RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How cruel... 4 minutes before the start ive shut down my pc -.- And i always check the forum when i shut down my comp.... would have been a win... :mad: Congratz to my old teammate Fred :thumbsup:

@Omer Said

Scuderia Ferrari
it.png
@Aidan Keranen it should be Red ;)

Last edited:
The colour of 'Scuderia Ferrari' on the first page should have been red, but it's corrected now anyway ;)

Or maybe it had an ad link just on my computer :unsure:
yeah.. on mine it was still ok, hasn't been touched since Thursday. Don't worry, knowing my computer I am well aware technology loves to stuff up every now and then.
And as many people said to me last season...

Results? :D
you wouldn't believe it, but I am 90% through it ;)

RACE OFFICIALLY ENDED

OWEN STUNS TO TAKE BIG PRIZE
TITLE FAVOURITES LANGUISH

1st. Fred Owen
Renault S20.png
2nd. Thomas Hackel +7.535
Honk Racing S20.png

3rd. Rami Saidy +9.377
Jordan S20.png
Fred Owen became the first driver other than those of the Skype/Heineken team to win a race since Old Wolf took the spoils in Japan last season. His victory also was the first of many surprises from Malaysia, the tag line "A season can be defined right here, right now" was definitely upheld by the field.
Owen was successful in his works Renault, after the rain held off, the pit wall strategy left the competition in his dust, as the front runners were made a mockery of. Thomas Hackel well and truly laid claim to the championship this season, his podium here the first since Melbourne, S19. His pace was strong throughout, easily holding off challengers before going on an overtaking spree. Rami Saidy took a strong third, highlighting the strong consistency of the Jordan. Although passed for second, he was able to keep up, thus taking numerous positions that Hackel blasted through. Macdonald was relatively distant in 4th, the Honda struggling through the higher speed corners, while Ben Herbert was at the back of the leaders in his Red Bull.
While Herbert was happily chatting to his team and waving to fans, over 20 seconds behind Sig Man held off a wave of frustrated racers in his McLaren, the next 4 after him were within a mere 10 seconds as the back-end of the race dished up some spice. Old Wolf and Florin Diaconescu were soon after Sig, before Sasha Jednak led home Online Racing teammates Utzer and Said in a somewhat dismal performance for the reigning champions. James Chant encountered almost terminal problems, but kept it going to be able to a, perhaps crucial, single point.
After the line, Owen too spoke of how the car was "within a lap or two of stopping dead", signifying that the racers and teams are still coming to grips with the new cars. In the constructors, Heineken Honda ended up increasing their lead by a point over McLaren, while Renault (engines) amazingly took second in the manufacturers on a countback from Ferrari. Of the 2 car teams, Jordan made the most ground in the championship, while only Ludlum's DNF denied Honk matching them.

Next, the season moves on to Argentina, where we will see our first Feature Race of the season. With a bonus 3 points up for offer, it could be very important for title aspirations.

Results
1st. F. Owen (Renault)
2nd. T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari) +7.535
3rd. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda) +9.377
4th. A. Macdonald (Honda) +13.336
5th. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault) +25.120
6th. S. Man (McLaren-Honda) +47.634
7th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda) +49.269
8th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda) +49.637
9th. S. Jednak (Ferrari) +53.344
10th. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari) +57.544
11th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari) +60.082
12th. J. Chant (Honda) +2 laps
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table.jpg

Last edited:
OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Fred Owen Firstly, congratulations on your first win, how does it feel? Do you think this could be the catalyst for a good season?
@Thomas Hackel Your first podium since a 3rd last season. Could this be season title #4? How long until we see another Honk victory?
@Rami Saidy You've taken a one season sabbatical, now you take 3rd in your second race back, feeling good about it? How long until Jordan can go better than third?
@Sasha Jednak How does it feel that you've already surpassed Ferrari's S19 points accumulation?
@Gary Ludlum Where are you?? Any indications that these problems on the #10 car are going to end soon?​

@Rami Saidy You've taken a one season sabbatical, now you take 3rd in your second race back, feeling good about it? How long until Jordan can go better than third?​
I am thrilled about our current championship position, thanks for asking ;).Well I hope it's not too long, the consistency is there, we just need to turn it into results.

Podiums are always welcome, and wins are welcomed with respect, if they were to come, hopefully ;)

Eddie was on the Pit Radio as times complimenting our performance, which would always help. Let's now move the focus to Argentina.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back