RD Formula Manager - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kedy89 you mean that someone other than 2 of us could have been in title fight at this point? But they messed up with strategy...
Yeah, Renault engine wasn't far behind at the start, and both Aidan and Jim had at least one good driver. But both of them as well as Tapio were often running high fuel loads throughout all the race. Audrey was a good engine from the start imo, but lacking customers who helped with upgrading until midseason. Same for Renault, I think they didn't have a single upgrade. At that point we had pumped in a bunch of engine and risky testing for Ferrari.

And apart from us there are only 2 others who almost never missed the daily updates.

WARNING long post, read just bold words if you don't want to waste time. :cool:
Considering BRT's massive bank account, no chance to challenge them from the go. But if I can retain Michele and get either Simona or Danica back, I can't see why I couldn't catch them during the season.

I do however agree that there should be a budget cap but in terms of race functions I think the game is balanced. Only thing I would do is reduce tyre wear. It would open up more strategy possibilities if less or no stops were possible in the races. As it stands there is next to no point in doing tyre testing which would of course help.
I agree with second part, and hoping that you are right for first part. :D

@kedy89, same here, I agree with last line. But, in first race,
1) Aidan got engine fail on lap 2 (Renault) and he pitted Fangio before Schumacher (even if not using full fuel he would lose it to Schumi because of overpowered low fuel).
2) Also Jawz had to pit Hamilton, since tyres were wearing like crazy, and he didn't use full fuel but also lost time due to "low fuel power".
3) Michelle run out of fuel on first lap (taking 5% on safe-low :rolleyes:)
After this, it was walk in the park for us. But tyre mastery gave you advantage and here we are now. Talking about anything just to make it interesting.:thumbsdown: I'm really looking forward to the next season (and setups:thumbsup:), and yes almost forgot I am for budget cap (putting it to 10000-12000 at the end of this season shouldn't hurt even Toby), than it can be even less next season...

WARNING long post, read just bold words if you don't want to waste time. :cool:

I agree with second part, and hoping that you are right for first part. :D

@kedy89, same here, I agree with last line. But, in first race,
1) Aidan got engine fail on lap 2 (Renault) and he pitted Fangio before Schumacher (even if not using full fuel he would lose it to Schumi because of overpowered low fuel).
2) Also Jawz had to pit Hamilton, since tyres were wearing like crazy, and he didn't use full fuel but also lost time due to "low fuel power".
3) Michelle run out of fuel on first lap (taking 5% on safe-low :rolleyes:)
After this, it was walk in the park for us. But tyre mastery gave you advantage and here we are now. Talking about anything just to make it interesting.:thumbsdown: I'm really looking forward to the next season (and setups:thumbsup:), and yes almost forgot I am for budget cap (putting it to 10000-12000 at the end of this season shouldn't hurt even Toby), than it can be even less next season...
Haven't check several laps, only starting grid for first 2 races :p. I too had crazy wear Pirellis, and at the start my drivers didn't have tyre mastery maxed out, BEL even had 0. Still managed to bring him home in 3rd.
Also you need to consider my PR expert, which was a pretty decent investment. 2800cr so far :cool:. 10-12000 could hurt, currently a bit under 10k, making around 5k per race (of which I spend around 2k). Add to that the championship rewards. I'd be miles ahead if buys weren't limited, which was a good decision imo.

Haven't check several laps, only starting grid for first 2 races :p. I too had crazy wear Pirellis, and at the start my drivers didn't have tyre mastery maxed out, BEL even had 0. Still managed to bring him home in 3rd.
Also you need to consider my PR expert, which was a pretty decent investment. 2800cr so far :cool:. 10-12000 could hurt, currently a bit under 10k, making around 5k per race (of which I spend around 2k). Add to that the championship rewards. I'd be miles ahead if buys weren't limited, which was a good decision imo.
I agree on PR expert, and here is more about that. I think that you, ART and Girls had biggest bank accounts at the start (which is normal as you were the best last season).:thumbsup: But than ART got into trouble with others pushing the prices of drivers and Girls decided to sacrifice this season by making their own engine. Which left me as 4-5th team from last season (based on money). I was already behind (someone pushed for Schumi can't remember who) and couldn't afford PR and later I had to use all the money just to stay in touch with you, so PR was lost for me. And still I have failed.:cry::roflmao:
Now let's just wait for next season and see how it goes.:thumbsup:

As for spending lot less than you can make, I know I had that in season 2 and somehow we agreed to reset money after that season.

Teams, Drivers and Supplier Lists are Updated.
- Grip Racing risky research result: 2 Chassis upgrades.

The Canadian Grand Prix is underway! The Qualifying starts now!
Forecasts warns of lots of rain. Especially in the first 10-15 laps. Then we might get a dry a period until the end. Yet dark clouds will always be above. Tricky and unpredictable conditions ahead!
upload_2016-3-3_22-35-34.png

The race will start on Sunday. Managers who fail to give their qualifying strategies will start with hard tyres, full fuel and steady/low pace.

Red Night
Both drivers: inters, 80lit fuel, push and low revs.

Thunderstorm racing
Raikkonen: inters, 55lit fuel, easy and low revs.
Kubica: inters, 65lit fuel, push and low revs.

• Deleted member 161052

Kamui: intermediate tyres, 60 litres fuel, push with medium revs
Felipe: intermediate tyres, 60 litres fuel, aggressive with medium revs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU