RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDLMS Content at the Workshop gone? Atleast all my content is :O_o:
Hmmm, that sounds very strange. :O_o: Content in the Steam Workshop group was updated the other day, but certainly not removed. Have you experienced the same with any other Workshop items for rFactor 2, and made sure that you are still subscribed to the group? I can't imagine that the DX11 upgrade has had any effect on Workshop content. You could maybe trying unsubscribing and resubscribing to the group. But before you do this maybe @Gijs van Elderen could provide some input and advice.

Apologies for this issue. If it persists you can always download the content from the server for the time being (there are also direct download links to the custom car / skin pack in the General Information and Round 2: Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone threads), which I appreciate may not be ideal but it will at least allow you to access the server while the problem (and its cause) is determined.

Are you planning to update the upcoming tracks to DX11 standards? I guess it is to much work for Gijs, if he would do it, but worth a question :)
@Matheus Machado Guess every team itself have to update their skins. Not much what Daiman or staff can do about it. Decrease Post Effects to medium or lower. Marcel said Post Effects above medium are only necessary for broadcasts or Screenshots.

Are you planning to update the upcoming tracks to DX11 standards?
Yes, The RDLMS Silverstone is Post FX ready. :)
DX11 standard means: Controle the Post Effect bloom with the albedo median. But this was also needed for DX9 to avoid "overexposure" (aka washout colors). Basically nothing changed. ;)

Guess every team itself have to update their skins.
The EnduroRacers mods makes use of a few custom shaders which they need to update.
At the moment the car body will only show the T1 diffuse stage in DX11. No Sun Reflections/specular and no environment reflection to tame the diffuse reflectance.
Technical ==> This creates a high diffuse reflectance which result in the "glow" effect you see.

I recommend to stay and create your skins with the normal DX9 build for "official" events, until DX11 and EnduRacers is ready.

You can always opt in "DX11-open-beta" and check it out. To revert back: select: "None - opt out of all betas"

Guess every team itself have to update their skins. Not much what Daiman or staff can do about it. Decrease Post Effects to medium or lower. Marcel said Post Effects above medium are only necessary for broadcasts or Screenshots
I'm just asking that some kind of control is set up for glow skins. Just to not blindfold other cars by using 255 colors.

Yes, The RDLMS Silverstone is Post FX ready. :)
DX11 standard means: Controle the Post Effect bloom with the albedo median. But this was also needed for DX9 to avoid "overexposure" (aka washout colors). Basically nothing changed. ;)

The EnduroRacers mods makes use of a few custom shaders which they need to update.
At the moment the car body will only show the T1 diffuse stage in DX11. No Sun Reflections/specular and no environment reflection to tame the diffuse reflectance.
Technical ==> This creates a high diffuse reflectance which result in the "glow" effect you see.

I recommend to stay and create your skins with the normal DX9 build for "official" events, until DX11 and EnduRacers is ready.

You can always opt in "DX11-open-beta" and check it out. To revert back: select: "None - opt out of all betas"

Aren't the overglow means it isn't DX11 ready? The higher I set the Post Effects the more glow the white parts in sunshine. If I set it to medium it is not that overglowing. I will stay at the DX11 build. The more informations we get the better it is for the development :)

Has anyone been able to get Enduracers to work with DX11?
On lowest settings, frames drop outrageously when other cars are being rendered. Other content and mods have been working slightly worse or even better than on DX9.

Feedbacks from any sort of system specs are welcome, specially ones equipped with GTX 970s or similar.

Yeah my frames drop to between 26 and 30 with multi class enduracers on silverstone. With the updated usf2000 I get around 80 with the same settings.

My specs are I7 2600k, gtx 970, 16gb ram and I use triples. This is with post effects on low and level 1 aliasing with mostly medium to low graphical settings. I haven't tried with the effects off yet.

Has anyone been able to get Enduracers to work with DX11?
On lowest settings, frames drop outrageously when other cars are being rendered. Other content and mods have been working slightly worse or even better than on DX9.

Feedbacks from any sort of system specs are welcome, specially ones equipped with GTX 970s or similar.

A message from Enduracers on Facebook:

The team is aware of the situation. We are currently discussing the best way to go internally. We were not supposed to release any new builds soon, but we can not let you use the mod with graphic lacks without enjoying the benefits of the DX11 move. We will keep you informed when our decision is made.

A message from Enduracers on Facebook:

The team is aware of the situation. We are currently discussing the best way to go internally. We were not supposed to release any new builds soon, but we can not let you use the mod with graphic lacks without enjoying the benefits of the DX11 move. We will keep you informed when our decision is made.
I've seen that message, but I want to find out if someone was able to sort it out.

Yeah my frames drop to between 26 and 30 with multi class enduracers on silverstone. With the updated usf2000 I get around 80 with the same settings.

My specs are I7 2600k, gtx 970, 16gb ram and I use triples. This is with post effects on low and level 1 aliasing with mostly medium to low graphical settings. I haven't tried with the effects off yet.
PP effects didn't change a single frame. Setting everything to low doubled the frames from 17 to 34. Also max frames reached 90 when alone in the track.

Hello I have problem with screen freezes. During one lap I have about 2 freezes at all circuit (random). I never have something like that before. PC specs are ok, it's like track issue for me
I didn't change anything. DX9
Right, OK - this sounds like a rather strange issue. Just to confirm, this problem occurs at all circuits and not just Silverstone - is that correct? What are your graphics settings? If you have not done so already, I would recommend clearing out the CBash and Shaders folders (you can just delete both directories, and the game will recreate them). You could also press 'Ctrl + C' whilst driving to bring up the in-game GPU and CPU monitor; keep an eye on this, especially when a freeze occurs, to determine if a CPU spike is potentially causing the issue. Does the problem occur on every lap, or just the first? And does the display freeze at certain points on the track or is this completely random? Also have you noticed any general drops in FPS, as this could potentially be indicative of a failing HDD? I know several people who experienced low FPS and freezes, and upon running 'chkdsk' they found that their drive had a large number of bad sectors. Finally (for now), for how long does each freeze last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back