of the week.

Further guidance shall be provided for subsequent rounds based on the state of the game (and specifically the DX11 upgrade) when the time comes.

Same here the ISI contents plus trackd work fine on dx11 with a lower fps than normal around 60ish max. Tried 3rd party tracks and cars like the enduracers and px1 egt mod which SRC use and get a massive fps hit fown to single digits on grid or in pits. It picks up a bit when it gets moving but nowhere near the 100+ i had on dx9. Also plugins don't work either. I am sticking with dx9 for now until it gets optmized more. I do have a beefy enough pc
Specs i think are in my sig
Intel i7 2600 @3.8ghz
2.5TBg HDD
16gigs memory
Asus Nvidia1060gtx 6gig gtx card

Another Enduracers screw up here. All other content works maxed out above 60 fps, while with Enduracers cars I never get anything above 20.

Also, if the skins could be updated on all teams (including TDR ones here) to Albedo rules it would be great. As the car basically becomes a light source with over saturated colors. Not that it matters much now as Enduracers content is completely incompatible with DX11.

And what a good looking game on DX11!

Why are prototypes allowed to leave the pits at halfway point during the switch over period (32.5 minutes after session start)?
This way they would get basically 2.5 minutes extra to complete laps, since they could supposedly open a lap sooner than the GTs can, as we are only allowed to leave the pits when the session countdown starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back