RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Two rookie mistakes from me in both races, first one I managed to have the pit limiter on and dropped to last place after starting sixth on the grid but got a 7th place finish and on the second race I spun out ten minutes in, on the last corner before the straight after leading the race since the start :/

Got to learn I guess plus those V8s although tons of fun ain't the easiest cars to handle, thanks to everyone that was there for the sportmanship :D

ps There was definitely something weird going on with the grip during the race maybe need to check it?

Pretty difficult event to start with :D but I am satisfied with my result (4th in 1st race and 3rd in second).
In 1st race the last few laps were pretty intense as I was catching up 3rd and 5th was right behind me :D Made a slight mistake and waved goodbye to podium finish. Grip was good until those last few laps, every times I stepped on the gas, the car went nuts.

Car is very tricky to handle, 2nd gear corner exits are a nightmare.. Oversteers are very difficult to catch and the track is extremely bumpy at times. I used Yves' setup which is clearly better than the default one on this track. Sometimes though, the car would bump incontrolably from left to right making it very difficult to handle.

Ive been driving a lot of F3000 last week, and this car handles like a beached whale in comparison:confused: After I got used to it it was nice though, challenging car and track and very rewarding when you get a good lap together.

Very strange thing with the grip though, in race 1 I just lost the rear over every single bump and I had to be really careful with steering, it felt like driving in heavy rain. Race 2 seemed a bit better but still way off practice grip (should be about the same right?)

Anyway I had a great time, grats Krisztián and Yves and thanks all for racing

Really nice and fun races, in R1 i had a bit luck and take the first place, i've done what i can, i had to because Yves was really fast, one more lap and i think he would catch me, R2 was a bit more fun and exciting as well, to catch people:) it went good until i made a silly mistake then stuck on the sand..:/ btw it was really awesome event! Looking forward to the next similar!! ;) Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
Q: I did a good lap, even if it wasn't my fastest lpa ever it was a good one.

R1:rigth from the begining the race went bad, i got out of the grid well, but a couple of meters after the both cars in front of me had an incident and slowed down a lot, i tried to avoid them but while doing so i colected Ken Hunter sending both of us to the wall (i'm really sorry for that mate, it wasn't intentional :unsure: ), after waiting for Ken i tried to catch some car in front of me, i was able to pass a couple of them due to spins, but the race was being really dificult, i simply had no grip on the rear, it felt like the track was wet or something like that, i just tried to hang on until the end but i wouldn't finish without a lot of spins, i was able to finsh the race 1 lap down, it was a nigthmare, as soon as i hit the throttle the car would went sideways.

R2: for the second race i increased the rear wing on my car to try to get a little more rear grip. I had a good start, but something happen and i was sent to the wall, fortunately with no damage, after that i kept going and once again i was able to pass some cars after they spin, the rear wing was really handy in the begining of the race, i had a good figth with Hiroshi and later with Dennis and Normam, but this second figth was short since they both passed me and went away as i started to loos grip at he back end of the car, at the end of the race not even the rear wing helped me and i was really strugling again, frtunately i was able to finish the race not so far at the back.

Congratulations to top3 and those who finished the race, these cars are really hard to handle it's amazing what some of the guys can do with this cars :thumbsup: this was one of the hardest races i've ever done :barefoot:.
Thank you for the event, it's always nice to do a race, especially with such a good grid :thumbsup:, thank you for organizing these events :thumbsup:

Cheers guys for the racing. I had a lot of fun, although I reckon these cars were a bit beyond my skills.

Had a good battle with David Bentt in race one, very closely matched. He spun in front of me and I accidentally hit him, then he allowed me to pass him and we resumed our fight. I ran wide a bit later and spun, so that was that.

Race two was OK, but I had a bad start, on the climb up the hill the car in front of me was quite a bit slower, I jammed my brakes but still hit the back of him, then he hit the car infront as well, but they both managed to continue without losing speed. Sorry guys. I was steadily losing places during the race, maybe halfway through Dennis was chasing me. I messed up the downhill section and lost control, making contact with Dennis. My fault entirely, so I slowed to let him pass, but I think he slowed to let me through as well. It was a bit confusing, but that confusion was solved when I was focusing so much on my rear view mirror that I failed to see the road end in front of me and had a spin.

I had a lot of fun though, and learned a lot, so cheers everyone. And thanks Dennis for organizing.

I barely got back home and the mod installed in time to get on track. Luckily I had a base setup handy! My times seemed off, normal and quali verified this though I did go out with a race load of fuel.

R1 I was lucky enough to get held up at the start and got to the hill with a good idea of what to expect for grip levels. With that in mind I somehow managed to stay on track for half the race, Rupe got by as I misjudged grip but I held onto a good finishing spot despite the fact that it was in the top 8.

R2: Tryiing to be cautious, I ended up catching a few curbs and ending up in last place. Carefully, I got to driving again and finished again much higher than I expected!

A good turnout of new drivers, they handled these "beasties" well. I imaging getting into these again after a mod for improved grip levels or any normal car, these guys will be able to show their stuff! Thanks for joining us and do come back! Thanks to all that love these cars and make these event fun for all!

guy's we are looking into it and try to find what was the problem so hopefuly for the next time everything will be fine on the grip level side.

The car behaved so differently in comparison to when i was practicing offline that i couldn't even really drive the car. Using your setup offline i got comfortable with the car so that although i would of been at the back of the pack i would at least been able to consistantly run with the back runners and finish the race and have fun.

Well that didn't happen it just wasn't fun for me so i left the session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back