RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 197810
What are track limits rules for this corner? There is no clear blend between the lines here and tarmac is the same as the race surface up to the wall on the right.
Bumpy. It might have got lost in the middle of many messages:D
I don't want to speak for Daiman, but I'd assume that it's off limits.
Apologies, I did indeed miss this one. As there are 3 wheels off the track this would typically be classed as exceeding the track boundaries, however I believe that you are at Tertre Rouge in this picture (please correct me if I am wrong) where the edges of the track are rather bumpy and will slow the car down so going beyond the white line here is not advised (as it can be dangerous) nor will you gain much (if any) time. Nevertheless, if we see drivers cutting repeatedly and excessively at this corner then warnings will be issued before penalties are awarded.

Apologies, I did indeed miss this one. As there are 3 wheels off the track this would typically be classed as exceeding the track boundaries, however I believe that you are at Tertre Rouge in this picture (please correct me if I am wrong) where the edges of the track are rather bumpy and will slow the car down so going beyond the white line here is not advised (as it can be dangerous) nor will you gain much (if any) time. Nevertheless, if we see drivers cutting repeatedly and excessively at this corner then warnings will be issued before penalties are awarded.
This seems excessive, it's an area of the track that offers no more danger and a slight gain in time, and the white lines don't actually exist most of the track at this point.

I would add that this part of the track gives no warning in game as well

One thing I do think I needs to be said again is the exit of the pits. Over the past few days, I've seen some drivers (most of the time the same ones and mostly GT cars ) come directly out just onto the racing line into the sweeping right of T1. As an LMP driver, the closing speeds are astronomical, and it should be said that coming directly out onto that line is extremely dangerous. Please can we all make sure to be extra careful when exiting the pits, we do not want drivers getting their races ruined by poor driving especially given the weight this race has for all involved and the time everyone had taken to practice, only to get their race ended by a silly, avoidable move on exit of pitlane.

That picture is in the junction of tertre rouge with mulsanne. The tarmac to the right is exactly the same as the main road tarmac.
I was just curious to see what would the rule be in that uncommon merge area. Thanks fir the answer!

One thing I do think I needs to be said again is the exit of the pits. Over the past few days, I've seen some drivers (most of the time the same ones and mostly GT cars ) come directly out just onto the racing line into the sweeping right of T1. As an LMP driver, the closing speeds are astronomical, and it should be said that coming directly out onto that line is extremely dangerous. Please can we all make sure to be extra careful when exiting the pits, we do not want drivers getting their races ruined by poor driving especially given the weight this race has for all involved and the time everyone had taken to practice, only to get their race ended by a silly, avoidable move on exit of pitlane.
Where is everyone supposed to exit then? Pit exit puts you on the right and unfortunately that is in the middle of the racing line. As an LMP driver you are perfectly able to brake in the middle of the track (it is faster anyways) and the GTs will have slightly more trouble but we have to deal with it.

As long as people are sensible and exit to the right (not crossing the track), it is up to the upcoming driver to avoid the pit exit traffic. It has always been like that at Le Mans.

Where is everyone supposed to exit then? Pit exit puts you on the right and unfortunately that is in the middle of the racing line. As an LMP driver you are perfectly able to brake in the middle of the track (it is faster anyways) and the GTs will have slightly more trouble but we have to deal with it.

As long as people are sensible and exit to the right (not crossing the track), it is up to the upcoming driver to avoid the pit exit traffic. It has always been like that at Le Mans.

I think you're getting confused. My point is not about people drive on the right hand side of the exit of pitlane and merging as you say right into T1, but those who are literally swinging onto the circuit as soon as they exit. Due to having no pitlane exit line, people seem to be swinging straight out. That's my problem, and whilst braking and moving line is all well and good as you say, if there is a line of cars behind the initial one having to brake harshly, think of the potential ripple effect that may cause, especially if one is a GT which cannot slow down as fast.

I think you're getting confused. My point is not about people drive on the right hand side of the exit of pitlane and merging as you say right into T1, but those who are literally swinging onto the circuit as soon as they exit. Due to having no pitlane exit line, people seem to be swinging straight out. That's my problem, and whilst braking and moving line is all well and good as you say, if there is a line of cars behind the initial one having to brake harshly, think of the potential ripple effect that may cause, especially if one is a GT which cannot slow down as fast.
He's just asking that people don't exit pits and immediately move all the way over to the left side of the track were the racing line is going into turn 1.It's a good point and i find myself doing it as well out of habit.Most people are just used to practicing when there are not so many drivers on the track,and a lot of guys are starting a new lap about every half a lap in practice making that front stretch into turn 1 the most driven part of the track .:whistling::)

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Please find below (and in the opening post of this thread) links to the live timing page and the track map page; these individual and comparatively simpler screens should work quicker and better compared to the 'Stream' pages because no interaction with the underlying database is required to retrieve previous timing information:

Live timing: HERE
Track map: HERE
Track map [alt.]: HERE
Server status: HERE

We advise against using the previously provided link to the 'Stream' pages because these will be slow, and may also slow down the live timing application for others.

Once again you may view the track in one of two colours schemes - yellow/orange and blue/orange - as some people have previously been unable to distinguish the yellow zone from the orange zones.

Selecting a row on the live timing screen will highlight the driver in the timing table, and also still highlight the chosen car on the track map (even though both run in separate tabs / windows).

If at any point the live timing table or cars on the track map disappear just refresh the page and everything should reappear.

Last edited:
ANNOUNCEMENT!

Please find below (and in the opening post of the event thread) links to the live timing page and the track map page; these individual and comparatively simpler screens should work quicker and better compared to the 'Stream' pages because no interaction with the underlying database is required to retrieve previous timing information:

We advise against using the previously provided link to the 'Stream' pages because these will be slow, and may also slow down the live timing application for others.

Once again you may view the track in one of two colours schemes - yellow/orange and blue/orange - as some people have previously been unable to distinguish the yellow zone from the orange zones.

Selecting a row on the live timing screen will highlight the driver in the timing table, and also still highlight the chosen car on the track map (even though both run in separate tabs / windows).

If at any point the live timing table or cars on the track map disappear just refresh the page and everything should reappear.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Please find below (and in the opening post of the event thread) links to the live timing page and the track map page; these individual and comparatively simpler screens should work quicker and better compared to the 'Stream' pages because no interaction with the underlying database is required to retrieve previous timing information:

in the live timing what do the 2nd and 3rd columns from the right mean? the '0/out' and the other one on the left I mean!

in the live timing what do the 2nd and 3rd columns from the right mean? the '0/out' and the other one on the left I mean!
Hmmm, for some strange reason the headings are not appearing... :O_o: Or rather they appear in the web browser on my work PC and also on the remote server, but not in the browser on my gaming PC, and I cannot understand why this would be the case. I'm sorry about this. :unsure: The 2nd column from the right indicates the number of pit stops carried out by that car and whether the car is out on track or in the pits, and the 3rd column from the right shows the number of laps completed so far by that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back