RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

@Mark Guy What wheel are you using? i was using a driving force gt and i had a problem with the pedals in which the brakes would sligthly apply and release imeadetely, this would happen really fast but i was enough to slow the car down a couple o km per hour and, in some cases, making the brakes overheat, more recently it spread to the acelarator. I cleaned the inside of the pedals and, at the first couple of times, the problem was solved, but after some clenas it stopped working

Would anybody here by any chance have a setup that they are willing to share? I can't seem to get a decent setup going with the 2012 cars. It will be greatly appreciated

I can get the 2010 car going decently on this track but i'm struggling big time with the 2012's.

@Mark Guy What wheel are you using? i was using a driving force gt and i had a problem with the pedals in which the brakes would sligthly apply and release imeadetely, this would happen really fast but i was enough to slow the car down a couple o km per hour and, in some cases, making the brakes overheat, more recently it spread to the acelarator. I cleaned the inside of the pedals and, at the first couple of times, the problem was solved, but after some clenas it stopped working

Sounds quite similar to a problem I had with my DFGT pedals. When fully depressed, the throttle would occasionally cut between 100% and ~70%, maybe one in five times I depressed it. I googled and it seemed like a dirty pot, so I opened the pedals up and sprayed CRC directly into the accelerator pot and now it works dreamy. It certainly sounds to me like you have a dirty pot also.

ok i did some testing today and i came up with a basic setup, it should get you around the track nicely if you take it easy at first the time you get to know the track and the car. the setup works for both the Holden and the Ford and it was develop with the Ford. i have included the replay of my fastest lap so you will be able to see how i drive the car with the setup.

that said the setup still need work to be done on it the dampers are still the default setting. i found that the 2012 version of the mod is a little bit more trickier to drive then the 2010, it require i little bit more finesse on the driving but i still find the mod very enjoyable.

another thing i found during my testing that on this track when using the soft tyres the left side overheat pretty quickly (within 2 laps) specialy the rear left so it might be very tricky to do the race on soft tyres. i did tried the hard tyres and on a 4 laps run the left side wasn't overheating but i was much slower tho so i think that maybe it will be safer to run the hard tyres during the race, you know be slower but avoid loosing control and spinning.

i'll probably be doing some more testing today around 19.00 GMT so if anyone wanna join me your more then welcome to ;)

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y8aga4ffymyoa94/V8S_2012_Cicada.rar

sign me out steam has stuffed up my race 07 and expansions..................why does simbin have to go thru steam such a hassle
Sign me out please, i've just deleted Race from my hdd and will not be installing it again.

guy's the best way to do this is to back up your GameData folder and UIData folder and some other files, delete the game and just reinstall it, i did it while watching a movie and it was all done before the movie was finish. i know its annoying but its worth it.

guy's the best way to do this is to back up your GameData folder and UIData folder and some other files, delete the game and just reinstall it, i did it while watching a movie and it was all done before the movie was finish. i know its annoying but its worth it.

Was some new conversion thing for race07 and gtr evo and expansions it asked to convert to their new fil system so have doing that i pressed ok it got 97% and failed twice lol, im grueling it out redownloading hopefully should be up and running before the club event :cool:

Hi guys, how good do you have to be to join in these races? I'm not very good and I don't want people calling me a dick cos I can't drive very well lol. I'm downloading race 07 later today then will have a couple of hours to try and grasp the game. Maybe I should wait for a couple of weeks and then join?

Cheers

Hi guys, how good do you have to be to join in these races? I'm not very good and I don't want people calling me a dick cos I can't drive very well lol. I'm downloading race 07 later today then will have a couple of hours to try and grasp the game. Maybe I should wait for a couple of weeks and then join?

Cheers

Hi Jim, i asume that your new to RD so first welcome mate :) to answer your question its not how good or fast you are its all about having fun while not ruining the other fun. so there is some simple guidelines you can follow, always watch your mirrors and see if there is a faster guy coming up, if your being lap stay on the racing line and let the faster guy make the pass you can help him by braking earlier or lifting the throttle when you see him pulling along side you. if you go off track be careful when rejoining and not rejoin in an unsafe manner. if you follow those simple guidelines you should be fine and have a good time ;) don't be affraid to ask for advice or help we are a bunch of good guy,s always willing to help each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back