RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the sake of simplicity and consistency, the virtual start time of all races shall be 1pm, unless stated otherwise in the opening post of the corresponding event thread, and time acceleration will always be "normal" (i.e. x1) for official events. I can confirm that the in-game time at the start of the race, for Round 1, shall be 1pm. :thumbsup:
could i ask then as this was on my mind and forgot...if the virtual/in game time is 1pm in brazil and you are using real life weather plugin...will it produce weather at real time in brazil i.e 10am there or will it be based on the forecast for 1pm in brazil?:O_o:

could i ask then as this was on my mind and forgot...if the virtual/in game time is 1pm in brazil and you are using real life weather plugin...will it produce weather at real time in brazil i.e 10am there or will it be based on the forecast for 1pm in brazil?:O_o:
We will always use current, local weather data, provided by Wunderground, regardless of the in-game time; by going to the Wunderground site and searching for Interlagos you will see that the weather conditions on the server matches those being recorded by one of the stations in the area. We have opted for real-time weather because synchronising it with the in-game time is not possible as far as I'm aware, and though forecast data can be downloaded and fed into the system it will not update as the real world forecast changes thus this option is actually no different to scripted weather.

The reason why we have chosen to always use 1pm as the in-game start time for the race is because it's a sensible constant; if we decided to use the real world time then the race at Fuji, for example, would start at 10pm in-game. For consistency and a sense of realism (in terms race start times for real life endurance races), we would like races to commence in daylight, and for darkness to fall either midway through or towards the end of each event.

Last edited:
Hi Drivers,Team Managers:)

We are almost there just a few more i'm missing. I need you're real name from the teams listed below.
You can send them via PM to me. THX!:)

#23 Wild Weasel | Ligier JS P2 Judd | @alilong, @AOD_TheGorilla12, @aubreyorion, @neruxxx

#104 Racing Club Endurance Team | Aston Martin Vantage | @Oscar F, @praxtonio, @Gabriel Caride, @elkrack2, @Ivan Aviñoá
#116 FFT Corse | Aston Martin Vantage |@Amedeo Fiorella, @Alen Terzić, @Nicolo'

For teams not listed above please check HERE if your drivers line-up for the season is still accurate.
If not let me know. Thank you!:)

*Received team names

Last edited:
I have been preparing for this race in terms of strategy and even setup, thinking this was a 6 hour race. Only a day or 2 ago I was looking at our event calendar and came to the realization it's in fact a 12 hour race. :D Oopsie :D

Hi Drivers,Team Managers:)

We are almost there just a few more i'm missing. I need you're real name from the teams listed below.
You can send them via PM to me. THX!:)

#23 Wild Weasel | Ligier JS P2 Judd | @alilong, @AOD_TheGorilla12, @aubreyorion, @neruxxx

#104 Racing Club Endurance Team | Aston Martin Vantage | @Oscar F, @praxtonio, @Gabriel Caride, @elkrack2, @Ivan Aviñoá
#116 FFT Corse | Aston Martin Vantage |@Amedeo Fiorella, @Alen Terzić, @Nicolo'

For teams not listed above please check HERE if your drivers line-up for the season is still accurate.
If not let me know. Thank you!:)

*Received team names
real names are in the first page of this thread in our team application.
also on our forum profiles too :p

IMPORTANT!

A new version - v1.2 - of the custom car / skin pack has been released. This pack contains all of the submissions that have been received and processed to date, and all of the liveries for Round 1 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the update will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions, else as usual the updated resource will be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod when you login to the official RaceDepartment server for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R1). The component file can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 1: Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlagos). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

Round 1, the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlagos, is now only 1 week away. The action begins on Saturday 1st April, with Official Practice commencing at 11:00 GMT, GT Qualifying at 11:45 GMT and Prototype Qualifying at 12:15 GMT, before the green flag is waved and the Race begins at 13:00 GMT. More information can be found here. And remember that a live broadcast, including commentary, will be available throughout the race, for all 6 rounds of the series. We hope that you are as excited as we are, as Season 7 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro is about to get underway.

Finally, the deadline for the next version (v2.0) of the custom car / skin pack, for Round 2, is Friday 28th April, and the resource shall be released on Saturday 29th April, 2 weeks prior to the second race of the season. I would like to take this opportunity to remind all teams that updated skins can now be submitted for Round 2 of the championship.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!

A new version - v1.2 - of the custom car / skin pack has been released. This pack contains all of the submissions that have been received and processed to date, and all of the liveries for Round 1 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the update will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions, else as usual the updated resource will be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod when you login to the official RaceDepartment server for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R1). The component file can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 1: Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlagos). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

Round 1, the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlagos, is now only 1 week away. The action begins on Saturday 1st April, with Official Practice commencing at 11:00 GMT, GT Qualifying at 11:45 GMT and Prototype Qualifying at 12:15 GMT, before the green flag is waved and the Race begins at 13:00 GMT. More information can be found here. And remember that a live broadcast, including commentary, will be available throughout the race, for all 6 rounds of the series. We hope that you are as excited as we are, as Season 7 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro is about to get underway.

Finally, the deadline for the next version (v2.0) of the custom car / skin pack, for Round 2, is Friday 28th April, and the resource shall be released on Saturday 29th April, 2 weeks prior to the second race of the season. I would like to take this opportunity to remind all teams that updated skins can now be submitted for Round 2 of the championship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back