RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Problem solved. Had a look where the mod was installed and found all these!
I deleted all the folders apart from 2012 and all working now :) Must have been in the file I downloaded because I've never installed V8 mod before.

Ignore the dates, I just restored the other folders for the purpose of this screen grab.

Attachments

• probsolved.jpg
    probsolved.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Well, our week of running green is over. It was a week with full grids and almost empty ones too. We were joined several times by racers new to the RaceDepartment Club events as well as seasoned aliens. Though one can never see all that's happening on the track without watching everyting in a replay, driving manners appeared to be maintained by all, I head of no real massive first lap knots.

Thanks to all of you for supporting the week long series of races. It was fun for me to add another 75 or so laps of Nordschleife to my tally. I now have a case of "tennis elbow" and a bit of constant pain in my left hand from so much driving during a weeks period. I know for some it was a good chance to add, for a few a first time and for the rest of us, a good chance to regain /maintain a familiarity with a great road.

Keep doing laps, "I'll be back." ;)

The Racing Club restructured!
Being one of the core racing features on RaceDepartment, the Racing Club is something that we keep close to our heart. To make sure it stays lively we've decided to review and restructure the clubs and get them more consistent.

"How?" you say. Well, by introducing a new type of schedule and keeping track of the results. The latter is made possible by our new in-house software - RaceLog - developed by Stefan Mizzi. Make sure you read the frontpage article about RaceLog before you continue reading.

The new Racing Club features
  1. One week. One track. Same car(s). A week in the Racing Club will be centered around one track and the same selection of cars - usually one, but sometimes more per class or multi-class - with races going off on a daily basis at 19:00 GMT. The races have a length of 22-80 minutes and are preceded by a qualifying session. You can practice online all day long, except during the daily event.
  2. Practice makes perfect. These new horizontally planned events allow for drivers to get used to the car and tracks over the period of a week. No need for stressfully trying to get your laps in to prepare for this one-time, never-again event. Now you can take all that you learn in the one event and put it to practise in the next. You decide when you practice and you decide when your race. You don't have to miss out if you have to work late that one night.

3. Moving up the ranks. Now that all the results get logged by RaceLog we keep track of everyone's progress and so can you... The better your results, the more ranking points you will score. How much points you score (or lose) depends on how your ranking points compare to those of your opponents and what position everyone finishes in. Lower ranked drivers will gain more by winning than high ranked drivers. The opposite is true for losing points. Beat the best and lead our ranks!

4. Finish your races! Wondering if you should hit that ESC button? Don't! Making it to the finish line is rewarding and we strongly encourage you to do so. Scoring a DNF (Did Not Finish) will result in a ranking points penalty that you really don't need.

5. To rank or not to rank. Everybody that drives in the Racing Club gets ranked, however the ranking will not affect what races you can join in the Racing Club. The clubs are open for all our Licensed Members. If you don't want to worry about your points, simply don't pay attention to them. You are just as welcome!

6. What about illegal content? Na-ah! :thumbsdown:

Edited buy staff to reflect changes in the Race 07 Club 10-27-13

Last edited:
351411WTCC07flyer.png

The The WTCC cars are the championship series for production, four door touring cars. The car has about 250 HP and weighs about 1100kg, is capable to reach a topspeed of 260 km/h. The WTCC cars are ideal for exciting sedan racing, three days a week!

Schedule
The WTCC server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 900 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 36 Start Date: Monday September 2, 2013
Week 36 End Date: Sunday September 8, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other thread)

• Tuesday September 3
  • Thursday September 5
  • Saturday September 7
Time schedule for official ranked sessions
  • Qualification: 19:00 GMT
  • Race Starts: 19:30 GMT
  • Race Ends: 20:00 GMT [30 minute race]
Information
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Password: Click here for the server password
RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for WTCC discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Place an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Last edited:
Steam has just decided I need to reinstall Race 07. I don't know how long it's going to take :(

This isn't good, I had no choice, it would not let me play.

It's going slowly, where is the emoticon of a smiley holding a gun to it's head?

Last edited:
It comes down to the same thing that they did last year. Move the "GameInstallDir" from the Install 2 folder to your Race 07 and delete the second install. You will have to reinstall all the Simbin product you own again. Any mods you have in your Games\<username>\ install will have to moved/copied/reinstalled in the \Common install. Not bad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back