RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That was stupid. I am so pissed off. I went to the grid at the start but when the lights came on my engine did nothing. Then as soon as the lights went out, I got automatically taken back to the garage with a DNF. I don't even know what happened, it must have been a glitch. Couldn't be angrier, and I am so disappointed I didn't get to race after all the practice and quali. If I'd crashed out at turn 1 it'd at least have been my fault, but this... beyond irritating.

Bummer Andrew.

I had quite a nice car to drive but on L3 Tom and I banged in T1 and I got just enough suspension damage to hurt the performance. Struggling to catch back up and race, more fun with Mike and Tom until I went wide and got a puncture. On my way to the pit I could see that it wasn't a bad time to stop, I would get all the fuel I needed and fresh tires to last but I spun and was damaged irrepairably,:(

I was having a good race for a change and looking forward to a mid-pack finish. Then the pit menu screwed me again. My button to "confirm" was suddenly un-bound. I know for sure I bound it last week and put it on my little chart on my wall.
I miss auto pit.

OK qualy for P9, but a gap to the cars in front.

OK start, I think I was P10 after the first corner. Had some good fun racing with the guys around me. I was really struggling to control the car though, it felt very oversteer-y for me. On Lap 13 I lost the rear after the back straight and me and Tom had a light touch, which sent me spinning. I was about 15 sec behind now. Sometime around the 50 min remaining mark I had a crash and damaged my suspension, just before the pit entry, so I made an early pit stop.

Big gap to the guys in front now, so I was just racing my own race. Really struggled with concentration and had a few impacts requiring two additional pit stops, I think I may have been a bit lucky to finish ;).

I finished 3 laps down in the end, but hey, 6/13 ain't too bad (even if it felt a bit like 13/13 :p)

Well done to all those who finished, and cheers to Dennis for organizing, and all others who showed up. :)

That was stupid. I am so pissed off. I went to the grid at the start but when the lights came on my engine did nothing. Then as soon as the lights went out, I got automatically taken back to the garage with a DNF. I don't even know what happened, it must have been a glitch. Couldn't be angrier, and I am so disappointed I didn't get to race after all the practice and quali. If I'd crashed out at turn 1 it'd at least have been my fault, but this... beyond irritating.
I feel your pain Andrew, I wasted all practise and qually a few weeks back only to be disconnected on lap one :(

As usual ( when I have time for a return here at RD ;) ), starting with a comfortable setup prefered to a quick one ... for just one reason: I'm not that quick yet ! :whistling:

80 minutes with just 2 little mistakes ( a bit of lawn-mowing at 2nd or 3d lap and a bit of gravel eating :p ) allowed me to reach finish at 5th place.

Really sorry for you, Andrew :( ... you did a real effort to drive your car with a controller with rather good lap times ... and miss the race for such a stupid problem ... is truly disappointing.

Thanks Dennis and all drivers for this race.

Quali: P5
Race: P3
I didn't do much practice on the track. Just enough to know the corners. So i'm very happy with the result.
After again a bad start i was passed by Hamed and in the 2d corner by Aaron. After a few laps Hamed made a mistake... next was Aaron (looked like the race from last week:cool:), but he was kind enough too spin :thumbsup:. Next was Justin, (again ;)) But i could not make the gap smaller than 5sec. So i decided to pit in a bit early. Checked the pit-menu and ... :confused: ... No preset... I entered all while driving and lost a few seconds.
After the pitstop i pushed like hell. Slimming down the gap back to 5 sec. But lap after lap i could not get closer. So i gave up and take the car home safely at P3.
See ya next week @Zolder

Great Job Matthias:thumbsup: ( :alien: ) :thumbsdown: ... :D

Bad race for me. Started 3rd, got a terrible start off the line, I realised I was rolling back on the grid so went for the handbrake button but hit the ignition button. :poop: Lost a few spots there.
Then a few laps in, I put a wheel on the grass coming out of dingle dell corner, caught the slide but hit the barrier leaving me with suspension damage.
I stayed out and monitored the gap to the guy behind. Losing time, I pitted early, only to realise I wasnt gonna make it to the end on my fuel load.
I pressed on.. at the back. Passed a couple of guys at the rear, and then - following Eddie - I got caught out by his much earlier braking and slower pace into westfield. Apologies Eddie :redface:. I caught his rear and sent him into a slide, leaving me with suspension damage again.
The next corner I quit and went for a mcdonalds.

Looking forward to Zolder. :thumbsup:

This was easier than I thought, maybe all those public server races at Brands back in the days helped to secure the win ;).
Too bad Reggie went for a unplaned nap, would have been some fight I think.

The car drove itself tbh, seems that the setup fitted perfectly here.
After a couple of laps I thought maybe Justin would come back at me like at Estoril the other day, but it didn't happen :cool:

This was easier than I thought, maybe all those public server races at Brands back in the days helped to secure the win ;).
Too bad Reggie went for a unplaned nap, would have been some fight I think.

The car drove itself tbh, seems that the setup fitted perfectly here.
After a couple of laps I thought maybe Justin would come back at me like at Estoril the other day, but it didn't happen :cool:

No, I was really struggling with the car for pretty much the whole race, if it wasn't trying to swap ends it was understeering. I'm not sure what I did but it wasn't the same car I was driving in practise and qually??? The only time the car felt good again was when the tyres were coming to and end, maybe the last 10 minutes of each stint. I nearly lost it altogether a few times where the handling was very unpredictable....very strange. I thought it was the G27 acting up at first but as I said, it settled down again on worn tyres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back