RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Guys that event was awful, the none regular drivers & new drivers need to learn to give some respect for the other drivers give some room and not diving in to turns were there is no chance of passing with out causing a crash, race 2 was well erm SHOCKING to say the least.

Michael and RD thanks for hosting the event.

Had to quit Race 2 on the grid cos of my pesky G25 disconnection problems :mad: - gutted to get a DNF for that, but that's the rules. Had to leave the game and TS quickly cos I was just a little bit angry.

Honestly, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all....

On the bright side, a have a brand new shiny G27 on it's way to me, hopefully by Friday. :D

Thanks to Michael and RD for the event.

Bjorn, can you please change me to a maybe too - my old G25 was playing up again last night at Barcelona and I had to quit Race 2. I will work on it again tomorrow but may just wait until my new G27 turns up (hopefully Friday). I will do my best to make it because it is so good to see such a full grid.

Got out from work around 7:00 pm and ran on foot to get home in time. Got problems from the start with add-ons and booted as possible cheat with Vectra.
I took a Honda without setup and barely managed to do a first lap in qualifications.

First race was a disaster with a stop and go penalty, than ran out of fuel. Finished in the midpack, 19th.

Second race was a succes. After the restart I've found myself in pole position.
I've concentrated after being pushed out in the SandTraps by Miguel Neto and very happy I can keep very fast racers away in the mirrors, I made it to podium in second place with calm and pace.

Later Edit: Thanks Dan Allinson for fair-play. Beautiful close fight.

Well, for starters, lets not talk about the first attempt at race two.

Though, race one wasn't too bad. But I really was under prepared. I'm someone who needs countless laps to go fast and get a perfect setup, and real life called so I only got an hour or so. So my performance wasn't the greatest in the world.

Qualified something like 18th roughly. The lap wasn't really that good, some corners taken wide and such. Scruffy.

I had fun in race one, some shoving but not the worse. But I did see alot of others off the track, and alot of words were said on TS about people hitting others. So I haven't watched the replay and don't intend on it as I have things to do. But somethng needs to be done about some drivers. There are some drivers that seem to have a really bad mentality of, "Must try to pass at each and every corner", or "I'm in front, if theirs contact, its the fault of the guy behind me trying to pass, so I'll try and close the line on him, even though he has an overlap on me." Or the worst one, "Must brake later than the guy infront. Thats how to pass, yeah." No no no no NO!

By doing that, all you end up doing is hitting people, especially at turn one on the opening lap.

Some people who race here on RD (especially in the Euro club events) need to change or leave. I vote that some people (new and old) be tested to see if they can actually race fairly and follow the rules RD sets out. People seem to be either blatantly ignoring them or probably never even read them when they applied for a license.

In the actual race two, had a nice srap with Dimic for a while, sorry for the tap at the final chicane.

But again, there was alot of incidents again. Some just because people seemed to be completely blind to others around them. Some only seem to be able to actually concentrate on one or two people, and lack the necessary race craft for anticipating things. Its getting a tad ridiculous. And the only thing to blame is the poor driving of some who ruin the races for the many.

Ticking a box to get a license is not the way to have respectful drivers.

Poor quali, needed a bit more practice time. Race 1 was ok, usual poor handling after changing two tires in the pits. Decided to nurse it home but starting the last lap got tapped off by Reggie Blain costing me the win. Would of been nice for him to wait as per the rules.

Race 2a, looking back now was just hilarious. Was nudged off lap oneturn 2 into the tires dropping me to last then got tangled up in the remains of the pile up at turn 3. Dodged two cars that collided on the straight between turns 4 and 5. Then lap 2 on the back straight, wow, never seen anythiny like it on online gaming. Carnage. Looked at the replay from the 20 available view points of those involved - makes for a great action clip. Race 2b was pretty bad aswell, pushed off in turn one this time due to a bunch up, dropped to last some 40 seconds back so just decided to test few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 205 17.4%
  • Socks

Votes: 642 54.4%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 52 4.4%
  • Shoes

Votes: 150 12.7%