CHANT COMES BACK
ONLY FOUR LEFT IN CONTENTION

1st. James Chant
Heineken Honda S20.png
2nd. Steven Poirer
Viper RT S20.png

3rd. Jimmy Laad
Renault S20.png
Amongst the many sand dunes, there is a small motorsport oasis, the Bahrain International Circuit. But of the drivers vying to become king, it was one who cannot be that won. James Chant won a wonderful race in Bahrain, the second in a row in which the championship leaders have been somewhat disappointing. In a good day for the Heineken team, Alexander Macdonald swept into the championship lead by a mere 3 points. Still, a lead is a lead, and it still leaves Florin Diaconescu to have to overhaul him at some point.
Sig Man and Ben Herbert both recorded likewise hauls, Herbert ending his top-4 streak, a fact that now means he needs all 53 available points while Macdonald can only sneak home 15 for him to win. Ben Utzer and Old Wolf became the latest casualties, Wolf losing 6th to Chant while Utzer too looks in trouble.
Enough about them, the change in form for Steven Poirer was clear for all as he took his second straight podium, another fine 2nd place. He lead home Jimmy Laad, fellow rookie from half-year, as they have ripped up the competition recently. The battle for 10th is in fact getting very interesting. Fred Owen is currently 10th on 72 points, but by virtue of victory at Malaysia, he leads Laad (72 points) who has 2 third places, leading Sasha Jednak (72 points) with a lone third in Italy. While those three are fighting, Poirer has moved to 61 points in the meantime, meaning that 10th through 13th are well up for offer. And if Thomas Hackel can return for Honk, who knows, perhaps down to 14th...

At a glance
  • Chant wins, takes 6th overall
  • Macdonald assumes lead over Diaconescu by 3 points
  • Herbert in trouble in 4th, Sig surviving in 3rd
  • Heineken steal 25 points from McLaren, Online Racing can no longer win
  • Owen, Laad, Jednak, Poirer (and Hackel) set for almighty showdown for 10th place
Results
1st. J. Chant (Heineken-Honda)
2nd. S. Poirer (Viper Racing-Dodge)
3rd. J. Laad (Renault)
4th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda)
5th. A. Macdonald (Heineken-Honda)
6th. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault)
7th. S. Man (McLaren-Honda)
8th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda)
9th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda)
10th. S. Jednak (Ferrari)
11th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari)
12th. F. Owen (Renault)
13th. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari)
DNF T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari)
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table Drivers.jpg

S20 Championship Table Teams.jpg

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@James Chant A fantastic way to comeback from a few rounds off, and keeps the championship alive for Heineken. Is the gap just too much?
@Steven Poirier You must be very happy with the car at the moment, another great podium. Do you think you can sneak first in the next two races?
@Jimlaad43 A fine third place today, how are you feeling about a 4/5 way battle?

Season 21 Ideas
This is in direct relation to Feature races. I am not yet sure whether to keep trying with the user based mini penalty system, or scrap it in favour of a harsh early=penalise system. This will also involve anyone trying to cover up being instantly disqualified, no objection.
My second idea is one that Steven had earlier. His idea of fastest times made me think, and perhaps for next season a system of 2 points for pole and 1 point for fastest overall race time might be tried (if you guys are in favour). It brings a new way of racing, for instance, Florin easily won a race this year (Canada). He didn't really need to try to make time, but if he wanted the 1 point for fastest time he would have to risk the penalty. Also, if the minimum time is reached by multiple people, the first person to finish on the 2hr2min mark gets the point.
This is the touchiest subject no doubt, please, I urge you guys to definitely speak to me about this one

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Jimlaad43 A fine third place today, how are you feeling about a 4/5 way battle?​
Well, it gives me something to aim for. 2 races to go, can I get a win? I'm just racing for myself at the moment, the championship contenders will just have to live with me getting in the way.

Idea: Sounds pretty good actually, I'm sure I would have got that point at some of the races. It does give a little incentive to those who start later as well.

Start/Pit/Finish posts:

-Only one post of each.
-No cover ups.
-No editing
-> Thats a way... Everything is clear.
No editing to add a tag for a team mates either. You either write it first and waste a few seconds, or you wait for someone else to post before you tag them.

You can't just edit a tag in, like I have just done @Aidan Keranen

I would give some leeway to those that do post early. I would say that the 1hr penalty stays for those that post per minute, but if you post more than 5 minutes early, you get disqualified.

Last edited:
You can't just edit a tag in, like I have just done @Aidan Keranen
well, that does make an interesting point...
I was originally going to write that it's ok, saves a few seconds.. but then those seconds saved may have gotten an overtake... yeah that's a hard one.
as it is, does tagging really get anything done, only if that person is having alert troubles would it make a difference.
personally, I don't mind so much, the edit can clearly been seen to be afterwards, and the original post time is also intact I believe. if there is an early post and an edit soon afterwards, that's when it'll get interesting.

@Omer Said can mod's see the original post if they want?

Season 21 Ideas
This is in direct relation to Feature races. I am not yet sure whether to keep trying with the user based mini penalty system, or scrap it in favour of a harsh early=penalise system. This will also involve anyone trying to cover up being instantly disqualified, no objection.
My second idea is one that Steven had earlier. His idea of fastest times made me think, and perhaps for next season a system of 2 points for pole and 1 point for fastest overall race time might be tried (if you guys are in favour). It brings a new way of racing, for instance, Florin easily won a race this year (Canada). He didn't really need to try to make time, but if he wanted the 1 point for fastest time he would have to risk the penalty. Also, if the minimum time is reached by multiple people, the first person to finish on the 2hr2min mark gets the point.
This is the touchiest subject no doubt, please, I urge you guys to definitely speak to me about this one

I think its a good idea to have a harsh penalty system. Also the 1 bonus point idea will add a little more risk to the race

[quote="Aidan Keranen, post: 1589798, member: 37160"

@Omer Said can mod's see the original post if they want?[/quote]

Unfortunately not. Maybe only super mods. But not me.

I like the extra points to fastest overall system. And i also agree with Ben and Alexander on the issue of penalties. But i believe double posting should be very very strictly illegal. While racing, no comments, no taggings, no sheenigans should be allowed. ONLY start/pit/finish! Failure to oblige this rule should get you a direct DQ.

I like the extra points to fastest overall system. And i also agree with Ben and Alexander on the issue of penalties. But i believe double posting should be very very strictly illegal. While racing, no comments, no taggings, no sheenigans should be allowed. ONLY start/pit/finish! Failure to oblige this rule should get you a direct DQ.
I believe this and tags? Also messages like ''It is going to be close'' will not be allowed?

But i believe double posting should be very very strictly illegal.
What if it is a race where you have started and no-one else has posted before you are able to pit. If we aren't allowed to double post, how can we get the extra point for fastest time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back