RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

After re-installing steam, all I have installed is race 07 at the moment, no other add-ons, and I can get in the server just fine.
Yeah, I can get on the server but it shows as UNKNOWN and CICADA isn't showing as a selectable track in the single player game menu? RACE 07 also crashed when I was in the garage on the RD server for Cicada. I'm currently adding each DLC until Cicada shows up, so far GTR evo, RR1 and Race Injection haven't fixed it @Rupe Wilson @Dennis Phelan

I can't see the format working TBH, I recall the race club trying this a while back, just leaves empty servers!
I think seeing others signed up to an event gives those pondering a push to signup rather than seeing nothing at all..

The problem is people want to race full grids! and it's tough enough getting signups in the current format. and this drop in as you please will effect the racing and not for the better..
I can't see it working TBH and it's the same view from about 4 of my team mates!

BUT I could be wrong and very much hope I am..:)

for me i prefer the way it was but i understand that it is alot of work for you Dennis but i beleive that there is some alternatives to reduce your work load and keep us the members satisfied. my suggestions are the following, use the same track for the entire week either a default track or add-on track, as for the sign up list maintenance instead of you doing all the work it could be done as follow, post the event details in one post and the sign up list in a second post, from there people that want to sign up for the event copy the sign up list and add there name to it and so on for evebody that sign up for the event that way you don't have to maintain the list, less work for you and for us it doesn't make a big difference since we already have to post that we want to sign up.

on a side note its our racing club and its not only Dennis responsabilities to make the racing happen its also ours, what i mean is that nothing forbid someone to suggest an event to Dennis and if he likes it for you to do the work behind closed door like i do with the V8 Supercars IronMan events, in the end Dennis only have to post what i have prepared and set the server. the GTL racing club work that way Rupe don't do all the work alot of guy's are involved in the club either its just testing and/or organising full events or leagues, that system have alot of good sides, it makes people have a closer relationship, have more respect for each other in and out of the track, the club is more interesting cause we race combo that real interest us rather then combos that are some kind forced on us.

thats my views on things :)

The, "Hey @john doe, come join me tonight!" may help to get populated grids.
That's what makes me feel it's less organised and more casual racing. My feeling is the grids will become more watered down and random rather than organised and fuller grids, but....... if that's the way the powers that be want it, then so be it. I'm sure if it all doesn't work out we can revert back to something?

Yes that is true Yves without the help of the drivers from GTL in helping in the testing and doing prep work to help me i would struggle to give the guys what they want.
We have a real good community in gtl all helping out were they can
But you have to think about a few things when looking for an event, look at your fastest drivers and slowest it has be drivable for all, That is one of the reasons we have moved onto the track being used over a longer period to help the slower guys or guys who don't have as much time to practice to get used to a track.
We have seen the benefits from this over the month with all the times getting closer and the racing getting much better.

I have my 2 server set up with default cars form 2 classes to and 2 different tracks
each week we pick different cars from the class to race but all can be used out of the official race days if wanted, i like our 2 fixed days for racing but you will often find guys practising for the events on other night also so we have a nice mixture to keep us all busy.
i will still be running our Endurance Events and time Attack in between this
and hope to get the league up and running also over the winter..

In all honesty we don't as yet have enough drivers to race every night with a big grid although that would be nice. I don't think i could do it every night, i like some free night to race other events and fit in a small social life( that's a laugh)
i also think its important to have a staff member or a person in charge on the server when there is a race.

I am open to all options but look at what my drivers want and try to fit it all in to get the best out of the system and use what we have to offer at RD to the full.
I don't think were ready for Racelog just yet but once we are it could be fun.
I wonder if drivers will loose some of the gentleman's racing spirit once we do start . i hope not. I want big full grids and quality racing over the month.

My bad, closing on Gundars on the first lap on the uphill, I had to back off a tad and spun to the side. Later that lap slid and hit the rear of the car hard on some armco, out. :( Two in a row for me. I did hang in and watch t he race, talking on TS with Andrew :)

More than happy with a second place considering I had no time to get use to this track, took a while to settle into a comfortable pace and it's a shame I couldn't have found that pace earlier, I might have been able to keep Aaron on his toes but in truth, he was gone and out of sight after a few laps in. Well done, great pace..

Thanks for the event Dennis, shame you had to spectate.

Well... had a great start off the line.

But it was downhill from there. Spun off a couple of times, damaged suspension and had to pit ten minutes in to fix it. I trundled along at the back making small mistakes often - I was way too tired to race today and should have gone to bed instead!

Then I got past @Michael Nelson during his pit stop. Unfortunately we had a 'racing incident' at the top of the hill - Mike was great about it and waited for me, though seeing the replay I think it was half my fault misjudging how far he'd managed to create an overlap. I wanted to tell you to just go but no chat speak in a race :-( (which is why I just got right out your way the corner after) - thanks though, that was great of you to wait. Again, sorry.

My car was almost wrecked during that incident. It was a mess, aero and suspension damage, so the last few laps I was way off even my slower pace. I let Aaron lap me on the straight to avoid doing another lap.

A bad day at the office, as they say, but overall, even with my poor driving, it was fun. Thanks Dennis for organizing it and keeping me company on TS.

And sorry to you as well Andrew, I'm quite inexperienced with racing and maybe should have waited for a safer spot.

Set a new PB in qualy, to start 3rd on the grid, which I was pretty happy with.

But I think my set up was too aggressive, I was suffering major oversteer the entire race, especially on the sequence before the second split line. Pretty early in the race I hit the wall there and did suspension damage, everything felt OK, and the gap to car ahead was remaining OK, so I decided to stay out and not have to make 2 pit stops. Lost the car at the same corner the very next lap, this time I could feel the damage, but still decided to stay out. I was losing a little bit to Janko every lap. I pitted after about 30 mins had elapsed, hoping to last to the end.

After Janko pitted I managed to come out just ahead of him, but then I ran wide and he overtook me.

A bit later on I had a heavy impact before the hairpin, the engineer told me I had aerodynamics problem, and I had suspension as well, car was a mess to drive so I pitted. Somehow my eyes glazed over the red FL tyre. Straight after the pit stop I wondered why my steering was still off-center. Whoops. Had to do a full lap on 3 wheels, so now my one pit stop turned to three.

Then I was just catching up with Andrew, and we had the incident mentioned above.

--
Thanks to all who participated, I had a lot of fun. And cheers to Dennis for organizing it all, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back