RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

There was a discussion about grip levels during practice. I think what is being experienced is a familiarity with the cars and the track. Running the same car three times and the same track on six days, one does get a bit more knowledgeable about the car and ahem, a little braver through the corners. My lap times are dropping, how about yours?

Anyhow, a faster car than last time and a better handling one too. Qualified with race fuel in the tank.

I was expecting to be able to keep a pace and finish with some rubber on the rims. I could tell very quickly the plan was not going to work as both Gundar's and Hamed were chasing me down and I could not relent. Hamed got past Gundar's and the gap started closing. There was nothing I could do, I was going as stinking fast as I could. About four minutes left and Gundar's easily got by but I did not let off, maybe I should have, as I tapped him each time I got close. Since I was gaining and losing like an accordion, when ever I got close I tried to make a move. None of that worked but I did watch him exit the tarmac and I slid by, WHEW! 19% left on the left front tire and no blowout!

Thanks for the great turnout. Marco has told me that when he gets the RaceLog working properly for Race07 that all these events will be entered so hang in there.

What will Saturdays race be like :unsure:

351411WTCC07flyer.png
The The WTCC cars are the championship series for production, four door touring cars. The car has about 250 HP and weighs about 1100kg, is capable to reach a top speed of 260 km/h. The WTCC cars are ideal for exciting sedan racing, three days a week!

Schedule
The WTCC server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 900 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 38 Start Date: Monday September 16, 2013
Week 38 End Date: Sunday September 22, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other threads)

• Tuesday September 17
  • Thursday September 19
  • Saturday September 21
Time schedule for official ranked sessions
  • WTCC '10 is needed for this track
  • Official Practice: 19:00 GMT
  • Qualification: 19:30 GMT [Superpole]
  • Warmup: 19:40 GMT
  • Race Starts: 19:50 GMT
  • Race Ends: 20:35 GMT [45 minute race, forced pit for two tires minimum.]
Information
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Password: Click here for the server password
RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for WTCC discussions and race reports this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Place an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Last edited:
125088GTSportFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTS
Car: GT Sports
Track: Zolder
Games: Evo, WTCC '10

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Warmup
20:00 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Justin Swan
  2. Rui F. Martins
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Last edited:
705514Radicalflyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RADS
Car: Radical SR4 252
Games: Race 07, WTCC '10

20:00 GMT: Race (2 x 22 Minutes)

Entry List:
  1. Justin Swan
  2. Tom Naughton
  3. Janko Balej
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Last edited:
955692MimiFridayFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Games: Race 07, WTCC '10

20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Justin Swan
  3. Andrew James
  4. Gijs van Elderen
  5. Aaron Channer
  6. Arunas Linkevicius
  7. Reggie Blain
  8. Joao Borges
  9. Matthias Klein
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Last edited:
Note the slight change to this weeks format. A single 45 minute race with a forced pitstop for at least two tires. Strategy and timing are also a part of racing :devilish:

I thought I would pass on the reasons, my motivation for this weekly setup. Having picked up on the use of mod tracks I began presenting them in all the classes we drove in so that once downloading, drivers could get to use them before they went to the "back room". I had never intended to stack them for a whole week. Drivers had supported a WTCC League and RD staff heard from several groups/drivers that they would like to work on that and organised those events but it did not happen and so @Bram Hengeveld, suggested I run extended WTCC. What has happened is my interpretation of what he wanted implemented. I'm happy with the way it has begun and hope drivers are enjoying it.

I pondered a while and chose this format for several reasons. First was to give the drivers a form of a "League" which is why it's the guinea pig for the Racelog Rankings. True the scores are tilted a bit by the added results of the first Ironman race but none the less after several weeks the leaders of this series will move to the fore. This allows me as a single organizer to run what many drivers wanted but was difficult to put together. No change to the rules, no maintenance of scores or testing of car/tracks.

I think this unique format will work out well and hopefully we can move onto a series with a different group of cars run along the same lines.

The idea of running all the weeks cars at the same track was to spotlight other cars, offer them as a different way to see the same track and help to better drivers car setups and give drivers other perspectives on the track to help with their driving in WTCC events. You can see that I try to start the week off with a "nice" car, place a fast car in the midweek position and everyone gets plenty of practice for a Mini Friday, a blend of FWD/RWD experience. I can't usually race on Saturdays but I felt that there should be an option for Ranked driving for those that cannot race during the week and maybe it might be the "Ultimate" race to close the week after the earlier battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back