MACDONALD TAKES TWO
ALEX ASCENDS WHILE FLORIN FADES

1st. Alexander Macdonald
Heineken Honda S20.png
2nd. Steven Poirer
Viper RT S20.png
3rd. Ben Herbert
Red Bull S20.png
A second victory in a row for Alexander Macdonald has closed the championship gap to just three points with three rounds remaining, securing a total of 36 points more than Florin Diaconescu in those past two rounds. The apparent lack of speed in the no.2 McLaren is becoming a problem for them, no podiums since India, only 26 points.
While Alexander continued a strong season, it was with joy that the newest team, Viper Racing, were able to secure their first podium in the hands of rookie Steven Poirer. For the Canadian, who missed both Canada and New Jersey earlier this season, his first race on his home continent gave a great reward for a lot of hard work. It was also fitting for Dodge, their engine supplier, to also mark a great first home race. Poirer was chased to the end by Ben "Mr Consistency" Herbert in his Red Bull. With 6 laps to go it looked like Herbert had Poirer in his sights, but a poor run onto the back straight and subsequent tyre degradation halted anymore progress.
With Sig leading home Florin in 4th and 5th, a poor showing from McLaren yielded minimum loss in the constructors, but worryingly the drivers championship, all but sealed a round or two ago, is now in serious trouble of been taken from underneath their noses.
James Chant returned from injury and family time with a hard earned 10th place, but like him Omer Said (11th) and Rami Saidy (12th) were all eliminated from championship glory. Currently Old Wolf still has a shot, but cannot afford another 7th place.
Meanwhile, the manufacturer challenge, recently announced to be discontinued, was emphatically wound up by the dominant Honda powered vehicles. With 183 points left on offer, the 272 point gap is more than enough. Meanwhile, Renault can still steal 2nd place, only 63 points behind...
Also, while we acknowledge that Gary Ludlum was entered this season, he hasn't finished once. Therefore omitting that unfortunate result, we can inaccurately reveal that for the first time in a long time (if at all), all racers have finished on the podium. We believe it may have happened in S3, though we aren't sure. Either way, the RDFIA would like to congratulate the racers and the teams on a wonderful achievement.

At a glance
  • Macdonald closes to 3 points from championship lead.
  • Herbert continues form, 38 points back from lead, 22 from third place.
  • Heineken 69 points behind McLaren. Online Racing 53 off Heineken.
  • Honda win Manufacturers after dominant season.
Results
1st. A. Macdonald (Heineken-Honda)
2nd. S. Poirer (Viper Racing-Dodge)
3rd. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault)
4th. S. Man (McLaren-Honda)
5th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda)
6th. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari)
7th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda)
8th. J. Laad (Renault)
9th. S. Jednak (Ferrari)
10th. J. Chant (Heineken-Honda)
11th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari)
12th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda)
DNF F. Owen (Renault)
DNF T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari)
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table Drivers.jpg

S20 Championship Table Teams.jpg

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Alexander Macdonald Another win, another step closer to glory. Did you expect to get this close so quickly?
@Steven Poirier Congratulations on your maiden podium. How were you feeling on up there with your team cheering?
@Ben Herbert You still continue to rack up the points, but are you getting worried at how small the available points are getting?

S21 Ideas
Ok, so this is up for debate, and I would much like to hear your thoughts.
Earlier in the season, while there was some banter on tracks and what not (ice tea anyone?), I was asked if Le Mans or the Nordschleife would be considered. Instead, I propose that a one-off, non-championship endurance race be held. My current idea was to shake it up by having 3 races in 24 hours, 1 race in any 8h block. The winner would be determined by their two best results, therefore sleeping one off might not be so bad.
Another idea, and this also provides extra incentive to go into a full team, is to bring back the team race that I found in S4. I found it today so I haven't got any rules for it yet, but it probably won't pay driver points if any.

I await your feedback​

@Steven Poirier Congratulations on your maiden podium. How were you feeling on up there with your team cheering?
I'm pretty happy, our start on the championhsip was hard and now with some adjustement we made on the team, we found the good balance and speed to get good result. Seirously all the team was crazy about our second place !

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Alexander Macdonald Another win, another step closer to glory. Did you expect to get this close so quickly?

I hoped so, but I didn't actually believe it would happen; even with the beer.... Outside of the car, of course, although maybe my engineer put the wrong drink in my car, I don't know, but obviously not, because that would be illegal, but I feel sober, really sober, like unbelievably sober, you wouldn't believe how not illegal my drink was in that situation, like so legal it was YOLOSWAG n' stuff. My head feels a bit light, like its about to drop onto my keyboard, but that would be ridird#wf[ekbe'[v;clevoni589tvb

Well like I said a few weeks ago, thats why the top 3 are so strong as they keep picking up the high points. Its still good be involved at end of the grid. After the race I was rushed to hospital after having trouble breathing. Having been let home yesturday, ive been told to rest up over the weekend then Ill be ok to get back on track.

3 to go. The season end is almost upon us. With it, the champion could be a round away. With that in mind, we travel for an Arabian tour. Start your engines, this race is:
GOGOGOGOGOGO!
Bahrain.jpg

Sprint Race
The Kingdom of Bahrain will host us first. Drivers are advised that good results are proven to be more likely when you don't drive off into the desert randomly. In the case of a mild sandstorm, we advise extra strength visors. The emergency exits are here, here, here....
But in all seriousness, this is a critical race. If either of the top 2 win, it will just about bury everyone else. The top 5 have a reasonable chance, but surely one will be left disappointed. May the excitement commence!
Good Luck Racers!
3 races left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back