RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote="Aidan Keranen, post: 1589798, member: 37160"

@Omer Said can mod's see the original post if they want?

I like the extra points to fastest overall system. And i also agree with Ben and Alexander on the issue of penalties. But i believe double posting should be very very strictly illegal. While racing, no comments, no taggings, no sheenigans should be allowed. ONLY start/pit/finish! Failure to oblige this rule should get you a direct DQ.[/quote]

I agree. that way it would be impossible to cheat by editing your post. However I am slightly concerned about accidentally double posting on a phone, especially on 3g. There have been a few occasions where I have double posted because I pressed the post button twice, thinking the first press wasn't registered

P.S. It would help if I replied to the right post:roflmao: I was referring to Omer's post about double posting

I like the extra points to fastest overall system. And i also agree with Ben and Alexander on the issue of penalties. But i believe double posting should be very very strictly illegal. While racing, no comments, no taggings, no sheenigans should be allowed. ONLY start/pit/finish! Failure to oblige this rule should get you a direct DQ.

I agree. that way it would be impossible to cheat by editing your post. However I am slightly concerned about accidentally double posting on a phone, especially on 3g. There have been a few occasions where I have double posted because I pressed the post button twice, thinking the first press wasn't registered

P.S. It would help if I replied to the right post:roflmao: I was referring to Omer's post about double posting[/quote]
i think in that case the first, unedited post will count,.

My point about double posting a start/pit in a legal time, but with no-one in between. Is that now not allowed from what everyone is saying?

P.S. It would help if I replied to the right post:roflmao: I was referring to Omer's post about double posting
i think in that case the first, unedited post will count,.[/quote]

Yes something is definitely not right with these posts

Race format restructure proposal- we need to mix it up a bit I think.

Here's some race format suggestions...

Super sprint - fastest finish wins. Non pole bonus.

Sprint - start post, wait one hour post finish. Pole bonus.

Time Trial - start post, wait for a randomly decided time posted by the starter, closest to the correct time gets the winning points. If there is a tie (for example 1st and 2nd) then the points are shared 25+20/2 = 22.5 each?

Grand Prix - start post, 3 pit stops, (2 tyres, 1 fuel). Tyres wait 30 mins before next post, fuel 1 hour til next post. Pole bonus. Stops can be in any order.

Time Trial - start post, wait for a randomly decided time posted by the starter, closest to the correct time gets the winning points. If there is a tie (for example 1st and 2nd) then the points are shared 25+20/2 = 22.5 each?

Grand Prix - start post, 3 pit stops, (2 tyres, 1 fuel). Tyres wait 30 mins before next post, fuel 1 hour til next post. Pole bonus. Stops can be in any order.
I think we only need 3 types of races at max, with more than one post difference between them.

I like the sprint and feature format as it is (Implement the fastest lap though) and then do a 5 post endurance race.
  1. Start
  2. Primes
  3. Fuel
  4. Options
  5. Finish
All with the same time gap as the other races.

For the time trial do you mean combined race time? Like f1 had before 1994 with the red flags? But the ideas are great! I think thet was a championship with lots of different race formats in the past

Time Trial could be
  1. Start
  2. Any post by another user
  3. Any post by a different user
  4. Any post by another different user
  5. Finish
It can be as fast as you like, but at least 3 users must have posted something between start and finish. If someone posts twice during that time, they still only count as one user. Pole bonus is just 1 point and no fastest lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back