RD Formula Manager - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
what reward?

honestly didn't consider qualifying at all, but I wouldn't do it still, after all I am not in championship contention, and I am risking $500.
the 200 extra you get for pole

not much of a risk, going from 5th fastest team to fastest without any driver/engine speed upgrade or chassis upgrade, had to be illegal aids.

@Aidan Keranen - A yet another solid points finish for the team and this result put you ahead of ART in the constructors championship. Does your team have the pace to stay ahead of them in the final two races?
Definitely, but that doesn't mean that it's guaranteed. We need to run two smart races and really turn up and do a good job, it's not going to be an easy job to do but one that we can do. For the KM boys we're just looking at grabbing as much as we can until season end and build upon it for next season, we're confident to be able to hold 10th place in the standings.

2KF1
research next season +1

Keranen
research next season +1

• Deleted member 161052

@airutonpurosuto8912 - Massa had a tiring day with lots of pitstops. Was this also a very exhausting day for the team? Also, what happened with Kobayashi?
For Kobayashi, we forgot to check the fuel load just before he was set to run out of fuel, and it seemed like the race was botched for Kamui. But thank god heavens for Massa we saved his race from retiring.

@Sasha Jednak - Ricciardo returns to podium after a while. Was this the hardest podium battle of the season so far? And do you have hopes for the title as there is a 29 points gap now.
The race went more or less as expected, looks like we made wrong fuel calculation for Schumacher's last stint. We'll need to look into it. At the start we were prepared to fight with ART's for that podium, but they have generously gave up.
Other than that, Ricc was on his own through the race and after fuel mistake, Schumacher couldn't fight for podium. But that fight was really exciting even without him.:thumbsup:

MARKETPLACE
Red Night
Research for next season - 350cr
Ricciardo speed x2 - 800cr
Schumacher tyre mastery - 400cr
Schumacher concentration - 400cr
Money left - 4400cr

Thunderstorm Racing

@Omer Said , were engine failures and random DNF's only thing that you planned to use for making interesting championships (stopping 1 team domination)? Or there is something else that can stop that capitalism cycle: more money -> more wins -> more money ->... I'm guessing that setup thing will possibly help lower teams to get to midfield, but top teams... I doubt they (hopefully WE) won't be threatened.:unsure:

Budget 11300cr

PET driver training wet track x2- 800cr
BEL driver training wet track - 400cr
BEL driver training concentration - 400cr

9350cr remaining

@Omer Said , were engine failures and random DNF's only thing that you planned to use for making interesting championships (stopping 1 team domination)? Or there is something else that can stop that capitalism cycle: more money -> more wins -> more money ->... I'm guessing that setup thing will possibly help lower teams to get to midfield, but top teams... I doubt they (hopefully WE) won't be threatened.:unsure:

Actually the rate of engine failures and random DNFs also decrease as a team gets stronger. The setup system will bring a great variety i hope. But i don't want to enforce further rules to level the field as most of them will either be: 1) Too random, and people will complain, 2) Artificially punishing succesful teams. If you folks have any ideas, i would love to hear them. But right now, i don't have much other than the planned setup system. :thumbsup:

Edit: One another solution might be implementing a budget cap. For example, a team can't hold more than 8000 credits and all of the extra earnings are wasted. This is something similar to Sim Career game's system.

Budget cap is good. I think it would be nice fir randomisa5ion in the top teams to be changed so there is a chance they retire, as BRt and Red night just don't seemm to ever get engine failures, so their lead becomes unassailable and its boring for evetone else.

Actually the rate of engine failures and random DNFs also decrease as a team gets stronger. The setup system will bring a great variety i hope. But i don't want to enforce further rules to level the field as most of them will either be: 1) Too random, and people will complain, 2) Artificially punishing succesful teams. If you folks have any ideas, i would love to hear them. But right now, i don't have much other than the planned setup system. :thumbsup:

Edit: One another solution might be implementing a budget cap. For example, a team can't hold more than 8000 credits and all of the extra earnings are wasted. This is something similar to Sim Career game's system.
Honestly, I think a lot of teams could be doing better if the managers didn't miss updates (see the high amount of out of fuel and chassis fail), or used some better strategies.

I'm against budget cap. If you do it you have to tell in time. Don't want to have saved some 16.000 after the last race just to be told I'll lose half of it...

Honestly, I think a lot of teams could be doing better if the managers didn't miss updates (see the high amount of out of fuel and chassis fail), or used some better strategies.
Exactly. And a lot of the speed difference comes from fuel amounts which many teams are still running WAY too high. There's absolutely no reason to run a full tank at the moment when the tyres can't last a full race distance.

The wet weather races were another thing because at least two of them were monsoon weather when you just had to run safe pace or crash out. Many didn't respect that and have had to pay the price. :rolleyes:

I was slow and broke at the start of season with a crappy engine but somehow I'm third in constructors and have almost caught the top teams. I don't think it's that major flaw in the game, it just rewards those who are willing to put the effort in. ;)

it just rewards those who are willing to put the effort in. ;)
euhm, looking at the amount of Mercedes engine failures, and Ferrari engine failures, I heartedly disagree :laugh:

and chassis fail
doesn't have to be 100% the manager's fault (in case of mistake), but I agree that the managers seem to forget a lot about this, especially if they can't win anything. Personal experience this race :p

euhm, looking at the amount of Mercedes engine failures, and Ferrari engine failures, I heartedly disagree :laugh:
Second post, tips on supplier qualities:
Ferrari and Renault are more reliable than Mercedes and Cosworth.

You could've expected that the Mercedes will fail more often :rolleyes:

Second post, tips on supplier qualities:
Ferrari and Renault are more reliable than Mercedes and Cosworth.

You could've expected that the Mercedes will fail more often :rolleyes:
And every team actually got a chance to change engines mid-season. Not a valid point imo :D

I'm against budget cap. If you do it you have to tell in time. Don't want to have saved some 16.000 after the last race just to be told I'll lose half of it...

Please all be assured that i would not never want to implement such big rules mid-season. At least i hope so that things will never turn that desperate to take such desperate measures.I mentioned the budget cap for the next season's end.

Ferrari actually did have engine failures in the first races, then they upgraded it. Audrey too. Mercedes also became more reliable if you compare it to the first races. Honda and Cosworth? Both are garbage and you should expect engine failures if you use them. :p

Also for lower teams, there are risky testings, test driver search and illegal aids to cover some ground. I know these are not enough, but we must find a balance between protecting both the old/strong teams and the new/weak teams. Hopefully the setup feature will give the backmarkers some more chances.

@kedy89 you mean that someone other than 2 of us could have been in title fight at this point? But they messed up with strategy...
@TTupsi , do you think that you can take on BRT in next season wothout any changes except setup?

And don't use lower teams as argument, I gabe it all and couldn't match BRTs.

@TTupsi , do you think that you can take on BRT in next season wothout any changes except setup?

And don't use lower teams as argument, I gabe it all and couldn't match BRTs.
Considering BRT's massive bank account, no chance to challenge them from the go. But if I can retain Michele and get either Simona or Danica back, I can't see why I couldn't catch them during the season.

I do however agree that there should be a budget cap but in terms of race functions I think the game is balanced. Only thing I would do is reduce tyre wear. It would open up more strategy possibilities if less or no stops were possible in the races. As it stands there is next to no point in doing tyre testing which would of course help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%