Not open for further replies.
Race Details:
  • Date - Sunday November 19 2017
  • Circuit - Spa-Francorchamps
  • Server Name - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
  • Server Password - See conversation message
  • Live Broadcast - Twitch
Race Schedule
Please take note that we have now moved from summer- to wintertime. UK races on GMT instead of BST. Western Europe on CET instead of CEST.
  • 19:00 GMT (20:00 CET) - Free Practice (30 minutes)
  • 19:30 GMT (20:30 CET) - Qualification (30 minutes)
  • 20:00 GMT (21:00 CET) - Race (90 minutes)
Server Settings
  • Difficulty: GetReal
  • Fuel Usage: Normal
  • Tire Wear: On
  • Visual Damage: Realistic
  • Mechanical Damage: On
  • Flag Rules: Complete
  • Cut Rules: On, Drive Through Penalty.
  • Mandatory Pitstop: On
Entry List
Number, Name, Car
#1 Bram Hengeveld (BMW Alpina B6 GT3)
#03 Anders Myhre (BMW Z4 GT3)
#5 Davy Vandevenne (RUF RT12R GTR3)
#6 Steve Le Gallez (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3)
#07 Robert Severikangas (Bentley Continental GT3)
#9 Paul Fenwick (McLaren MP4-12C GT3)
#11A Brian van Beusekom (McLaren 650S GT3)
#12 Giannis Christodoulou (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#14 Martin Fiala (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#18 Paul Hurlow (McLaren MP4-12C GT3)
#27 Laurent Sestacq (Chevrolet Camaro GT3)
#28 Jeremy Mook (Ford Mustang GT3)
#33 Joel Kuismin (Nissan GT-R GT3)
#35 Ole Marius Myrvold (Ford Mustang GT3)
#38 Lorenzo Bonder (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#44 Rupe Wilson (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#60A Anders Nilsson (BMW M6 GT3)
#63 Alexander Andersson (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3)
#79 Colin Herkes (McLaren 650S GT3)
#81 Mike McGeer (Nissan GT-R GT3)
#84 Roy Magnes (Bentley Continental GT3)
#88 Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan (Chevrolet Camaro GT3)
#96 Ronnie Böhme (BMW M6 GT3)
#98 Mike Wyatt (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#171 Andrew Harper (Nissan GT-R GT3)
#174 Magnus Stjerneby (BMW Alpina B6 GT3)
#200 Cyrille Saussey (Bentley Continental GT3)
We still have some slots available for the coming round. Sign-up here.

Commentators
Joseph Wright
Peter Lee

Removed from the series

#04 Ross Garland (BMW Z4 GT3)
#8 Quentis Gillispie (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3)
#14 Alex Crossen (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#30 Matt Le Gallez (RUF RT12R GTR3)
#38 Mathias Nielsen (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#30 Isaac Chavira (RUF RT12R GTR3)
#46 Adrian Campfield (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#60A Craig Dunkley (BMW M6 GT3)
#171 Nate Idiens (Nissan GT-R GT3)

Attachments

• Round 4 RDGTC Spa.jpg
    Round 4 RDGTC Spa.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited:
Great race everyone! Would never ever had thought that my first league podium would be at monza in a z4, full attack all race. Had a good night sleep after :D Unbelivable speed by Mr.C aswell! Your in a class of your own!

There was a point in the race (when you were 4th) that I was catching you slowly. And I thought I had the chance to win the most prestigious award of them all. Best Norwegian! :x3:

I'm also pleasantly surprised I managed to bring the 650S home in 4th. During practice I was around 10th most of the time and I qualified 7th, So I was expecting to be fighting to stay in the top 10. However my pace was on point during the race and because some of the very fast guys fell back I gained positions.
In the slipstream of other cars the 650S wasn't actually that bad, however without it the car was clearly slower on the straights.

First half of the race I ended up in a battle with @JoelK and @Ole Marius Myrvold. They passed me when I made a small mistake. I was chasing them until Joel fell back because of his mistakes. From there it calmed down a little until the pitstops.
Just before the pitstops I was faster than Myrvold, and actually passed him twice. (I made a mistake after passing him the first time). However I forgot to request the pitstop so I got an additional 5 seconds or so in the pits and came out behind Myrvold again. From there our pace was very similar and I was expecting a good fight for P4, but unfortunately Myrvold spun, giving me 4th.
Also I'm secretly a little proud to be the last one not lapped by Mr.C this race :rolleyes:. Your pace was unbelievable, two or three more laps and you would have gotten me too.

See you all at Spa. :thumbsup:

haha how many times did we end up back in front of each other Mike? I have to say, for me, Monza is my worst track in sim racing. I just cannot get to grips with it. Well done Boggers, blew us all away
Yeah, I think it's my worst too Adrian and frankly I was surprised to see you back there with me so often:confused:. On most tracks I can figure out the lines, breaking points, etc. for every turn and after that it's just a matter of execution (or most likely a lack thereof) but Monza has some corners that I have just never figured out. All I can do is throw myself around each one and hope I come out the other side, still on the track:(.

My final league race before my sabbatical.

Forum Name: Lorenzo Bonder
Link to 5 races: Most of the staff personnel can vouch for me in terms of that but if I must, right:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...sunday-3rd-september-2017-live-stream.139774/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dtm-hockenheimring-sun-15oct17.141948/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...und-5-thrustmaster-12-hours-of-suzuka.140347/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-thrustmaster-6-hours-of-road-america.138540/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-race-barcelona-moto-fri-06oct17.141736/
(I put the most recent rounds of RDLMS, but I've been racing since the 3rd round at Le Mans)

Am I able to drive the Z06 for a bit of a challenge, s'il vous plait?

Here's my video of the race if anyone's interested....
For those of you who watched this, can anyone explain why I was required to give back two spaces after making the pass at turn 4/5 (Variante della Roggia)?:confused: It's at 3:25 in the video which is about 1:27 into the race. I realize that @Adrian Campfield was into the wall there but I don't see why that would require me to hold position behind @LAURENT Sestacq and @Giannis Christodoulou who stacked up in the turn. As I remember the flag rules I believe that passing is allowed unless it states otherwise on-screen.Also, by having a very short period in which to give the positions back, I was forced to slow down such that I ended up losing 3 positions before I could get back up to speed.
I'm not really concerned about the positions as I'm pretty much a back-marker anyway but I'd like an interpretation of the rules so I know what to expect if something like this appears again. One thing I don't like is surprises:O_o:.

As I remember the flag rules I believe that passing is allowed unless it states otherwise on-screen.

I know next to nothing about the league rules, but speaking generally how it works in R3E, I believe you have it backwards - passing is disallowed under yellow unless stated otherwise.

For those of you who watched this, can anyone explain why I was required to give back two spaces after making the pass at turn 4/5 (Variante della Roggia)?:confused: It's at 3:25 in the video which is about 1:27 into the race
Maybe because it was a sector yellow flag still active, you can't overtake at all after you're done going through that sector, hence giving the two spots back.

Hi,

I had a few hours spare last night so I whipped up a spotter guide for the final round. As far as I can see we don't have one here on the RDGTC league. Let me know or PM me if I've made a mistake with car choice. Gets a bit tricky with 1, 01, 001 on some cars..:p

PDF and hi-res JPG version here...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dOBKdrO0jlBKNGtBXA_jp8A9GOdouAJY

snMjjLW.jpg

Last edited:
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/november-update.9633/

gonna be very interesting how the reworked GT3 physics and BOP play out for our last race !!

Fingers crossed they'll add all three GT3 cars at the same time. What a great selection. I know too late for the league but even so great news :thumbsup:

I suppose the only major one missing is Lamborghini now. I actually like the mix of old and new GT3's, even if it just adds a bit of variety when you are racing AI. That Z4 still makes a glorious noise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%