RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

So its starts 1900 here in Sweden also? I am a little confused...

I live in Hungary, timezone utc+2 as well Sweden (or +1 it depends on the clock adjustment, we have to change it when summer begins, then before winter begins..silly thing btw..:D)
Practice starts 21:00
Race starts: 22:00

For me, but if you check the link what Dennis send, you can find out easily when it starts in your time zone

Well, to say sim racing on the pc is a steep learning curve is a big understatement! Another race tonight and with no assists on and my new triple screen set up, it was bloody hard work lol. Qualifying in last place was a given but my main aim at the moment is to actually finish the races and that was achieved tonight. Also had to contend with a stop and go after I'd spun off and was unable to control the car so got penalised for cutting the track I mean wtf!! then I spun out again and damaged my suspension so had to pit again. As I say, a steep learning curve but very enjoyable all the same. Well done to the winners and thanks for organising Dennis.

Cheers

Jim

@Phil Lawrence , all in the learning curve! You can leave and come back during Q but not after.

These cars are not the easiest to drive. Is that putting it to nicely? But of course they are a ton of fun :). Justin was the true leader though it all but I think unfamiliarity got him in the end.

My job was to stay on track, difficult when Rui shows a blast of speed and Janko is as fast as I am.

But then came L1, T4 and Justin and Rui try to figure who goes in first, it waqs me! So I lead for five laps until I have an off. Janko takes it for a couple and spins off after T1 and I'm unlucky enough to have to avoid him, aero damage :( and I slink to the pit. Coming out I guess I freaked Janko and he blew T1, I was staying slow and inside but ...anyhow, he's of to the pit fr a repair. Rui has the lead, Janko comes out of the pit right behind me a lap later and we run the last laps to the flag really fighting! It was a good race, afterwards in the pit I thought there were to be two races, I was wrong :thumbsup: These support classes are not supposed to take the "grandeur" out of the WTCC series.

Had the slightest of taps and lost aero and suspension damage! incredible as I had some very hard ones in practise and nothing!! Unfortunately I have pit stops on manual and my box was like 50 meters in and had no time to select aero and suspension repairs....filled up fuel I didn't want and fresh tyres but no repairs :( so I decided the same would happen if I tried pitting again, so I decided to spectate.

@Dennis Phelan, you're right I did freak out :geek: when I saw you, slamed the brakes an off I went :rolleyes:. Sorry you spun out becouse of me couple of laps earlier. We did have a nice race afterwards, though. Didn't have to let me pass at the end of the race, but thanks:thumbsup:.

Grats to Rui who survived all the mishaps we had during the race :whistling: (we were all race leaders at some point, but there can be only one winner:thumbsup:). Sorry to see Justin out of the race so early, but it would be probably lonely at the front as he was flying through P and Q sessions.

Had a great time with these cars, i don't drive them very much but i really enjoy them, i did some practice laps offline and i was felling good with the default setup, the only problem was the tires overheating, but i think it was due to the ambient temperatura that was very high during the offline test, when i entered the server the tires were ok, just a sligth pressure adjustment on the rear and i was good to go.
Q: For qualy i filled the car with fuel for only 6 or 7 laps, and rigth at my first set of laps i was able to do a great lap, at least for me :roflmao:, it allowed me to qualify in 2nd, it was more than i hoped for so i had some expectations for a good result in the race.

R: Rigth before the race starts i had quite a scare, the car just fell down to the grid, it almost landed on Justin's car, fortunately no damage to any of the cars. At the start of the race i was able to go to the front of the race and i stayed there until turn4, where i went a bit wide due to Justin being on the inside, we touched and went wide, alowing Dennis to get lead of the race, i stayed behind Dennis for 2 laps but then a warning apeared saying that i had to stop to serve a stop&go penalty ( idon't know why, maybe i jumped the start, it wasn't from cutting, so it could only have been from that), after my stop&go i was behind everyone, but in the next lap Justin quitted the race, at that moment i thought i could had a chance of winnign the race if it wasn't the penalty. i was able to pass Jim a couple of laps after the penalty, but i spun after passing him and had to do it all over again :roflmao:, i was able to get through Jim, but i was't being able to recover some time to Dennis and to Janko, i just did my race, trying to be as consistent as possible and to keep it safe and i maybe had a chance of getting in the figth, and that happened, around 10 minutes to the end of the race i started to gain time on Dennis and then he pitted, the same happened next lap to Janko, so i just found myself on the lead "accidentally" with 6 minutes to go, i just focused ad tried to do my best without going off track, Dennis and Janko started to gain time on me, but fortunately i had a big enough gap to mantain my lead and win the race, which was great for me, more than i could ask for :cool:

It was a great race, congratulçations to everybody, it was a great race :thumbsup:
@Jim Brailsford don't give up and just keep practising and you will do just fine :thumbsup:

see yopu guys next event :)

@Justin Swan, , I had a "Fix" preset too but decided to just add the fixes to the 4 dry tires that was selected, fresh rubber out of the warmers :thumbsup:[/quote]

I did the same at my (unplanned:rolleyes:) pit stop. Preset was set only for tyres and I added the fix for the aero and susp before I pitted. Presets are almost a "must have" in these races:thumbsup:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back