RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, sorry. first thing in the morning (8hours or so) i'll post results.
i'll make this clear, you can still finish. but I will not wait any amount of time for you tomorrow, so finish quick

TITLE BATTLE HEATS UP
THE HUNTERS CATCH UP ON FLORIN

1st. Alexander Macdonald
Heineken Honda S20.png
2nd. Sig Man
McLaren (80's) S20.png

3rd. Jimmy Laad
Renault S20.png
Brazil was touted as a car breaker. We didn't expect McLaren to succumb to it though.
Alexander Macdonald took his second victory in four races at Interlagos, overtaking polesitter Sig Man for the honours. The result left those two men tied for points, Macdonald ahead courtesy of more victories. Their 25 and 23 point hauls also meant that they are a mere 18 points behind Florin Diaconescu, who's McLaren suffered gearbox problems, relegating him down to 8th place as he crossed the line.
A hugely impressive third place was the domain of Jimmy Laad, taking his Renault close to a big upset. Alas, it was not to be, a mere few corners behind the leaders. He lead home the charging Ben Herbert, another 4th place adding to his outstanding form since Germany. With four races to go though, Herbert finds himself 43 points behind Diaconescu, needing an average of 11 points each race more than Diaconescu to have a shot at the title. Podiums aren't enough anymore, Red Bull need wins.
Omer Said continued some late season form, 5th place, leading home Steven Poirer in the Viper Racing-Dodge, seemingly wrestling some performance from the new engine. The Jordans of Saidy and Wolf took the 7th and 10th positions, losing an extra 5 points to Online Racing.

At a glance
  • With their finishes, Macdonald and Sig are both within striking distance of Diaconescu, still 103 points up for offer.
  • Also, McLaren are increasingly close to downing Heineken for the constructors, James Chant's retirements all but sealing this fate.
  • Ferrari are a mere 7 points above the cut-off threshold in the manufacturers. This means that Utzer, Said and Jednak, in any order, must go 1-2-3 every race plus pole, while Diaconescu, Macdonald and Sig score nothing at all.
  • Fred Owen is mathematically out of the running for the title. Rami Saidy is next, a mere 6 points above the cut-off.
Results
1st. A. Macdonald (Heineken-Honda)
2nd. S. Man (McLaren-Honda)
3rd. J. Laad (Renault)
4th. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault)
5th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari)
6th. S. Poirer (Viper Racing-Dodge)
7th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda)
8th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda)
9th. B. Utzer (Online-Racing-Ferrari)
10th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda)
11th. S. Jednak (Ferrari)
12th. F. Owen (Renault)
DNF J. Chant (Heineken-Honda)
DNF T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari)
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table Drivers.jpg

S20 Championship Table Teams.jpg

Attachments

• S20 Championship Table Teams.jpg
    S20 Championship Table Teams.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 442
TITLE BATTLE HEATS UP
THE HUNTERS CATCH UP ON FLORIN

1st. Alexander Macdonald
View attachment 45460
2nd. Sig Man
View attachment 45461

3rd. Jimmy Laad
View attachment 45462
Brazil was touted as a car breaker. We didn't expect McLaren to succumb to it though.
Alexander Macdonald took his second victory in four races at Interlagos, overtaking polesitter Sig Man for the honours. The result left those two men tied for points, Macdonald ahead courtesy of more victories. Their 25 and 23 point hauls also meant that they are a mere 18 points behind Florin Diaconescu, who's McLaren suffered gearbox problems, relegating him down to 8th place as he crossed the line.
A hugely impressive third place was the domain of Jimmy Laad, taking his Renault close to a big upset. Alas, it was not to be, a mere few corners behind the leaders. He lead home the charging Ben Herbert, another 4th place adding to his outstanding form since Germany. With four races to go though, Herbert finds himself 43 points behind Diaconescu, needing an average of 11 points each race more than Diaconescu to have a shot at the title. Podiums aren't enough anymore, Red Bull need wins.
Omer Said continued some late season form, 5th place, leading home Steven Poirer in the Viper Racing-Dodge, seemingly wrestling some performance from the new engine. The Jordans of Saidy and Wolf took the 7th and 10th positions, losing an extra 5 points to Online Racing.

At a glance
  • With their finishes, Macdonald and Sig are both within striking distance of Diaconescu, still 103 points up for offer.
  • Also, McLaren are increasingly close to downing Heineken for the constructors, James Chant's retirements all but sealing this fate.
  • Ferrari are a mere 7 points above the cut-off threshold in the manufacturers. This means that Utzer, Said and Jednak, in any order, must go 1-2-3 every race plus pole, while Diaconescu, Macdonald and Sig score nothing at all.
  • Fred Owen is mathematically out of the running for the title. Rami Saidy is next, a mere 6 points above the cut-off.
Results
1st. A. Macdonald (Heineken-Honda)
2nd. S. Man (McLaren-Honda)
3rd. J. Laad (Renault)
4th. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault)
5th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari)
6th. S. Poirer (Viper Racing-Dodge)
7th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda)
8th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda)
9th. B. Utzer (Online-Racing-Ferrari)
10th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda)
11th. S. Jednak (Ferrari)
12th. F. Owen (Renault)
DNF J. Chant (Heineken-Honda)
DNF T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari)
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
View attachment 45458
View attachment 45459

Team standing wasnt updated

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Alexander Macdonald A great win today, did you think you had the pace to take Sig there?
@the_sigman You couldn't get max points today, but you caught up immensely on your teammate. What is the feeling in the McLaren camp?
@Jimlaad43 A superb maiden podium today. How does it feel to get a great result like this?

Also, over the coming days/races I will be unveiling some of the ideas for next season. Many are just that, ideas. I'll be looking for a collective agreement on whether these will work or not.
First announcement: The unofficial Manufacturer battle will be discontinued. The original idea was coined when there were only 2 engines. We have since grown to 4, with more on the way, and the title was never really challenged. So it won't be there next season.​

@Jimlaad43 A superb maiden podium today. How does it feel to get a great result like this?​
Brilliant. After being denied the GP2 championship by a mere technicality (i.e. I was punted out of a race early on, whilst lapping Rami Saidy for a second time in the race) as I lost precious points, the experience has made me stronger here. I'd like to thank Renault for their continued support, despite the fact that I am off to Jaguar next year.

The car felt perfect, but that was the probably the traction control. Wait, no, I didn't say that, I should stop drinking, did I start drinking? I might have done at some point, but probably not...maybe.
Traction control isn't controversial. Its the fan at the back of my car and the cold fusion reactor that's... oops. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back