RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

had good fun! :)

first time with the WTCC cars. the beemer felt quit stable.:cool:
lars and I shared our paintwork at some times. But that's what close racing is.
lap times kept on improving. i came close to Peters lap times.:thumbsup:
i made a few pitting presets. but i think i had the wrong one on top:O_o:, because i came a few liters short in the end. I quick pitstop solved the problem.:cool:

Thanks for showing up.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I experienced the same brake problem today that occurred during the Mini event yesterday. This caused me several SnG's in the races, slowed me tremendously and had me making contact with other drivers lapping me as well as putting me off at times when all I should have been doing was slowing to go wide and let drivers through.
I just took my recently acquired, used G25 pedal apart to find that it already had the Nixim brake mod installed, stiffer spring and a rubber block to help with a real feel.

I can only think that the rubber block was getting stuck somehow making so I could not push the pedal down enough to get full brake. I've removed the block and will try see if the same problem comes back, doubt it. Even without the rubber the spring is stiff, it just doesn't have the feel of being hydraulic that the rubber adds.

Anyhow, fun being on track with you today!

I experienced the same brake problem today that occurred during the Mini event yesterday. This caused me several SnG's in the races, slowed me tremendously and had me making contact with other drivers lapping me as well as putting me off at times when all I should have been doing was slowing to go wide and let drivers through.
I just took my recently acquired, used G25 pedal apart to find that it already had the Nixim brake mod installed, stiffer spring and a rubber block to help with a real feel.

I can only think that the rubber block was getting stuck somehow making so I could not push the pedal down enough to get full brake. I've removed the block and will try see if the same problem comes back, doubt it. Even without the rubber the spring is stiff, it just doesn't have the feel of being hydraulic that the rubber adds.

Anyhow, fun being on track with you today!

Dennis you could also adjust your logitec profiler. That rubber block prevents you from pressing the pedal 100%.

Quote from: http://www.simnewsdaily.com/reviews/nixim-g27-pedal-mod/
At first it took us a few laps to get used to the pressures needed to the pedal, also our first few laps we took the time to adjust the settings both in game and in the Logitech profiler where Nixim recommends a dead zone of around 30-35% and a brake pedal sensitivity of 75%. Both these settings can be adjusted to your preference depending on what you feel most comfortable with.

And.
lower the range (if necessary) until you find the sweet spot of the rubber block. until you just lock up your brakes when pressing the pedal really hard.

image.jpg

@Gijs van Elderen , thanks for that, I'll look in to that too. For several weeks the pedal responded very nicely to pressure and never gave me a problem. Only in the last two races have I not been able to lock up and here's the fun part, it doesn't happen until I'm laps into the race! I get through practices, Q and warmup without a problem, even doing longer stints in practice, which is easy now that the same track is used several times a week. Duringthose periods I can lock the brake easily but when the problem comes on I just about have to stand on the pedal. This makes it a bit tricky to figure out. I'm driving basically the same cars for this time period and it happens to both WTCC and Mini, I can't remember it happening in last weeks races. I'll get it in the end and probably find out it's just my bad driving :notworthy:

i was told that using a wheel would make me faster, pah not yet but jeez has it made racing 1,000,000% more fun :)
thanks Dennis for organizing these races and thanks to each and every driver that sits on the grid on race night :thumbsup:

one day, in this game or the next i will be racing hard.
It took me a while to get faster using a wheel from using a 360 controller but much more rewarding when you get use to it. Can't give a time scale, it's just naturally progressing the more I use it. I've had my G27 about 8 months now and had a DFGT for about 8 months before that. Previous to that I used an xbox360 controller and only really played RacePro.

I'm going to take part in this one, on tuesday and maybe saturday, thursday is completely impossible for me, since i only arrive home at around the time pratice starts, and that is if i can get home quickly, plus i still have to eat and all that stuff so it's a bit thight, but on tuesday i'm completely free and probably on saturday too

Really nice races, R1 was a bit boring after i was on my own, but was fun anyway, i made a silly mistake at the last corner..tipical me..:D
R2 was more exciting, start from the back, after a really bad start, i followed dennis and after the 2nd fast corner i had a bit luck and i was faster a bit but everybody was front of me and i didnt want to crash so i had to lift a bit, but i caught the slip stream and came up next to Dennis but he sheperd me a bit to the grass, fortunately i was relaxed and didnt make any silly thing and managed the car back to the road, after i passed Dennis and Justin i had a nice little battle with Arunas, unfortunately after some nice laps he disappeared from my mirror. And as usual i made a silly mistake again in the last lap!
Wd everyone , nice races thanks!:)

Last edited:
I think this is a difficult track and we're certainly not used to these cars. If you weren't familiar with the track , give it a week! It's not a new track to me but I'm still learning more about it each lap.

R1: Somehow I ended up in 2nd and Arunas and Justin were far enough behind after their "tussle" that if I I didn't make too many mistakes I could hold onto it. I made mistakes but came thru for myself.

R2: Sorry Krisztián, I didn't realize I had left you with no room. Well, the boy's just took off from me in this one. I suffered through a few cramps but got to the end with my fastest lap of the day!

Thanks for attending guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back