RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

i belive that is because of conection,it seems to you that he is braking so late but i think that he is not,,,try to download some hotlaps online and have a look at brake points,,,

Thank you Goran :) in 1st race, you passed me and Mustafa during yellow flag. Maybe you think it was over, however we only passed the safety car with the permission of Yuri since he is trying to take the leader back of him. i mean, yellow flag session hadn't finished yet. i tried to warn you using my headlights, however you didn't notice it. Please follow the instructions next time , see u in other races :)

Sry me again, as I mentioned above this will be my first real online race. I'm clear about the behavioural rules on the track, but I'm not sure about the pitstop. Is there a manditory pitstop in this race? whatever is the case, could you give me a tipp about pitstop? if it's not manditory, should i go in pit anyways? or should i just fuel up for the whole race?
Sorry i have no experience on that, until now i always played offline time attack with no pitstop and fuel depletion etc.
I would be happy if you give me a few last tipps before the event starts so i don't feel that lost and don't make anyone mad with mistakes :D

Thx!

EDIT: HELP! I can't connect to the server! Get error "host maybe running an updated or modified game". I downloaded the track and it works offline. anything else i have to D/L? I got Evo Steam Version.. Please quick help so that i can participate!!

Sry me again, as I mentioned above this will be my first real online race. I'm clear about the behavioural rules on the track, but I'm not sure about the pitstop. Is there a manditory pitstop in this race? whatever is the case, could you give me a tipp about pitstop? if it's not manditory, should i go in pit anyways? or should i just fuel up for the whole race?
Sorry i have no experience on that, until now i always played offline time attack with no pitstop and fuel depletion etc.
I would be happy if you give me a few last tipps before the event starts so i don't feel that lost and don't make anyone mad with mistakes :D

Thx!

EDIT: HELP! I can't connect to the server! Get error "host maybe running an updated or modified game". I downloaded the track and it works offline. anything else i have to D/L? I got Evo Steam Version.. Please quick help so that i can participate!!

mate do you have all the maps installed good? and you have race on?

EDIT: HELP! I can't connect to the server! Get error "host maybe running an updated or modified game". I downloaded the track and it works offline. anything else i have to D/L? I got Evo Steam Version.. Please quick help so that i can participate!![/QUOTE]

you say, it works offline?!?!?!?
did you drive the formula master in that or a other class??

i just got help from the TS server (thanks frans). turns out i don't have race on lol...
and @frans nah the track works but i thought the Evo F1 class was the class that was meant ;)
But i just purchased Race on via STeam and am currently installing. hope that extreme class is not too different from the Evo F1 class otherwise that could be a very bad race for me ^^

I don't agree with the 1 long race, 45-60 minutes, not that my opinion would count.

Everyones opinion counts when it comes to the club, as long as you are a licensed member.

1st of all - People are not used to long races and touring brings together both occasional and enthusiast players. Sessions of 25-30 minutes with a pause between them is already more than enough for players that won't necessary take it endurance style.

45 minutes is NOT an endurance event. As for enthiusiast and occasional, every should treat the club events with the same respect.

2 - Long race with two mandatory pit-stops means strategy, strategy and more strategy. Maybe one full pit-stop, than second pit-stop only front tires, or first pitstop front tires than second pit rear tires depending on wheels drive etc.
This would increase the gap between good players and occasional players.

The 2 stop was just a small suggestion, and is impossible to police. But when it comes to strategty, if you arent spending at least 30 minutes practicing for an upcoming club event PRERACE...you shouldnt be racing in the club. I understand that people are busy with real life, but if you are not willing to put up 30 minutes to prepare for an event that is "prepared" by the racing staff on their own time....then you do not deserve to race, and should just stick to public events.

As for the gap between good players/occasional players. Good players, in your defintion are people who practice. Is that not the case in all forms of racing? If you are prepared for a race, you should beat the "occasional" last minute racers. This is the way it is supoposed to be. Personally I hate "occasional" racers who show up with 10 minutes left in practice who ask "how many laps this race is? do we need to pit? does anyone have a setup for me? I havent practiced at all and I just downloaded the track" People who ask questions like that in an organized club event should be kicked from the race, and another racers should be allowed to join. PERIOD

3 - Once the faster drivers will get in front, they will increase the gap. The longer the race the longer the gap.

This is the case in any form of racing. Would you prefer even shorter races? Maybe 5 laps? 5 minute sprints where a "slower" guy can just ram up the inside of a "Faster" guy and if he wrecks he only has to wait 5 more minutes to try it again?

4 - With two Race format, one takes second chance, as well as slower players getting pole position and better chances to get points at the end.

I personally enjoy the reverse grid because it does mix the grid up. However in the EU club lately in the 2nd race sometimes the "slower players" who get the pole end up defending dangerously to hold on to the lead. Sometimes taking many people out while driving so erratically.

Slower or occasional drivers winning over fast and enthusiast players by strategy in touring endurance. Give me a break :)

Again i will repeat myself. "Fast/entiusiast" drivers are only that way because they take club racing more serious then public events. "Slower/occasional" drivers who feel they are owed something by joining a club event, should stick to public servers. If you dont like my opinions too bad. Ive been here since RD opened, and the people who enjoy themselves the most here are the ones to take this place seriously and appreciate the hard work that the staff put in.

People need to adjust their attitude a bit regarding racing here. Winning at all costs and avoiding rules that are clearly posted is not the way to race here.

My responses are in red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 280 18.4%
  • Socks

Votes: 827 54.3%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 75 4.9%
  • Shoes