RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wanted to say thanks for the welcome. Really enjoyed the races!

Want to thank Kevin as well for helping me troubleshoot. Almost didn't make it because for some reason Steam wouldn't let me start the game. I don't know if it was the TS3 overlay plugin or the fact that I deleted some Starforce entries from my registry after trying to install the GT Legends demo, but I remembered that I did a backup just this afternoon (my weekly auto backup) so did a quick system restore and reinstalled the Limerock track, took out the TS plugin and made it at the wire. I didn't really get enough practice to be competitive, and I'm new to Race On as well, but I mostly stayed out of everyone's way except for the start of the second race when I got bumped and couldn't keep it from spinning in the middle of the pack. Sorry.

Great fun racing these Mini's Looking forward to learning and getting more practice and racing with everyone again soon. Really looking forward to the Friendly Development Series. Hope that starts soon!

i didn't join the 2nd race since all the time i was struggling with my car in 1st race. i had big problems with my setup.

interesting crash in 2nd race :)) what is happening there. i watched the replay in Ivo's post and saw that Seat is shaving the top of his car :)) fantastic :)

Thanks to all for the race ;)

InSaNe Event as to be expected from WTCC... :D Loved it all apart from a few taps here n there, main problem is just wen ppl shunt some1 off, give the place back, they will have way more respect for you than if u just go on shunting the next gy off on ur path... Serious apologies for my race 2(a) collision i caused, i must have lost connection and so all cars on my screen dissapeared, Sorry Nic Hamilton, looks way worse than it actualy was in terms of driving standard... Sorry for that m8 :( Race 2(b) was ok, managed a good stop and jumped a few gyz to 10th, eventually came home 9th after a 29th place start, im Happy all in all, look forward to the next 1... oh and sorry for the final chicane Michael... did give the place back so hope all is still good on that side m8...

Thx Michael and RD for this Event...

your race replays should be submitted to racing staff for review of your driving standards.

Well, you forget that every staff member is a volunteer, who comes checking back on RD in his spare time.
We all do something for living. One saves lifes as a doctor, one builds houses etc.
But we joined because we share the same passion.
So, what you're asking is a little overambitious in my book.

Because respect is not a right, nor is it given. It is earned.
So very true.

Later edit: Thanks Reggie.

Problem is, I can't just go around making reports on drivers having incidents that don't involve me. And unfortunatly, I haven't got the time to watch race replays from differen't people's perspetive all the way through if the race was an incident heavy one.

What should be done is. After you get your license and you've done some events, your race replays should be submitted to racing staff for review of your driving standards. If it is deemed that during thoughs events that you are un-sporting and don't follow the rules properly, then your license is banned for a month no matter if it is spotless or not. The events picked for review will be at random from the log of events that you have competed in. For people who aren't new, races picked will be from when you started at RD to your progress now.

For people who were given a 1 month ban, will again need to go through the process again.

It would be a long process, but there are too many drivers that race in manner that, if done in real life, would result in their license being revoked. Some people on here maybe even banned from racing.

I hate to sound so negative, but things need to be done. People aren't being punished harsh enough, so think they can get away with stuff.

Then on the matter of reporting people. The "make a video" thing really is a bad way of going about this. After the events, some people either a) Don't want to because video making on something un-pleasent can be tedious, b) some might not have the time or software to make videos on incidents. Why not make things easier by doing this;

To submit a report, send the replay file of the race in question. Make a description of the incident(s). Take note of the person(s) breaking the rules or being un-sportsman like. Take a note of the relative timestamps at which the situations occour. Then send the replay file to the race director for reviewing with other racing staff.

Now that way, I believe the whole process is made much easier and the terrible driving by some can be weeded out, and the respectful drivers allowed to race without having to worry about what the guy next to them is going to do.

I understand that this is just a game, but a game ought to be enjoyable. But if your races are being ruined due to someone else's negligence, then the fun disapears.

But thankfully, I know who I can race door to door with, and whos respectful. I have had some fantastic racing on RD and I look forward to more, but lately more and more of those events are happening in the US races.

I look forward to more enjoyable races in the future, and to the progress of more people becoming more respectful. Because respect is not a right, nor is it given. It is earned.

You complain about the driving standards that involves you. And you can report that and its not allowed to report a incident wich you arent part off. You talk about no time to make video's etc and then you say people need to sumbit there replay and that the Staff needs to look at that. Why do you think we have time for that?

We review with the whole staff. So if we only have the replay, all the staff need to install the track mods or even a game to watch it.
So thats why making a video is the way, so then all the staff can watch and vote for it. So better judgement on the incident.

Sign me up please.

Thanks Michael for taking the time to break a race down. Can I just add from my own observations to point 7. Ive seen many leaders when in a close battle for the lead arriving on the back of a lapper just muscling there way past. Normally this results in the lapper disapeering off the track or loosing further places. I agree the lapper should choose a good spot to allow past but sometimes they are not given the chance. I think the leader has just much to play in the role of making there way through the field and other peoples races shouldn't be ruined because you want to keep 1st.

Loving the weather, it will bring the field closer together. I might have a chance of beatening Mr Wickens without nudging him off or letting his tyres down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 213 17.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 656 54.3%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 53 4.4%
  • Shoes

Votes: 151 12.5%